OSP Other Animations Open source animations - bow animation test version

Users who are viewing this thread

Psiphoon

Sergeant
Some animations I've made over the past week or so, including the two handed "golf swing"-

Animation for a rack and pinion crossbow spanning device

And my musket reload. This one's a bit awkward- the reference I was using swapped hands with the musket (which looks like the usual way to do it- I've never touched a musket but I can easily see it would be pretty hard to ram the charge down if you kept your hand on the trigger the whole time). I'll have to implement a custom skeleton with two right arms and clone the right arm of every animation in order to properly use it (which also means making a whole new set of "stand" animations, since the native ones mysteriously refuse to export), but if you think you can use it as it is you're welcome to it.

Download link (smd format):

UPDATE: I remade the musket completely so it will work with the native skeleton

Demonstration video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the animations be available only for Warband? Or will there be a "Mount & Blade v1.011" version of these animations? Look pretty awesome!

JDeNef13

good work, i would like to have them and i'm looking for more, especially for realistic death animation

Okay, animations are here (in individual smd format):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FQ9NWBY0

Revan Shan said:
Really cool.

About those vids... Soldiers have new voices! Whaere are they from? The last warband version?

That's just a custom sound effects mod I built for fun, the sounds are from total war among other places. If you want to try it out I uploaded it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UZ8PA769

JDeNef13 said:
Will the animations be available only for Warband? Or will there be a "Mount & Blade v1.011" version of these animations? Look pretty awesome!

JDeNef13

You can import them to 1.011 as well, the file format is the same. This isn't a module, it's only the resource files used for building a module.

Kazzan said:
That crossbow reload was cool, gonna have to check it out, is it longer than the normal one btw?

yes, for in the in-game demonstration I think I put the duration up from 1.0 to 2.0 although it might still look alright at 1.5

Do you an example of code, because my animation starts, but does not continue to play. And I cannot figure a way out to let it play, or will that be featured when you release it in a module forum?

Jezze said:
Do you an example of code, because my animation starts, but does not continue to play. And I cannot figure a way out to let it play, or will that be featured when you release it in a module forum?

example in module_animations, modifying an existing entry:

Code:
["reload_crossbow", 0, amf_priority_reload|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
   [2.0, "rack_and_pinion", 0, 231, arf_blend_in_8|arf_make_custom_sound, pack2f(0.40, 0.94)],
 ],

2.0 = duration of animation (modified by weapon speed etc)

"rack_and_pinion" = name of the animation resource in the brf file

0, 231 = first frame, last frame

arf_blend_in_8| = not sure, but I think this is how many frames it uses to blend this animation with the last

The rest I don't touch, and if the resource is in your brf it should work. Are you sure the number of the last frame is the same as the last frame in openbrf?
Also remember if you're using the musket animation it will play, but the musket will be in the wrong hand until you re-rig the right arm of every musket-wielding model to the weaponless arm of my new skeleton which I'm currently in the process of making.

Nice work!..but..Do you have any new musket shot animation....to use after lefthand musket reloading? Is it?

I remade the musket reload completely from start to finish, it works normally now with no need to install any new skeletons

Demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3aRoMXZ5dU

Repository download link: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1918

CalenLoki said:
Nice work. If you ever decide to re-make animation for bows, PM me and I try to explain with details what is wrong with current ones.

I'm working on some animations for sengoku judai at the moment, but just say here how you think it should be improved and if I agree I will probably get around to it soon enough. My ultimate goal is to improve as many animations as I can, and improve my own skills as well in the process.

These are awesome, really like the new musket reload. I don't often make requests but I was wondering if I could here because you make some great animations. Is there any chance of a over-head lunge animation - fencing style?

I think i'd make rapier combat a bit more diverse and interesting.

Yoshiboy said:
These are awesome, really like the new musket reload. I don't often make requests but I was wondering if I could here because you make some great animations. Is there any chance of a over-head lunge animation - fencing style?

I think i'd make rapier combat a bit more diverse and interesting.

That's a good idea, but we already have two fully motion captured onehanded overhead attacks and I'd rather replace non-mocap animations first, because they're much more in need of improvement. In the meantime however, if you're looking for a rapier-like feel you could try these:

["ready_overswing_onehanded", acf_overswing|acf_enforce_rightside, amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_use_inertia|amf_keep|amf_client_owner_prediction|amf_rider_rot_overswing,
  [ready_durn, "parry_attack_overswing_onehanded", 4, 12, blend_in_ready],
________________________________________________________________________________

["ready_slashright_onehanded", acf_right_cut|acf_rot_vertical_sword|acf_anim_length(100), amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_use_inertia|amf_keep|amf_client_owner_prediction,
  [ready_durn, "parry_attack_slashright_onehanded", 8, 20, blend_in_ready],
________________________________________________________________________________

["ready_slashleft_onehanded", acf_left_cut|acf_rot_vertical_sword|acf_anim_length(100), amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_use_inertia|amf_keep|amf_client_owner_prediction,
  [ready_durn, "parry_attack_slashleft_onehanded", 13, 24, blend_in_ready],

...for the ready animations. The "parry_attacks" are already in the native game files; I think they're from a ditched feature, because I remember finding a "counterattack" key in the mappings screen back in the beta. There's one for the thrust as well, but I haven't tried that one in game yet because I didn't like the way he holds his sword. The others look very cool, almost like something you would see in a talhoffer illustration. They take a while to get used to, but I've actually been duelling with them in multiplayer and they haven't given me any disadvantage against 1handers.

Back
Top Bottom