Author Topic: Suggestions.  (Read 10621 times)

Jolt

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
Re: Suggestions.
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2010, 11:01:28 AM »
It's meant to be a fun event, these rules go way beyond that.
- If he lives in country A he can play for country B after showing a valid legal document to prove that they have the nationality of country B (just having the right to obtain such a document is not enough).
That's just way too 'hardcore'

The rules I suggested are meant to close loopholes on things which have already affected the tournament to avoid it being a constant parade of controversies one after another, with accusations of the players on the staff themselves (As is apparently the case here, with even an admin (!!!) playing for two different teams. Obviously, the suggestions can be edited or not adopted as you see fit (Such as the part you quoted).

Being a fun event and having rules aren't mutually exclusive. Quite the contrary. By adopting rules and establishing sanction criteria for the non-fulfillment of the said rules, you create an environment of justice where everyone knows what they must respect to have a fun tournament. With equal rules for everybody, safeguarding certain unpredictable events, not only will players be less able to exploit the rules, but also so will the admins be unable to abuse of their priveledges in areas where there are loopholes in the rules, ensuring that everybody can have fun respecting them and there won't be (Or there will be less) contestation to the tournament staff.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 11:03:52 AM by Jolt »

COGlory

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
- If he lives in country A he can play for country B after showing a valid legal document to prove that they have the nationality of country B (just having the right to obtain such a document is not enough).
I concur. 

I think you're missing the point of "game" and "fun", Jolt. 

Jolt

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2010, 10:52:39 PM »
I concur. 

I think you're missing the point of "game" and "fun", Jolt.

I've played dozens of online tournaments of several different games with rules very similar to the ones I've proposed, and let me tell you, many of them were the most enjoyable online gaming moments I ever had.

Regardless, the suggestion is made, to use it or not is up to you guys.

Lord Willy

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2010, 10:52:12 PM »
Since Arch3er is going to Holiday , I think there should be an admin who should update all scores , and put the second  Matches schedule in the Right Thread (the match thread).

Cheers

Willy

SCGavin

• Nulli Secundus
    • Steam - scgavin
    • View Profile
    • Guard of Istiniar
  • MP nick: IG_Emperor_SCGavin
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2010, 11:47:44 PM »
Since Arch3er is going to Holiday , I think there should be an admin who should update all scores , and put the second  Matches schedule in the Right Thread (the match thread).

Cheers

Willy

Actually there are several:

I'm going on holiday for 3 weeks, beginning sunday, these that offered to help as referee's/admins/supervisors will get moderator powers on this board. There's no way to contact me anymore, instead PM either of them on the list. Admins are:
Guz-Lvsitania
SCGavin
Zoltanus
Kittenhuffer
Arcas Nebun

We just have to figure out what to update where. :P

Lord Willy

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2010, 10:55:13 PM »
Well  Maybe one of you can delete all the post except the First one obviously , copy and past the the second schedule that is on The News thread , and then update scores , Just to have a bit of order. And it  will be cool that on the same post you will Make The Actual Ranking of each team Like In the Speculation and Warmogering Thread and update it aswell .

Cheers

Willy

Zoltanus

• I am the valiant one
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: IG_Baron_Zoltanus
  • M&BWB
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2010, 03:31:45 AM »
Well  Maybe one of you can delete all the post except the First one obviously , copy and past the the second schedule that is on The News thread , and then update scores , Just to have a bit of order. And it  will be cool that on the same post you will Make The Actual Ranking of each team Like In the Speculation and Warmogering Thread and update it aswell .

Can I haz mah cookie nao?  :P
: Zoltanus

Lord Willy

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2010, 09:43:35 AM »
Can I haz mah cookie nao?  :P
Yeah , here it is  :P Good Job  :wink:.

Sarosu

• Sergeant
  • Stop right there, criminal scum !
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: Sarosu
  • WB
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2010, 07:48:48 PM »
For the North America team - EU team battles, wouldn't it be better to like.. have a server in asia somwhere? xD

I think it's a pain to fight a battle where one of the side always have a big disadvantage. Sooner or later it will be a battle of who is best at handling high ping, and not who's best at playing the game. If both teams had semi-high pings, wouldn't it be more even?

I don't know nothing about.. server.. placement.. and such. But it's just a suggestion.

Or maybe create different cups? like an EU and a America one, and.. asian.. maybe..
Obviously I'm the best player in the world.

Black_Corsair

• Knight
  • User is permanently bandit
    • Steam - blackcorsairrus
    • Twitter - BlackCorsairRS
    • YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
    • rsgames.ru
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: BlackCorsair
  • WBNW
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2010, 08:57:16 PM »
Or maybe create different cups? like an EU and a America one, and.. asian.. maybe
this exactly.

ping wars arent nice (
in-game: BlackCorsair   steam:blackcorsairrs
Runaway Scorpions prior (co-founder)
Captain of winner team of Nations Cup 2010
Captain of winner team of Nations' 5-a-Side Tournament 2011

Black_Corsair

• Knight
  • User is permanently bandit
    • Steam - blackcorsairrus
    • Twitter - BlackCorsairRS
    • YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
    • rsgames.ru
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: BlackCorsair
  • WBNW
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2010, 12:04:55 AM »
My suggestion is to start the matches of first circle not earlier then 1-7 september.
or to start  in august, but to give 6 weeks as a deadline.

Reasons:
1) August - is  the most suitable time to fly in south countries to swim in the sea and to drink beer. Many players will not be able to take part in matches.
2) the matches of third circle - the most important and like finals. will be bad to not see most of players on these matches.
3) to let  the teams to play all missing games.

Its just my imho, waiting for your votes, guys.
in-game: BlackCorsair   steam:blackcorsairrs
Runaway Scorpions prior (co-founder)
Captain of winner team of Nations Cup 2010
Captain of winner team of Nations' 5-a-Side Tournament 2011

Lord Willy

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2010, 12:06:17 AM »
My suggestion is to start the matches of first circle not earlier then 1-7 september.
or to start  in august, but to give 6 weeks as a deadline.

Reasons:
1) August - is  the most suitable time to fly in south countries to swim in the sea and to drink beer. Many players will not be able to take part in matches.
2) the matches of third circle - the most important and like finals. will be bad to not see most of players on these matches.
3) to let  the teams to play all missing games.

Its just my imho, waiting for your votes, guys.
Seconded.

Mr.X

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2010, 05:56:31 AM »
Well idk how old they NC guys are, but come september my gameplay time will be severly limited, and the same goes for others I assume.