Fawzia Mod Verifier - info and download link

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Vader

Duhpressed
Duke
Fawzia Mod Verifier

Download: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1986

A simple, powerful tool that checks your mod's meshes, textures, music and sound files, and your items. It reports missing and unused files by cross-checking the contents of your mod *.txts and *.brfs with the files in the Music, Sounds and Textures folders. It also reports problems with your items.

It works best in conjunction with the excellent OpenBRF:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1466

If you have a file missing, it may be because of a spelling error, either in the code on in the filename. If not, find it and add it to your mod, or remove references in the code.
If a file is reported unused, you can delete it (back it up first). Cut that download size!

It works both for Mount and Blade and Warband. Tested on many different mods, and, not surprisingly, all of them had some errors or unused files lying around. Even Native has some missing sounds and duplicate item IDs (Warband Native).

To install:
1. Unzip to some folder
2. Remove a previous FMV version, if you have one
3. Run setup.exe
4. Wait for the MS Net Client to download and install, if you don't have it already
5. Once installed, it will automatically start

You can find it later in Program Files->Mad Vader HQ. If you want to remove it, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs and find FawziaModVerifier.

Note: it's called Fawzia Mod Verifier, because it was made for Fawzia's use during POP 3 development.

Have fun,
MadVader

More info:
To use it, choose Mount and Blade or Warband, pick a mod from the dropdown list, then click one of the Check buttons.
You can also check "Show Native Errors" if you want to see any Native errors not caused by your mod.

Check Music: Cross-checks your music.txt with the files in the game's and your mod's Music folders. Reports missing and unused music files, and missing mtf_module_track flags.
Check Sounds: Cross-checks your sounds.txt with the files in the game's and your mod's Sounds folders. Reports missing and unused sound files.
Check Textures: Cross-checks textures registered in your BRFs with the mod's Textures folder. Reports missing and unused texture files.
Check Meshes: Cross-checks meshes used in many of your mod's .txt files (item_kinds1.txt, map_icons.txt, scene_props.txt, meshes.txt, particle_systems.txt, skins.txt, flora_kinds.txt), with the ones registered in your and game's BRFs. Reports missing and unused meshes. Also reports if any of the BRFs in your Resource folder are not loaded in your module.ini.
Check Items: Checks for duplicate item IDs, duplicate mesh use and duplicate item names. Also reports on the item limit in Mount and Blade.

Some screenshots:
FMV1.jpg

FMV2.jpg

FMV3.jpg

FMV4.jpg

FMV5.jpg

Wow! That's a great addition to OpenBrf's scan for errors! What the latter lacks is exactly filtering out unused stuff

Edit: should not it go to Unofficial Editing Tools ?

Does not run on my PC :cry:  Ms Net 4 Client is installed anew.

Error dump contents:
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 5.1.2600.196608 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.1
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///D:/Games/Mount&Blade_Utils/FawziaModVerifier/FawziaModVerifier.application
Application url : file:///D:/Games/Mount&Blade_Utils/FawziaModVerifier/Application%20Files/FawziaModVerifier_1_0_0_2/FawziaModVerifier.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : FawziaModVerifier.application, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1d4ade8ac1546b6e, processorArchitecture=x86
Application Identity : FawziaModVerifier.exe, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1d4ade8ac1546b6e, processorArchitecture=x86, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* An exception occurred while determining trust. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Value does not fall within the expected range.
* Activation of D:\Games\Mount&Blade_Utils\FawziaModVerifier\FawziaModVerifier.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [06.06.2010 18:10:40] : Activation of D:\Games\Mount&Blade_Utils\FawziaModVerifier\FawziaModVerifier.application has started.
* [06.06.2010 18:10:40] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [06.06.2010 18:10:40] : Installation of the application has started.
* [06.06.2010 18:10:40] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [06.06.2010 18:10:41] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [06.06.2010 18:10:41] System.ArgumentException
- Value does not fall within the expected range.
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAppId.EnumAppPath()
at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifests(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
at System.Deployment.Application.ActivationDescription.ToActivationContext()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
* [06.06.2010 18:10:41] System.ArgumentException
- Value does not fall within the expected range.
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAppId.EnumAppPath()
at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifests(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
at System.Deployment.Application.ActivationDescription.ToActivationContext()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Probably something to do with this:
  * An exception occurred while determining trust. Following failure messages were detected:

I'm not an expert, but may look it up if I have time.
It installed well on at least another PC.

Edit: Try uninstalling and reinstalling, maybe it helps.

Probably a Windows 7 user who hasn't set up security properly, or your application is asking for file access in a way that's setting off Defender.  Perhaps the user needs to change the security rights of the program.

xenoargh said:
Probably a Windows 7 user who hasn't set up security properly, or your application is asking for file access in a way that's setting off Defender.  Perhaps the user needs to change the security rights of the program.
No, the user is pretty experienced one, and does not use Win7 or restricted accounts when installing programs

Getting the same error, Windows 7 32-bit
Using the hidden administrator account, disabled UAC, and I already have full rights by default.

Sorry guys, can't figure it out. XP users should not have problems.

Googled the error message and the only real hit was a German guy who solved it by reinstalling, but I wouldn't count on that.

I don't have the time to explore this further, so if any Win7 user figures this out, please post the solution. (Possibly running in WinXP compatibility mode? Right-click the setup.exe and go to Properties->Compatibility)

For techies out there, I have the default run level in the manifest, should suffice:
        <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false" />

GetAssista said:
MadVader said:
XP users should not have problems.
Nope :sad: I'm XP user under Admin account
Anyway, it's not big deal, I guess my teammembers can get it run and cut out unnecessary stuff from the mod w/o me
Let me know how that works out.
It was meant primarily to diagnose custom music and sounds problems (those are particularly sneaky), but I guess finding unused stuff (textures mostly) is something everyone wants to do, especially before a release.

Couldn't begin to tell you why, but it works flawlessly on my computer, Windows 7 x32.

This a nice tool, hope to see more functions, such as have been listed.

Also, nice icon. I totally didn't misclick your application believing it was Fallout 2 with it's alternate icon.

When I click choose module name, it comes up with Native and TLD (the two modules that I have on my 0.808 installation), how can I point it to my Warband directory?

Back
Top Bottom