A bit of reference pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

I was over at the Armymuseum in Stockholm while on a visit last week and I took some pictures that could work as reference material for the mod, well at least as inspiration. However beware I took em with my Cellphone camera.

Outside of a tent in a field camp, during the Thirty Years War. It's kinda dark and I apologize but you can see how they're dressed, it's roughly around the 1630s.
5k3hqx.jpg

Wheel-lock pistol, the weapon of choice for the cavalry, and had been as such since the 1550s when the old European heavy knight left the scene of European warfare.
j0e0as.jpg

Cuirassier Armour.
1z4ho4m.jpg

The most beautiful weapon ever created. The Swedish/Dutch model matchlock musket. ca 1630s.
a0jgiq.jpg

First one is a Dutch model Matchlock musket, the second one is a French model Matchlock musket. Both dating ca 1620s.
wbuy3k.jpg

Pikeman armour.
1znr5dy.jpg

Light cavalry armour. This is how Swedish cavalry tend to look during the thirty years war, the more wealthier habsburgers had heavier cavalry (Cuirassiers). However by the end of the war Cuirassiers was kind of obsolete.
r07exd.jpg

Just for fun. A model of a Swedish noble from the 1600s.  :cool:
mlntw2.jpg

I'm sorry for the lack of fullsize coverage in some of the pictures. It's kinda dark in the museum so that the light wont bleach the old things, hence I had to take the picture much closer so that the camera light on my phone would do the trick.

The museum got loads upon loads more of these things but my phone memory ran out so I couldn't take that many pictures :grin:

I can remember there was a special 80 Years War exhibit in the Army Museum
in Delft. The pistols shown in some pictures were indeed the standard of cavalry
units since the 16th century. I also heard the bullets easily pierced trough armor
of the soldiers.

Smissen

Smissen said:
I can remember there was a special 80 Years War exhibit in the Army Museum
in Delft. The pistols shown in some pictures were indeed the standard of cavalry
units since the 16th century. I also heard the bullets easily pierced trough armor
of the soldiers.

Smissen

The cavalry pistol was a beast indeed - it could sometimes reach 70 cm in length.

Back
Top Bottom