Author Topic: Looking for Nations Cup admins/supervizors and recorders.  (Read 6694 times)

Arch3r

• >:I
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: CoR_Arch3r
  • M&BWBNW
Re: Looking for Nations Cup admins/supervizors and recorders.
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 10:36:47 AM »
I know I wouldn't ghost and I'm sure neither will most other players, but if it is possible you can get accusations like "He ghosted, that's why they won!" which would ruin it. I will do a poll among team captains to decide this matter.

Slenderpeasants,
the evil minions of the Bonerlords

SCGavin

• Nulli Secundus
    • Steam - scgavin
    • View Profile
    • Guard of Istiniar
  • MP nick: IG_Emperor_SCGavin
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 11:38:55 AM »
What would be the point of ghosting anyway?
If you have eight players per team, they'll probably stick together, so once you have seen one enemy you know where the others are likely to be. Also the view on most maps isn't so restrictive that a player couldn't see for himself where an enemy is currently at. Furthermore if one of the players is dead, it's quite likely that the others see where he was killed from or are already engaging in a fight. If some ghost then yells "behind" that's more disruptive then helpful, seeing that a experienced player with eyes in his head and sound ears will have realized that by himself. If however the killed person was split from the main force and can now let the team know where the enemy is, that probably wont help them all that much as they are at least one player less due to splitting and probably don't know about the use of staying at least somewhat together in 8 vs 8 matches.
I don't really think that ghosting would be that much of a problem in this case. Also most players would probably refrain from ghosting due to honour or other reasons.

MaHuD

• Mr. SevenBois
  • Napoleonic Wars Moderator
    • Skype - Kroshnir
    • Twitch.tv - LordMaHuD
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Hired_Blade
  • WBM&BNWWF&SVC
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 11:45:41 AM »
Arch3r, what about a presentation that makes the screen black, ti_on_death?  :lol:

Archevious

• Master Knight
  • Become one with Mother Russia, da?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Archevious
  • M&BWB
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »
Arch3r, what about a presentation that makes the screen black, ti_on_death?  :lol:

:lol: +1

Arch3r

• View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 12:40:09 PM »
Anyone that knows a bit about the ModuleSystem would know how to disable it. Also it would require a new module to be hosted no all the servers and downloaded by all the players. Modifying Native isn't an option because you could just run Native and still join the server, playing without the black screen.

Slenderpeasants,

shokkueibu

• Knight
  • Winning Is For Losers
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: Wolfpack_sHocK
  • M&BWB
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 02:35:26 PM »
I think it's possible for the server to check if the clients altered the files. At least it seems like it, from the way cRPG knows when you have an outdated version.  :?:

pkrw

• Baron
  • ♘&⚔
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: pkrw
  • WBWF&SM&BNWVC
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 02:43:09 PM »
I'd say turn off free camera. "Patriotism" can be too big pressure to remain fair for some ghosts. Recording from team's players perspective would be enough imho.

Arch3r

• View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 02:48:01 PM »
Yep, recorders would be free to join teams after the spawn period. None harmed, they can see and record the match from players POV.

Slenderpeasants,

Tenshi

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 04:56:28 PM »
What would be the point of ghosting anyway?
If you have eight players per team, they'll probably stick together, so once you have seen one enemy you know where the others are likely to be. Also the view on most maps isn't so restrictive that a player couldn't see for himself where an enemy is currently at. Furthermore if one of the players is dead, it's quite likely that the others see where he was killed from or are already engaging in a fight. If some ghost then yells "behind" that's more disruptive then helpful, seeing that a experienced player with eyes in his head and sound ears will have realized that by himself. If however the killed person was split from the main force and can now let the team know where the enemy is, that probably wont help them all that much as they are at least one player less due to splitting and probably don't know about the use of staying at least somewhat together in 8 vs 8 matches.
I don't really think that ghosting would be that much of a problem in this case. Also most players would probably refrain from ghosting due to honour or other reasons.
You should let the teams decide if they want to stick together or not, not suppose that they will...

NO MOAR RAEP PLEASE!- Nations Cup 2010

GNGC_Spook

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 06:56:15 PM »
As a team leader, I think there should be VOIP after death. And of course, I am 230% against ghosting. As a commander, I have practiced specific tactics for specific maps, as well as set ups. The team relies on me to get important strategy input. That's why I am the commander, I'm not just a contact person.

I think if you weigh the two factors: free roam videos vs. commander's ability to command after death, the more important one for the contest is the latter. We are doing this nation's cup for the competition and ourselves first, for cool videos second.

I think videos from third person (team perspective) are good enough, you don't need artistic shots from flying cameras. Sure, it would look cool, but if it means it can only be done at the explicit expense of the gameplay quality of some teams, then cool videos need to take a backseat.

I think (hope) most commanders agree.

Yazzy

• Squirrels, the ultimate warriors.
  • Sergeant
  • Wishing TW success w/continuing Project Obvious :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2010, 07:06:52 PM »
I am 230% against ghosting

But your name says spook   :mrgreen:

But according to the importance of command and the messiness of that VoIP policing I have locked the cameras to team only, you can go now to our Nations Cup servers and see for yourself.

Have fun out there!
~: Was great working at TW for 2 years, and great working on everything + M&B 2!
Great success to TW on continuing it! :~

~And as always, Keep it Classy Lords & Ladies ~

Kittenhuffer

• I can resist anything but temptation.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Kittenhuffer
  • WBVC
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2010, 03:06:55 AM »
[...] The team relies on me to get important strategy input. That's why I am the commander, I'm not just a contact person. [...]
Shouldn't you then try your best not to die? Perhaps stay a bit behind the others until the fighting intensifies and your blade is needed?

I obviously have no say here, seeing as I'm not participating, but it just strikes me as natural to stop talking when you're dead, regardless of your position in the team. Isn't that a part of what makes these organised battles special? Killing certain key players, such as the commander, of the other team can dishearten the enemy and completely turn the match around. I don't know about others, but I'd probably be like "Meh" if I knew that he could just continue giving orders over TeamSpeak or Ventrilo, even though I just ran a spear through his chest.

COGlory

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2010, 03:11:30 AM »
Forum admins?  Sure! 

No.  Srsly, if I'm around for a match, I'll record. 

Arcas Nebun

• Please buy helmets.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Crazy_Archer
  • M&BWB
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2010, 08:50:24 AM »
I'll record aswell.
I'm back! I think

Rallix

• Count
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&SVC
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2010, 08:12:04 PM »
I am afraid of the Portuguese and Brazilians using ghosting to their advantage.  :lol: