Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

If you already own land when you enter vassalage, you keep it although it will belong to your faction. You get to collect taxes from it and garrison and stay for free etc. but its color will be the color of your faction.

If u are a male when u become a new vassal with no land, the King will give you one lousy village to start with. Females get no fief when they just join up unless they already held some.

Can anyone tell me, with clear and detailed examples, as to how auto loot works? I don't see it doing anything but perhaps its because i don't know how to operate it.

what exactly are "ai strength" and "ai fights"?

does it affect the auto calculate result? or when you actually fight with your soldiers?
and does strength mean how "smart" they are? or how much damage they deal? or how much health they have?

edit:

@paradoxis:

when you have at least 5 inventory management take a look at your "camp" when you are on the world map.
the rest is very much self explaining :smile:.

Hello,

First, I really enjoy this mod and thank you for the hard work in creating it.

I am having a problem with one aspect of the diplomatic relations.  I have good relationships with a couple of the kingdoms (70+) and even the kings themselves (30-40).  Yet the only mission I can send my emissary on is a "non aggression treaty".  No matter how good the relationship, I don't seem to get an option to ask for a trade agreement, defensive pact, etc. 

Any clue what the problem might be?

Thanks

Paradoxis said:
They have to acknowledge you as a monarch when you use the emmisary to say hello to them as a fellow monarch.

Ah.  So I have to keep sending out that mission.  Okay. 

I appreciate the quick reply.

The easiest way to gain recognition is to have good relations with them, and be at war with their enemies. ( e.g. you are at war with swadia and send the mission to nord who is also at war with swadia )

Ok, now I've got a question about the whole item pool deal. I got my inventory management up to 5, put some stuff in the item pool (I presumed it meant the item pool you can access from the Chamberlain), backed out to the world map, hit camp followed by take an action or whatever, and.....well, I didn't see anything except recruit from prisoners, read a book, retire from adventuring, etc.

So, what am I missing? I feel a bit foolish because, well, it doesn't seem like it should be this hard lol. Granted, its a bit late right now but still.

Anyone able to give me a kick in the right direction?  :mrgreen:

Side-note: I'm a King right now....am I seriously unable to use it because I'm a King? Is this for vassals only?  :???:

I should have clarified that I was referring to the companion auto-loot from item pool feature. Hope that was already clear enough?

Anyway, that said, how does that work, if its through the chamberlain, whats the dialog choice? I know how to access the item pool of course, I'm just missing where I'm suppose to go to allow my companions to take what they want from it. Unless I'm misunderstanding the feature?

my chamberlain is wearing a dress now.

its the second dress he changed into.

why is he doing this ?

the other members of the staff still use the same outfit, only he changed

I wanted to ask this question here, but I think I already found the solution.

Changing the Player's Kingdom colour in Diplomacy

Because TweakMB doesn't work for some weird reason?

Open Factions.txt in your Diplomacy module directory.

Search for the line "0 fac_player_supporters_faction Player's_Supporters 0 16729139 "

The number "16729139" at the end of the line will be your Factions colour. This number is a Hexadecimal colour-code converted to a decimal number. So what you got to do, is find the colour you want in hexadecimal code. Most image-editing programs display Hex codes by default, but if you don't have one, check this website out:

http://www.2createawebsite.com/build/hex-colors.html

Once you picked a colour there, copy the Hex code at the bottom right and paste it into this converter:

http://www.easycalculation.com/hex-converter.php

For example, a dark blue Hex colour code: 0d3586
If I put it in the converter, it gives me this decimal code: 865670

I replace the pure red colour "16729139" in the Factions.txt with my dark blue colour "865670", then save the TXT and exit. Now when I start my own faction it will be blue. I read somewhere that if you already started your faction, you need to change your name (and back again) to make it pick the new colour.

I haven't tested this myself yet in Diplomacy, but it should work.

Captain_Octavius. It is possible with morgh's tools. Don't know if it works but you can change it so i suppose it works.

My question: what happens when you move your residence? I'm a king and owner of a city and since i married have a option to move my residence. But I don't know what will happen if i do so. I would be happy if someone could help me out.

boogie85 said:
Captain_Octavius. It is possible with morgh's tools. Don't know if it works but you can change it so i suppose it works.

My question: what happens when you move your residence? I'm a king and owner of a city and since i married have a option to move my residence. But I don't know what will happen if i do so. I would be happy if someone could help me out.

Your minister/wife will reside wherever your residence is. So that becomes your main court for taking care of business, hosting feasts, handing out fiefs if king, etc. Your constable/chancellor/chamberlain will still be in every hall, however.

boogie85 said:

I know that, I don't like downloading third party software for a single tweak I want to make though, so I posted how to do it manually.

Captain_Octavius said:
boogie85 said:

I know that, I don't like downloading third party software for a single tweak I want to make though, so I posted how to do it manually.

Lost you there. Morgh's tools is a program. You can edit the text files easily by selecting where the .txt come from and then click on factions.txt. There you have to change player supporters for your own faction colour and player faction for your own party. So i think it is simplier than search through the .txt file and search for the colour numbers. But everybody got his own opinion.

@Caba`drin, but my court is already at my town. And I don't own any other castle. Those are all for my lords.  I can already hold feasts and handing out fiefs etc. So i suppose it isn't necessary for me to change that.

Back
Top Bottom