[S] Zelig's Version of Wheel of Time Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been working on this mod for a good while. I have sent the updates to Zelig but he has not posted them. He is in school and doesn't have the time to work on it. So far I have added:

WOT map with fairly accurate town/village placement. Bridges need some work.
15 factions-- 1 for each political area with Seanchan in control of Falma, Aiel in the Three Fold Land.
Trollocs and Myrddrall bandits with graphics... had some face issues but they are ugly monsters so.. :grin:
Aiel with graphics made by Zelig.... They seem to bulky to me but oh well.... rest of added factions have basically native troop types with name changes.
Recruit troops from towns and castles as well as villages.
Added the proper kings and queens. Not sure how that will effect the whole family process at this time...
Had to add 300+ banners. Most are just native duplicates.

At this time, magic system is extremely powerful. Without knowing how Zelig is going to develop the magic or ever work on it again, there's not much more I can do besides add eye candy of which I'm not going to do unless Zelig is able to work on this more or someone else can help.

This being said. I'll try to fix or add anything people ask for outside that...

version 0.6 beta
-fixed start up mission issues. Tar Valon with instant start to map.
Version 0.7 beta
- Toned down the magic some.
- Named some of the villages that had none.
- Renamed some of the castles.
- Hopefully fixed a bug that will let factions attack each other... not sure its working yet.
- Fixed a few map issues.
- Aiel and trolloc graphics are not by Zelig.. not sure who but i found the same textures in other mods.

Yes this is for warband...  as for summoning minions?  no... it wasn't part of the wheel of time world...

Ragnarok...are you for real? Are you intentionally being this dense to troll?

The mod is based on Robert Jordan's epic fantasy series The Wheel of Time. Within the world of The Wheel of Time, there is a type of magic known as the One Power. Someone who can use this Power, a channeler, can do many amazing things, as are described throughout the series. However, there is no Forgotten Realms-style "summoning". That is not something the One Power does. It isn't part of the fictional world created by Jordan. Logically then, there is no "summoning" in a mod based on that fictional world.

Need you have anything else obvious spoon-fed to you...or are you done spamming the thread with uselessness?

Back on topic, I hope to see further work developing the mod. I'm glad to see that there are folk still tinkering with it and moving it slowly forward.

Caba`drin said:
Back on topic, I hope to see further work developing the mod. I'm glad to see that there are folk still tinkering with it and moving it slowly forward.

Im not sure what else I can do at this point so any idea's would be nice.  I have done a few things that have not been released...

Added friendly fire for magic.
Lowered the power of magic some.
Added ship battles...not sure why  but it was something to do...

I could use some testing help on NPC faction wars.... I have yet to see then attack each other..
I'll release what I have now.

I really like what you have done so far. How long do you reckon it will be before you change the units... i reckon i could give it a go, but id be using tweak MB so i dont really know whether or not it will "work" with other work have done. Pm me if you want me to change the units :smile:.

P.S. i cant model or do anything else really, i can change the units and thats about it sorry if it is no use :/.

And i could do an overhaul of the troop tree, if you want me to, I could make an entire new Aiel unit tree tonight :smile:.

Well i've finished the AIel troop tree now, it goes like this :

Aiel goatherder- Far Dareis Mai Scout- Far Dareis Mai Warrior- Far Dareis Mai Spear Sister- Wise one apprentice- Wise one

- Duadhe Mahdi'in- Cor Darei- Rahien Sorei- Hama N'dore- Sha'mad Conde- Shae'en M'taal

Maidens of the Spear (Far Dareis Mai)
Night Spears (Cor Darei)
Stone Dogs (Shae'en M'taal)
Thunder Walkers (Sha'mad Conde)
Water Seekers (Duadhe Mahdi'in) 
Night Spears (Cor Darei)
Dawn Runners (Rahien Sorei)

It doesn't really matter if you dont need it I just decided to do it :smile:.

I have also included Channelers into the game, it goes from tower recruit to aes sedai novice, aes sedai accepted, aes sedai aes sedai sitter.

to balance it i have raised their level, so that it is a very very high maitanance cost, so other than cheaters it should be balanced.

That all sounds great but its all cosmetic.... give me some attributes, weapons, etc  and I can add them in...

also Aiel wise ones do not fight...the only instance was the rebel group that did not follow Rand and look liberties with tradition...

I've done all the attributes, sorted all their weapons are sorted aswell. I think that rands wiseones would get involved in the wars, but i see what you mean, I have changed the whitecloak (amadacian) tree aswell. Every unit I have redone are now alot stronger (the aiel a brilliant with spears shields and good with bows, whilst not having a single mounted troop, the Amadacians are powerful knights good with swords and crossbows, lower levels are on foot whilst all higher levels are mounted). I think it made sense to make them stronger because it got to the point where i could romp through an entire kingdom in about 5 minutes :/. If you want me toi could do this with all the unit trees but only up to you :smile:.

Back
Top Bottom