Looking for Nations Cup admins/supervizors and recorders.

Users who are viewing this thread

I desperately need people to check matches. I need two people per match. Their tasks are to spectate and hop onto teamspeak/ventrillo to check for foul play and ghosting.

PM me if you want to be a Nations Cup admin.

Current admins:
Me
Guz-Lvsitania
SCGavin
Zoltanus
Kittenhuffer - Is away on holiday untill the 29th August
Arcas Nebun
Harlequin_ITA

I'll sit in the other teams TS/vent when they play england if you want. Purely incase of ghosting, obviously.

I'd suggest you also post some of the requirements one would need to effectivelly fill this place. For instance, I can understand portuguese, english, spanish, french and those would be the ones I could help with ghosting the match and Ts/Vent.
Maybe you could list the languages and add the reference off which you still need someone to check the matches.

To counter ghosting, admins need to sit on the TS/Vent to check if people who died aren't talking. You can just see the names and the lightbulb in front of their names to see if they're talking, no need to understand them. Spectator settings are free, so that matches can be recorded. People who can record matches are also very needed.

Arch3r said:
To counter ghosting, admins need to sit on the TS/Vent to check if people who died aren't talking. You can just see the names and the lightbulb in front of their names to see if they're talking, no need to understand them. Spectator settings are free, so that matches can be recorded. People who can record matches are also very needed.
So, archer, do you really expect that people that want to ghost will not use Steam/Xfire/Skype, Come on!
People will just call whoever is alive (probably the most "ranked member" to tell where the other guys are and what strategies they're using, I think that this rule was something that you didn't tough that much before applying it, please, look at it and think, because this way people WILL ghost the combat and warn the other team-mates and instead of people trying not to die to help their teammates...
You're just going to make that one of each team runs towards the other to die and then ghost the Enemy team to his own by using other programs than TS or Vent, so, as you can see this rule is kind of fail

I'm a bit confused.

Does this mean we, as players, will be able to spectate freely when dead?
Why not edit the module to include a spectator password the same way the admin password works? (Or is it hardcoded? :sad:)

EDIT: I just realised something that no one mentioned yet...You can always do this:

d78667c61337209cf3a4b9aa0852348b.png

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=blogarchive&ident=20090529 said:
In case you're unfamiliar with what whispering is, we'll explain by example. Usually when you talk in TeamSpeak, the users that will hear you are those that are in the same channel as you. But on some occasions you may want to talk to a specific user that is not in your channel (without either user having to leave their current channel). Or you may simply want to talk to someone "privately" (without other users knowing). Further yet, you may want to talk to only a subset of users on your server. Whispering is required for each of these examples. With whispering, you can specify a list of users or a list of channels that you will talk to whenever you press your whisper key.

Editting the module is not an option for me. Also Yazzy made it clear to me that he would like matches to be recorded, the only way to do that is with free camera. We either have to drop the recording or make players record or enable the possibility to ghosting and hope teams won't be that unsportsmanlike.

Is there anyway of making a bot to move dead players out of the channel? There would be no issues with ghosting then and i wouldnt have to be silent when i hit the dirt  :sad:

or you could maybe just get the admin to move people to a dead channel

yeah i realise that but if someones determined to cheat they could potentially just call each other over the phone.

I suppose if you had 2 admins you could set the spec. settings to team only and get an admin to join each team. Then at the start of the round suicide. Then you'd have someone who could roam on each team making a video, and combine the work at the end of the match to make 1 video from both sides.

Gentlemen of rules and order,

I have avast for yonder thee 1 rule to...ahem, rule them all!

I can just make it so you are stuck to your team's players' view and that way you cannot see beyond them.

For video capture, you can just capture footage from the perspective of your team or you, and if need be use the limited spectator camera.

I think recording the matches through your team should make for some good video anyways.

I'm surprised to hear talk of potential cheating and such, I would have assumed that players of our game and especially in this tournament would just fight with honor.  Do you guys really expect/suspect that ghosting will be such an issue, is it too presumptuous to assume that our players would not cheat(I mean this is not some hacker infested shooter game)?

At any rate I have locked the cameras to 'team only' so we don't have to deal with all this VoIP babysitting and policing, its a bit too hairy.

Thoughts?  :roll:

I know I wouldn't ghost and I'm sure neither will most other players, but if it is possible you can get accusations like "He ghosted, that's why they won!" which would ruin it. I will do a poll among team captains to decide this matter.

What would be the point of ghosting anyway?
If you have eight players per team, they'll probably stick together, so once you have seen one enemy you know where the others are likely to be. Also the view on most maps isn't so restrictive that a player couldn't see for himself where an enemy is currently at. Furthermore if one of the players is dead, it's quite likely that the others see where he was killed from or are already engaging in a fight. If some ghost then yells "behind" that's more disruptive then helpful, seeing that a experienced player with eyes in his head and sound ears will have realized that by himself. If however the killed person was split from the main force and can now let the team know where the enemy is, that probably wont help them all that much as they are at least one player less due to splitting and probably don't know about the use of staying at least somewhat together in 8 vs 8 matches.
I don't really think that ghosting would be that much of a problem in this case. Also most players would probably refrain from ghosting due to honour or other reasons.

Anyone that knows a bit about the ModuleSystem would know how to disable it. Also it would require a new module to be hosted no all the servers and downloaded by all the players. Modifying Native isn't an option because you could just run Native and still join the server, playing without the black screen.

Back
Top Bottom