[B] Realistic Colors 1.22 Released + Taller Grass

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucke189

Knight at Arms
NQazzPgIz.jpg

While waiting for some expert to create an excellent graphical mod for Warband I decided to take matters in my own hands and do some work on the Native textures.

Download here: Version 1.22

What is this?

This is a graphical mod that's compatible with Native in both multiplayer and singleplayer.
It should also be compatible with all mods using the Native textures.

This mod changes the terrain and some building textures and making the grass taller.

What's new?

Version 1.2 is here with fixes for the strange bushes and trees in 1.1
Some stone wall textures were missing in 1.1, which have been fixed, so cities have matching colors.
Many other tweaks.

This is a graphical mod and therefore it works with Native in both multiplayer and singleplayer.
It should work with all mods that don't modify Native terrain Textures.

Install:

1. Make backups of both the folder called Textures and ConnonRes in your Warband install location.
If you have an earlier version installed, you shouldn't make another backup.
Just make sure you have a backup of the Native textures like they were before you installed this.

2. Copy the folder named Textures you just downloaded and paste it in your Warband location.
Ex: C:\Program\Mount&Blade Warband
Or Steam version: C:\Program\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband
When asked if you want to overwrite, press "Yes to all".

3. Copy the folder named CommonRes you just downloaded and paste it in your Warband location.
When asked if you want to everwrite, press "Yes to all".

Step 2 will change the textures in game.
Step 3 will add taller grass.

Uninstall:

1. Delete Textures and CommonRes in your Warband location.

2. Replace them with your backups with the same names.

Here's the result:
UNwGybrAJ.jpg

atleXbYrH.jpg

QeOVhqgVn.jpg

fDhGJaFEF.jpg

Playing cRPG mod:
Hej4.jpg

Hej3.jpg

Hej2.jpg

Hej1.jpg

Download here: Version 1.22

What will the next version look like?

Have a sneak peak here:
PXCrAQkCv.jpg

Please tell me if you notice any vegetation textures that appear to be Native.
I might have forgot to add some textures to the download.  :razz:

Edit: Bug found. Some bushes are weird. Will look into it.

Very nice.....could we have a taste of pictures from the lands of sand and snow? and night pictures too....

*downloading now*

EDIT: Damn you :grin: I downloaded the old version right before you updated it! Son of a...
:mrgreen: But all good. The grass looks wonderful... :grin:

Not much have been done on the sand and snow areas yet.

Also, please report strange things. I know some bushes look weird and are floating a little bit.
I haven't even tested it in Singleplayer, so some impressions would be appreciated.

Yeah, stone texture is modifiend aswell. Most stone walls also.

:razz:

Edit: Yeah, don't download 1.0, it's crap compared to 1.1.  :grin:

Steam is being a little *****... tried launching Warband to see the goodies and 'Steam servers are too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes.'

I bought the game so I can play on my own time :evil:

bastards... :grin:

CounterPoint391 said:
Steam is being a little *****... tried launching Warband to see the goodies and 'Steam servers are too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes.'

I bought the game so I can play on my own time :evil:

bastards... :grin:

Ouch. That have happened to me as well.
It usually fixes itself after a few tries though.

Tell me what you think when you get it working.

Just realized something else!

Snowy castles uses the snowy stonewall on the outside and normal stonewall on the inside.
So they might look a little bit interesting.

Report simlar things and I'll make a small patch soon.  :wink:

Edit: Also, did the installation work as supposed? I haven't tested it myself yet.

Ok.....noticed a few issues in SP

First...in swadian town scenes your new stone texture isn't applied to all buildings...so it looks a little mismatched. Several bushes now have wierd meshes, like these ones:

mb4.jpg

mb3.jpg

mb2.jpg

Some scene props look a little too light for the rest of the textures....like village cabbage fields and such. I would suggest hitting the foods.brf, goods_meshes.brf and I think object_b.brf

I updated 1.2 with two textures that were missing.

So if you are one of the 12 who've downloaded 1.2 before this post was made, please download this file and this file and put them in your Textures folder.

Thank you.

If you are about to download 1.22, don't worry. It's up to date and include all files.

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom