Defender_LS_Darin
FedoraMcQuaid
Gabeed
Hoboknight_COGlory
McBeverage
nK_Coldhart
nK_Freebird
Shieldings_SirJai

To our esteemed opponents: If I don't contact you first, please send me a PM so that we can set a date for our matches as far in advance as we can!

Those in bold are the "starting lineup," if they can't make it for a match we'll do an impromptu vote on the spot to determine who replaces them. If someone needs to leave, same deal. Ideally everyone would get a chance to play, but we've got a fairly large team and if you don't get to play know that you're on the team because someone thinks you're capable. There's enough glory in winning to go around.

Because of the geographical locations of the teams (i.e., bunch of  Euros) our match times will probably be between 2 and 4 PM EST. Early  afternoon, yes I know, woe are we, but I'll try to schedule them as late  as the European guys will allow us. If you realize you can't make it at  those times, please send me a PM so I can modify the roster!

I don't mind if we use my private Ventrilo (it's hosted in Chicago), but please don't pile in people who aren't on the team as it isn't huge:

bismuth.typefrag.com

If you want to play in a match, you better be in ventrilo at least 15 minutes before it starts!

You do not need a microphone to be on the team, but you do need Ventrilo. If you don't have Ventrilo, download it here: http://www.ventrilo.com/

To reiterate, you must be in Ventrilo 15 minutes before a match starts! This is so we can determine our starting line-up in case there are any absences, and so we can get ourselves organized before a match so there aren't any questions while we play. Don't expect to get subbed in if you show up halfway through the match! Don't feel left out because half of the starting lineup is nK: half of them said they might not be able to show up for all of our match times, so substitutions are bound to occur.

I expect every single one of you to be familiar with the Nations Cup rules. If you get our team disqualified because you're trickjumping, you're going to indirectly piss off Arch3r because I'll be spamming him on Xfire to see if we can get a rematch with you off the roster. This isn't about you or me or that one Hoboknight, this is about our national pride! The last thing we want is a bunch of silly Europeans ( :razz: ) calling us cheating rednecks!

The first factions & map setups will be announced June 1st. We'll also know who we're bracketed against, so we'll get into contact with them and schedule a match (we have a 2 week period in which to play it). We'll try to schedule it for the latter half of that 2 week period so we can have at least one practice beforehand. There's no use in practicing until the factions/maps are announced! I don't want to practice for Nords and Vaegirs and then be matched with Khergits and Swadians.  :lol:

Anyone removed from the roster for personal reasons will still have their name listed (though you shouldn't expect a shirt should we win). This is to show who among the Americans was willing to stand and fight for their country.

I am honored!

Reporting for duty!  Let's show these European wussies what rednecks are made off!

(Other then ductapte.  :smile:)

I know some of our starters won't be able to make it for every single match, but they're on the lineup because I've seen them play and to my knowledge they're our best. When they aren't there, we'll sub people in. Hopefully we can get the opportunity to let everyone play, but please try not to be too disappointed if you aren't given the opportunity. You're on the team because if there was an open slot you'd be able to fill it!

I'm fine with that.  The ones listing for starting deserve it the most, imo. 

Just one question, and yes, it has to do with Vent.  Does it have an overlay? 

Also!  Dibs on the first sub position!

EDIT:

This is gonna be sweet!

Halcyon said:
no! i said that if it was early afternoon i could definitely do it!

Too much nK makes people go wtf :sad:

[EDIT]

OK guys, I'm going to need this info ASAP. I've sent this message in a PM as well, so if you see it here first don't bother responding to the PM.

I need to know what days and times you'll be able to make it for matches. Expect the matches to run up to an hour, so allow for that in your response. I really, really need to know the days you're available, and if the time frame doesn't fall within 2 to 5 PM one way or the other then we'll have a problem.

I can make Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays for sure. Other days I can try to work with, but those three are positive.

I can make basically any day, barring any circumstances that may arise.  I will let you know if/when that happens.  But I don't have anything scheduled in advance basically all summer.

Good luck!  Are you having to fight every match on European servers?  If so, that is a major advantage to the European teams.  The best I ever ping over there seems to be in the low 100s.  It would be sporting if each team alternated picking the server for each of their matches.

Back
Top Bottom