Author Topic: [WoE]: Wars of Europe: AoB Add-On: New Version Released (26/11)(OP Update 01/02)  (Read 61271 times)

JDeNef13

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
*Sorry for third post*

Age of Blackpowder: Realm of Revolution has been released. Try it out! :wink: Go to the first post to download!

JDeNef13
Wars of Europe has been released! Download here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,119530.0.html

Venitius

• Count
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
Hey, feel free to use these, if you haven't. You seem to have the credits sorted.  :wink:

Berthout

• Knight
    • View Profile
Hey, feel free to use these, if you haven't. You seem to have the credits sorted.  :wink:

Thanks a lot!

Age of Blackpowder: Realm of Revolution has been released.

Can't try it out now, but I will as soon as I have time. :wink:
UPDATED!
[/font]

JDeNef13

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
Thanks! :)

Thanks a lot!

Age of Blackpowder: Realm of Revolution has been released.

Can't try it out now, but I will as soon as I have time. :wink:
Please do test it out.

Comments are welcome!

JDeNef13
Wars of Europe has been released! Download here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,119530.0.html

Daergarz

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Daergar
  • WF&SVC
Found this today, loads of fun. Looking forward to the next release, lots of potential and room for improvement. Keep up the good work.

Edit: I'm wondering if something is fudged with my installation, because I swear the gunpowder weapons aren't calculating damage properly, ie not using the ammunition damage as well. Anyone else?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 12:24:11 PM by Daergarz »

bjorne.

• I'm a nerd... deal with it..
    • View Profile
    • Age of Blackpowder - Realm of Revolution
  • Faction: Swadian
*Sticked*

JDeNef13

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
Found this today, loads of fun. Looking forward to the next release, lots of potential and room for improvement. Keep up the good work.

Edit: I'm wondering if something is fudged with my installation, because I swear the gunpowder weapons aren't calculating damage properly, ie not using the ammunition damage as well. Anyone else?
Yes, the damage values of the ammunition isn't really doing an effect on the damage rate. I'll increase these values even more in the next version...

JDeNef13

bjorne.

• View Profile
*bump*

A good idea would to change the muskets accuracy to 100 or less and keep the damage low, then let the damage come from the ammonution so you wont wreck the accuracy of the very musket at start.

Daergarz

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Daergar
  • WF&SVC
Afaik the desirable outcome would be a shot that is fatal nearly every single time it connects with flesh, but the accuracy would be horrendous at a distance? That way you'd actually get a lethal close-range volley instead of infantry plugging away at each other, doing 1/3rd healthbar damage with each shot.

Edit: While it wrecks lances and some sabres as well, I simply turned piercing reduction and soak factor in module.ini into negative values (-3). Very lethal now, randomly survive a shot here and there. Though I figure the more armor you wear, the more damage you take, unless I got my thinking turned around.

Anyway, in the short run before JDeNef13 tweaks the items, those changes made the mod ten times as fun for me, just in case someone else felt the same way.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 07:32:38 AM by Daergarz »

Veraxus5

• Sergeant
  • Permanently Banned
  • Pwnin' nubs since '72 - Opulence, I has it.
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
Edit: Nevermind.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 11:48:31 PM by Veraxus5 »
If you assume that I actually care, then please click the spoiler...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

JDeNef13

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
*bump*

A good idea would to change the muskets accuracy to 100 or less and keep the damage low, then let the damage come from the ammonution so you wont wreck the accuracy of the very musket at start.
I increased the damage of the ammunition, but it doesn't have a big effect on the damage.
Afaik the desirable outcome would be a shot that is fatal nearly every single time it connects with flesh, but the accuracy would be horrendous at a distance? That way you'd actually get a lethal close-range volley instead of infantry plugging away at each other, doing 1/3rd healthbar damage with each shot.

Edit: While it wrecks lances and some sabres as well, I simply turned piercing reduction and soak factor in module.ini into negative values (-3). Very lethal now, randomly survive a shot here and there. Though I figure the more armor you wear, the more damage you take, unless I got my thinking turned around.

Anyway, in the short run before JDeNef13 tweaks the items, those changes made the mod ten times as fun for me, just in case someone else felt the same way.
I'm fully aware of these facts. Most people complained about the damage and accuracy, so I edited the weapons in a way everyone is happy. Editing the weapon values is a real pain, so it isn't really a thing that takes a few seconds to edit. But I appreciate your comments Daergarz.

I haven't thought about those module.ini values. I'll try to fiddle around with these numbers a bit, to see the results.

You are totally right about the armor values of the uniforms. I'll try to lower them, but that is something for the long run (imagine editing more than 100 uniforms!!! Quite time consuming!)

JDeNef13

JDeNef13

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
I've edited all the armor ratings (cut them down by half, took quite some time!), and the results are pretty good. There are about 15 % more casualties. (dying faster when firing at each other)

I'll include the new item kinds.txt in the upcoming patch that will come one of the following days.

JDeNef13

bjorne.

• View Profile
Editing the weapon values is a real pain, so it isn't really a thing that takes a few seconds to edit.
Yes it does...

I made a few test like I said with the weps... it made it alot better... changing the reduaction to 0 is also a good add for it..

I did
Musket Damage:  20
Musket Accuracy: 90
Ammo Damage: 100
Reduaction: 0

works splendid...

JDeNef13

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
Editing the weapon values is a real pain, so it isn't really a thing that takes a few seconds to edit.
(click to show/hide)
I'll certainly try it out!

More screenshots added to the OP!

JDeNef13

JDeNef13

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
First patch has been released, check it out fellows! :) What's new?
- Spanish Musketeer added.
- Added 1 sword.
- More damage from muskets/rifles/swords etc. by editing the module.ini . You'll have a harder time to survive, but so will your enemies! :wink:

JDeNef13