Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

blad2003 said:
Hey i know this thread is old but i am hoping that it is still active i have been having a few issues with this mod the mod is great but the actual faction relation diplomacy is awful i own my own faction and every other faction keeps declaring war against me eventually we will sign a peace treaty and as soon as the 20 days are up they declare war again its never ending the only way i to get more faction relation that i know of is to help them while they are in battle just so you know i am playing with many tweaks i have 99relation with all the kings and 99RTR also i have over 5000renown and over 100honor so my question is how can i increase faction relations so the other factions dont go to war with me i want peace in calradia and i dont want to have to kill every faction to achieve this also i would like to extend the 20 day treaties how can i edit this? i would like to make it more like 90days thanks you for reading any answers will most appreciated.

Well, basically the only way to achieve peace in this game, is to eliminate all other factions. But maybe your honor is negative, so other lords hate your guts and convince the kings to DoW you. Other then that i have no clue on what could be wrong.

As for chaning the amount of days a treaty would last, maybe this editing tool might help, but i don't use anything myself except for TweakMB and that only for 2 or 3 things at most.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/?topic=105928.0

Hi! :smile:

Is it possible to hire a chancellor or a constable without asking a wife? (feels odd to write the word wife like this lol)

My current game is 600ish days old (game time), and I only have a chamberlain. When I got the message to get a constable, I agreed but I fired him a few days (didn't think I'd need him really), but now my game progressed to the point where I have multiple castles, a town, and a few villages; so it would be helpful to have these NPCs.

Likewise, I had recruited the wife as a warrior/companion; but I lost a siege battle and lost most of my companion NPCs including her. I've recovered the NPCs, but the wife is in a town outside my faction, and only says "surrender or die", even though my relation with her is in the high 70s. I am not sure if I can re-recruit her again. :sad:

I believe I have the latest Diplomacy mod installed.
Thanks!

When I will send a gift to a lady not aparace her name appears in all I think it will be the least which is why my relção with her and super positive?

Is there a way to have both diplomacy mod and native expansion mod running in the same game? I think it would combine the best aspects of both :smile:

Egilheard said:
Is there a way to have both diplomacy mod and native expansion mod running in the same game? I think it would combine the best aspects of both :smile:

You can only run 1 mod at the time and as far as i know there is not a mod that combines just the 2 of them. There was some talk about it or making a new one featuring the things from both people liked the most. A mod like Floris gets close, but that one doesn't have the dark army invasion from NE.

Hello,

is there a .rar or a .zip version of diplomacy 4.3 to download? I play on a mac and for some reason when I run the .exe with the emulator it doesn't let me change the directory of the install and it doesn't end up on my hard drive.

What are the effects of the mercantilism slider? I get what the others do, but this one is very unclear.

"Mercantilistic policies maximize exports while minimizing imports, and increase government regulation of industry". What does that mean in-game?

Humbleboldt said:
Hello,

is there a .rar or a .zip version of diplomacy 4.3 to download? I play on a mac and for some reason when I run the .exe with the emulator it doesn't let me change the directory of the install and it doesn't end up on my hard drive.

You can extract an .exe the same way you extract a .rar or .zip, you only need to run the installer, if you are lazy. :wink:

I know this is going to be a strange question. But I was looking at the module files, just poking around for fun and I can't seem to find where the code is that actually spawns the three administrators you get in castles you own. So could anyone point me to just how this is achieved? Like say I wanted to add another NPC or ten to my castles how would I go about doing that? I tried looking through the tutorials and stuff but found nothing.

So I can open my troops inventory - but moving around items does not seem to do anything? Is it just an easy way to get good equipment for free?

PPQ_Purple said:
I know this is going to be a strange question. But I was looking at the module files, just poking around for fun and I can't seem to find where the code is that actually spawns the three administrators you get in castles you own. So could anyone point me to just how this is achieved? Like say I wanted to add another NPC or ten to my castles how would I go about doing that? I tried looking through the tutorials and stuff but found nothing.
Go into module_troops, look for the people you want to find (eg. their name), and use the search all feature in notepad++ so it finds all the refernces in the module system. You should be able to go from their :wink:
Use the ID of the troop so you find what your looking for.

I've got Diplomacy and I made my own kingdom. I appointed Artimenner as my minister. But then I read that I was suppused to be able to send gifts to lords and ladies, change policy etc, but there's no such option when I speak to minister (but I can send emissary, give vassal fief and such).
Did I corrupt my save by appointing companion as a minister or it's not the same thing as chancellor? Is it possible to somehow get chancellor back?  Please help.

ren0 said:
I've got Diplomacy and I made my own kingdom. I appointed Artimenner as my minister. But then I read that I was suppused to be able to send gifts to lords and ladies, change policy etc, but there's no such option when I speak to minister (but I can send emissary, give vassal fief and such).
Did I corrupt my save by appointing companion as a minister or it's not the same thing as chancellor? Is it possible to somehow get chancellor back?  Please help.

I don't think this is a bug.  I found that appointing companions to posts such as minister limit the options you have.  You're better off hiring a person recommended by your wife (if you have one).

Redleg said:
I don't think this is a bug.  I found that appointing companions to posts such as minister limit the options you have.  You're better off hiring a person recommended by your wife (if you have one).
Thx, I figured this out by this time. Hiring companions was alright, but chancellor is only given once you have a city (I had a castle). I thought I had him, but I didn't.

I've commanded my patrol to stationate in Bhulaban garrison, their go to this village and disapeared. My question is: will they help when village will be plundering? Or is it bug?

Ok guys i have some questions. I am a vassal in a kingdom and i got my chamberlin and the other dude. Now the questions are: How do i appoint my companion to be chamberlin or constable? Which brings me to second question. I have dismissed my chamberlin. How do i appoint new one? If it helps i did have companions in my army then but i didnt get option to appoint one of them, insted my chamberlin gave me money from tresury and just disappeared. Thanks in advance.

You made a mistake, you need to get married and then ask your wife to appoint a chamberlin. You shouldnt have dismiss chamberlin by yourself. Also why would you want to appoint companion to be chamberlin? You have one men (who couldnt die) less in battle.

i load up my game and there is no inventory for market places and pretty much any npc. really big problem please look into it .

also issue with certain npcs, such and chamberlains and the stuff you guys added not wearing clothes, including guild masters.
issue with npc that work at taverns not being there so you cant complete missions or talk to them.
other issue where you cant talk to the guild master about buying property

Back
Top Bottom