[WoE]: Wars of Europe: AoB Add-On: New Version Released (26/11)(OP Update 01/02)

Users who are viewing this thread

Daergarz said:
Found this today, loads of fun. Looking forward to the next release, lots of potential and room for improvement. Keep up the good work.

Edit: I'm wondering if something is fudged with my installation, because I swear the gunpowder weapons aren't calculating damage properly, ie not using the ammunition damage as well. Anyone else?
Yes, the damage values of the ammunition isn't really doing an effect on the damage rate. I'll increase these values even more in the next version...

JDeNef13

*bump*

A good idea would to change the muskets accuracy to 100 or less and keep the damage low, then let the damage come from the ammonution so you wont wreck the accuracy of the very musket at start.

Afaik the desirable outcome would be a shot that is fatal nearly every single time it connects with flesh, but the accuracy would be horrendous at a distance? That way you'd actually get a lethal close-range volley instead of infantry plugging away at each other, doing 1/3rd healthbar damage with each shot.

Edit: While it wrecks lances and some sabres as well, I simply turned piercing reduction and soak factor in module.ini into negative values (-3). Very lethal now, randomly survive a shot here and there. Though I figure the more armor you wear, the more damage you take, unless I got my thinking turned around.

Anyway, in the short run before JDeNef13 tweaks the items, those changes made the mod ten times as fun for me, just in case someone else felt the same way.

bjorne. said:
*bump*

A good idea would to change the muskets accuracy to 100 or less and keep the damage low, then let the damage come from the ammonution so you wont wreck the accuracy of the very musket at start.
I increased the damage of the ammunition, but it doesn't have a big effect on the damage.
Daergarz said:
Afaik the desirable outcome would be a shot that is fatal nearly every single time it connects with flesh, but the accuracy would be horrendous at a distance? That way you'd actually get a lethal close-range volley instead of infantry plugging away at each other, doing 1/3rd healthbar damage with each shot.

Edit: While it wrecks lances and some sabres as well, I simply turned piercing reduction and soak factor in module.ini into negative values (-3). Very lethal now, randomly survive a shot here and there. Though I figure the more armor you wear, the more damage you take, unless I got my thinking turned around.

Anyway, in the short run before JDeNef13 tweaks the items, those changes made the mod ten times as fun for me, just in case someone else felt the same way.
I'm fully aware of these facts. Most people complained about the damage and accuracy, so I edited the weapons in a way everyone is happy. Editing the weapon values is a real pain, so it isn't really a thing that takes a few seconds to edit. But I appreciate your comments Daergarz.

I haven't thought about those module.ini values. I'll try to fiddle around with these numbers a bit, to see the results.

You are totally right about the armor values of the uniforms. I'll try to lower them, but that is something for the long run (imagine editing more than 100 uniforms!!! Quite time consuming!)

JDeNef13

I've edited all the armor ratings (cut them down by half, took quite some time!), and the results are pretty good. There are about 15 % more casualties. (dying faster when firing at each other)

I'll include the new item kinds.txt in the upcoming patch that will come one of the following days.

JDeNef13

JDeNef13 said:
Editing the weapon values is a real pain, so it isn't really a thing that takes a few seconds to edit.
Yes it does...

I made a few test like I said with the weps... it made it alot better... changing the reduaction to 0 is also a good add for it..

I did
Musket Damage:  20
Musket Accuracy: 90
Ammo Damage: 100
Reduaction: 0

works splendid...

bjorne. said:
JDeNef13 said:
Editing the weapon values is a real pain, so it isn't really a thing that takes a few seconds to edit.
Yes it does...

I made a few test like I said with the weps... it made it alot better... changing the reduaction to 0 is also a good add for it..

I did
Musket Damage:  20
Musket Accuracy: 90
Ammo Damage: 100
Reduaction: 0

works splendid...
I'll certainly try it out!

More screenshots added to the OP!

JDeNef13

First patch has been released, check it out fellows! :smile: What's new?
- Spanish Musketeer added.
- Added 1 sword.
- More damage from muskets/rifles/swords etc. by editing the module.ini . You'll have a harder time to survive, but so will your enemies! :wink:

JDeNef13

Hey mate, you still havn't recieved those tricornes right?
How about I send you them... and you'll position them? I can't really be bothered with it to be honest.

EDIT: Well, here they are - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7TJY0CLT

bjorne. said:
Hey mate, you still havn't recieved those tricornes right?
How about I send you them... and you'll position them? I can't really be bothered with it to be honest.

EDIT: Well, here they are - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7TJY0CLT
Thank you very much bjorne! If you have more stuff that we can use, it would be a pleasure to use them in the mod! I'm not really good in positioning items, but I'll try. Otherwise I'll ask some help. (if someones willing to help, PM me or post a message here!)

JDeNef13

If you ain't capable of doing it can I do it.. but it might take some time... I am not in the healthiest state at the moment.
But I have other stuff. but I have different plans for them :wink:

bjorne. said:
If you ain't capable of doing it can I do it.. but it might take some time... I am not in the healthiest state at the moment.
But I have other stuff. but I have different plans for them :wink:
Alright! That's the spirit! Hope you get better soon! I'm not planning to release an other patch the following days, need some more inspiration for troops and weaponry so take your time if you are going to position the tricornes in the right way...  :smile:

JDeNef13

bjorne. said:
Cool, well if you need inspiration you know where to get it :wink: (ETW)
Oh ok, I'll look into it...

Do you have any suggestions? Haven't you got some units where you could say about: "I wanted to add them in AoB!"?

JDeNef13

I'm not too good with those kinda stuff, to be honest...

However, here is your tricornes ready and positionated, including texture!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ADIH9KZS

bjorne. said:
I'm not too good with those kinda stuff, to be honest...

However, here is your tricornes ready and positionated, including texture!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ADIH9KZS
That was fast! Thank you very much! I couldn't do it myself in that speed really.  :roll: :grin:

JDeNef13

Congrats to you for continuing this mod...

will the add on's listed in this forum work with your release?  uniforms etc?

thanks in advance

anvil

Back
Top Bottom