North American Nations Cup Team

Users who are viewing this thread

On the US Server, Wheem was spiking to 500 throughout the entire match. I was personally freezing constantly on the server almost unable to play at all. Not to mention on the EU server my ping was frozen at 82 as well as Skots, from previous instances of hopping on EU servers my ping has always been over 120. The other players pings were also frozen at different pings though frozen at a much higher ping.

I see no advantage to any team ping wise. We have been playing on the EU server to get used to the pings, though you can never be used to kicks going through people without any effect except your death :razz:. However, this isn't something only we can do. Any EU player can hop on a US server and try and get used to the ping difference. Most of the servers are located on the East Coast, resulting in better ping for Euros. I personally get a much better ping on other US servers than the Nations Cup server, though I do not know where it is located. I also do recall a lot of frozen pings on the US server, though I haven't seen the screen-shots yet. Off the top of my head, Regendur who wasn't at the most recent scrim gets a constant 100+ Ping on our US server, with 200+ on EU. Not everyone is on the east coast :razz:.

It has been proven in the past that scrims between US and EU clans do not work. The tournament should have stayed Eurasian, with perhaps a separate tournament for those in different continents.

Lord Willy said:
@Ctrl
Yeah when they are all 0 or 64 are fake but last night  it was all shown correctly .And not really I've seen only 1 guy witha ping almost like our , other 2 had around 100  and other 4 had ping around 80 .
Look buddy, I've told you several times already, we had just as high pings on the EU server, the display is bugged.  I do not get 64 ping on Euro servers.  We had the same problems you guys had, its just part of playing across the Atlantic.  We endure this every match of the Nation's Cup.

Rhonen said:
Off the top of my head, Regendur who wasn't at the most recent scrim gets a constant 100+ Ping on our US server, with 200+ on EU.
QFT. :lol:

Sucks having my internet being forced to be routed to the state capital 300 miles away to my ISP, and then to the server.

Hello,

sadn here on behalf of Team Finland. Few days ago I talked to Orion about trying to get tonight's match started an hour earlier if possible since it's very late for us here in Finland. Originally the match was scheduled to start at 23:00 our time but I've asked everyone in Team Finland to come to TS as early as 21:30, just in case if we could start the match at 22:00 like I suggested to Orion to which he kinda agreed saying that "We could drop it back one hour, but that's it..". :smile:

Hopefully you guys could turn up an hour in advance like we will so that we could get the match started as early as possible.. Looking forward to the match!

Cya!

- sadn.

I've gotta apologize for my less-than-stellar playing that second match, team.  I'm out of practice and I was terrible.  There were so many close rounds, I feel like we could've turned that draw into a win if I'd had my act together.

Aye, good game. A shame I couldn't see the second map for swapping players, though. Too bad the lag played some nasty tricks, but I guess that can't be helped.

I lost one round too in that 1 vs. 1 encounter at the MoF flag in Village and underperformed in scores as usual.. Commanding really takes the focus out sometimes. :neutral:

Great game and by far one of the most hardest I've ever played. An absolute grind of a challenge, not only because of the ping difference but also because of the maps and factions.

When we fumbled those first 3 rounds to you on Ruined Fort, I was getting kinda worried. The Khergits are just odd to play in this tournament. I really don't care for them that much.

Regendur said:
I must say, you Finns sure like shooting pointy objects into our heads on horseback from across the map... :lol:

A popular national pastime.

Though not too many ever actually manage to make one fly all the way across the Atlantic :razz:

Regendur said:
I must say, you Finns sure like shooting pointy objects into our heads on horseback from across the map... :lol:
The headshot I got at ruined fort was so epic. I was at your spawn, behind the house, and I headshotted someone at the ruined house :lol:

Well played.

Ya, that was one of the more enjoyable matches.  Actually I find the tied matches the most fun (the other being against the Czech's).  I also felt that (although there were 1 or 2 instances where lag made a difference) as a whole this last match was not extraordinarily bad for me....I actually managed to do some manual blocking on the Euro server.  GG Finland, it was fun.

nice win guys! sorry i couldnt be there for the other half, but all went well.

Good games to the DNI team!

Back
Top Bottom