Is Mythology the turth disguised as a Tale? or a Tale to disguise a Turth?

Users who are viewing this thread

ancalimon said:
For example I have already showed you that we can read Etruscan writings in Turkic perfectly. This: http://rugiland.narod.ru/index/0-1468  makes a lot of sense. You just have to fill in the blanks. So what happened to Turkic language? Hint: Trojans were massacred. Hint: Etruscans were Latinized. Hint: There are mysterious isolated agglutinative languages in Europe. Hint: Sumerian has Turkic loanwords.

So seriously. What language do you think did Europeans and  Eurasians spoke before Indo-Europeans arrived Europe? Elfish?
You don't get to pull your Etruscan/Trojan card again when you earlier claimed that up until between the 8th and 11th century everyone spoke Turkish as a second language.

Do the turkic peoples belong to the R1a haplogroup? This Klyosov article ancalimon linked to, says that he is known for his theories about the r1a origins of proto-indo european peoples and for presenting data against the "out of Africa"-theory, but he doesn't say anything about the turks.

He reminds me of Chekov from the original Star Trek series who thought everything useful or good was invented by Russians, because he was Russian.

Danik said:
Do the turkic peoples belong to the R1a haplogroup? This Klyosov article ancalimon linked to, says that he is known for his theories about the r1a origins of proto-indo european peoples and for presenting data against the "out of Africa"-theory, but he doesn't say anything about the turks.

It's both Turanian and Indo-European. Both of them were the same group of people living together most probably sharing the same agglutinative Proto-Language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_the_Turkish_people

Si-A-erra. said:
wait how the **** are brits closer to turks in that diagram than to french nd germans?
aMMI9.png

Si-A-erra. said:
wait how the **** are brits closer to turks in that diagram than to french nd germans?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangian_Guard

/ancalimon

Si-A-erra. said:

I'm not sure if that diagram means that..  But there were some claims linking the British to Trojans. If that were to be true, it would have made sense.

The claim by Iman Wilkens was that the city of Troy was in Britain and that the myth of the Trojan War was between Celtic peoples; not that the British moved to Anatolia and built Troy amongst the Greeks.

ancalimon said:
Bluehawk said:
The claim by Iman Wilkens was that the city of Troy was in Britain and that the myth of the Trojan War was between Celtic peoples; not that the British moved to Anatolia and built Troy amongst the Greeks.

That is not the claim I was talking about.
So say what claim you are talking about. Having a conversation means holding up your end of it, not posting cryptic bull****. It's not rocket science.

Mage246 said:
ancalimon said:
Bluehawk said:

That is not the claim I was talking about.
So say what claim you are talking about. Having a conversation means holding up your end of it, not posting cryptic bull****. It's not rocket science.

Sorry deleted that post while looking for the source.

http://ebooks.preslib.az/pdfbooks/enbooks/chingizgarasharli.pdf

See page 52 starting from the last paragraph of page 51.  (also, Brutus < Borat )

One thing to keep in mind is the kurgan ~ trojan descendant relationship.

In my opinion, Trojans were a people that was an amalgam of Ancient Greeks and Tur people. I think that the barbarians Herodotus talks about "that made the ancient Greeks powerful" were the Tur people.

They would have to be Tur people if they made the ancient Greeks powerful. Were the Philistines Turks too? Goliath must have been like the King Kong of Turks.

Couldn't find anywhere else to post this nonsense to. Have fun :wink:

Here are some Scythian words found in Assyrian sources and their Turkic and English translations.

Scythian - English - Turkish

anira - repair (v) - tamir  (tamir is an Arabic loan in Turkish)
daldu - fill (v) - doldur
gik - sky - gök
irchigi - increase (v) - choğal
kutta - add (v) - kat
val - road - yol
vita - opposite (adj) - ut(ru)
vurun - beat (v) - vurush

Here are Scythian words translated in Greek sources:

Scythian - Translation to English - Turkic - Turkic translation to English
oior (eor) - man - er - man
pata - kill - bat,patak - beat,kill
arim  - 1 (of 2) - arym (yarım) - half
spu - eye - spu,sepi - eye
enar(e) - castrated - enar - notched, i.e. gelded, emasculated
cannabis - hemp - kenevir - hemp
Api - pra-mother - api - mama
Arar - river - aryk - stream
Arax - river - aryk - stream
Asxi - fruit juice - akhsha - dish
Ata - father - ata - father
Il - country - il - country, civilization
Iyrk - nomad - iyrk (yörük) - nomad
Herros - (sacred) land - yer - earth, land
ippa - mare (horse) - yabu - horse
Daix - river - yayıq - gushing (river)
spako - dog - köpek (kobak) - dog
Kroukas - Snow Rockies - Kyraukas - Snow Rockies
krou - snow - kyrau (kar) - snow
kas - rock, cliff - kas - rocky mountain, cliff
Kaukas - White Rockies - Kaukas (Kafkas; Caucasia) - White Rockies
kau - white - kau - white

http://s155239215.onlinehome.us/turkic/30_Writing/IssykInscription/HasanovZ2015IssykInscriptionEn.htm

I couldn't find the Persian equivalent of these words. If anyone knows them I would be happy to see them.

Antonis said:
If those are indeed Scythian words, then thanks, because the help me quite substantially.

They are foreign renditions of Scythian words. Just like how Turkic word yoğurt exists in English as yoghurt or how the word republic exists in Azerbaijan Turkic as respublika.

For example the word Herros meaning sacred-land most probably did not exist in Scythian with the Greek "os" suffix but was incorparated into Greek probably because it became a popular word.

If you ignore Acalimon's bull****, this thread has/had potential, I really liked the converstaion that started from where I quoted, it's a shame his conversation with Archonsod got buried in Ancalimon's bull**** (he started claiming Buddha was a Turk and the Hindu gods where Turkish tribal lords or something like that). It's a shame because the idea that Myths can be rooted is actual events is really interesting and there are examples like the story of Ilium wich turned out was a ity that existed, or the search for the event that led to the great flood myths as seen in the story of Gilgamesj and the Noah tale etc...

Urlik said:
one thing needs clearing up

the difference between creation myths and heroic myths.

creation myths are an ananthropomorphism of natural phenomena.
this can be seen by the similarity betwen the Gods' personality in comparison to the climate and geography of the area that spawned them.

there are Gods for everything that happens and they couldn't come from anywhere else.

Thor and Odin could never have originated in Egypt or Greece but they look right in place in North West Europe.
the Gods are obviously a product of the culture that created and worshipped them.

on the other hand, Heroic myth quite often has a real event behind it.

from research of local parish records, in the Yorkshire and Nottingham areas, several candidates have turned up who could have been the inspiration for Robin Hood.
there is even a John Littel who was also an outlaw at the same time as 1 of these possible Robin Hoods.
at the time of this particular combination, the Sheriff of Nottingham was also Sheriff to parts of yorkshire, where our Robin and Little John live, and in the Yorkshire area he was known as The Sheriff of Nottingham.
it also happens that under Nottingham's Galleries of Justice, they found an oubliette. this is intersting because he Robin Hood of legend was rescued from an oublitte in one of the legends.
this doesn't mean that all the stories are true, but it does show that there is a good possibility of a factual basis behind those legends.

Seriously without all the Turk bull**** this could be a good thread

Temujin said:
If you ignore Acalimon's bull****...
...Seriously without all the Turk bull**** this could be a good thread

Dude, come one. Like we all don't ****post. Or you...
Should I mention a certain someone that goes to neighboring countries and (wants to) fight people there because he thinks they're people he dislikes on the Interwebz?

Back
Top Bottom