[S] Zelig's Version of Wheel of Time Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

zelig

Recruit
Hi!

The main direction of mod's advancing is magic

in two words the mod has: magic system(not complete), tree of chaneller troops(not complete), native map, native factions each one has branches of chanellers.

it works with Warband 1.1xx
Now the mod is in alfa version state(it means that i'm working on features of mod ... roleplay will come in beta state)...
All module files is open source - everyone can use it on his/her own. All that i added to the mod you can find by searching "Zelig" the files(ye! i'm selfish :smile:). Of course if you do not mind - put credit on using my scripts

You can download it from M&B Repository:
Zelig's Wheel of Time mod (and python source files)version 0.6a

Zelig's Version of Wheel of Time Mod
module files of my version of Wheel of Time Mod (inspired by Feral's Shadow Rising Mod and amazing saga by Robert Jordan "The Wheel of Time")
I made an agreement with Feral that I will no use his module files for making my mod.
OP==One Power
-Based on module files of Magic Mod: Curtain of Fire and Native(warband) mod,
-inspired by Deathrun's exploding arrows item script

Change-log
in v0.6
-complete weaves tree(some of its dummy weave but tree is complete )
- script changed to using slots and now channelling tool is compatible for pc and for npc with recognition of each on of them
- randomness of decision of npc to channel weave
-battle travel - shooter go to there was impact - npc jump when enemy close
-shielding/defensive weave(not complete)

in v0.5
-all code has been transferred to 1.134 module files
-ashaman apprentice renamed to ashaman soldier
-some bugs in weaves have been cleaned
-in disguise, channelling tools have been added
-colours of weaves have been changed
-added making of channelling tools

until v0.4
-fire arrow (now blasting for a while)
-teleport(on battlefield) - don't use it onhorse
-heal - don't use it onhorse(i prefer now that you will be able to cure yourself until stopping field will be ready)
-conjuration of troops(not complete but still usable)
-conjuration of horse?(don't know if will need last one)
-ashaman troops tree
-using channelling connection as sword(power drawn sword)
-one channelling tool
-choosing weave to cast by pressing z for main player
-refilling sedai ammo
-another temporary models for ashamans and aes sedais

for far future:
-different visual effects for weaves
-fatigue of One Power
-channelling for party members(+making tools for their channelling)
-embracing of saidin/saidar (on/off)
-there will not be self healing - only slow regain of health in embracing
-embracing of saidin may bring to madness with time - so man roleplaying will be much more hard.
-map :cry:(prefer mean time to use native map - my map very(VERRRRRRRYYYYY) buggy)
-script for adding right sedai ammo before battle
-more suitable visual effects for weaves
-more suitable affection of weaves
-all women chanaller prisoners of Seanchan party will automatically increase number of sul'dams in party
-ability of PC to teach NPC followers for chanelling(making chanelling tools+sedai ammos) by camp manu
-new weaves(Aligning the Matrix,Finder,Gentling/Stilling,Skimming,One Power Round Wall,Balefire,Shielding from Source,Push,holding,Pure Power strike, earthquake, ) with mastery checks against mastery of defenders
-homing weaves
-may be if it wouldn't too complicating - composition of elements and weaves
-power of weaves based on mastery in chanelling
-complicating of ashaman tree(with ashamans connected to aes sedai)
-quest line
-power shields(that would used against one power)
-teleporting between cities(like in cheating mode)
-shine when using channeling to the Source
-madness(random effects that may be applied on everyone around pc\npc)
-questline on curing touching of Dark One on man half of the True Source
-learning teleportation as part of quest line
-learning weaves from viewing of using its from viewing how it used by npcs
-random using of weaves based on level of using OP with prefering more powerful ones
-Forsakens(with ability to conquer whole nations by catching kings of that faction)
-new skills(if it will work - knowledge of Fire, Air, Earth, Water, Spirit), that will extend effects of the weaves
-changing of chanelling level from using of chanelling
-will be a some point in questline that aes sedais of red ajah and ashamans of high level will conjure ashaman/aes sedai troop that is bonded to her/him
-foundation of ashaman's school+ exponential growth in numbers of it's students(you can get there ashamans from all ranks) if you get some chanellers from there - the number of them in the school will be decreased

links for me to try to use

mod FAQ
-for making channelling tools press M on global map
-for changing battle weave press z
-for changing peace weave press v

modmaking tips of my expirience
-when you move pos (position_set_y,x or z) y it's where you look, x aside and z up to it's pos. so to move in local coordinates you need first of all to rotate pos and then to move else you move in your local system of coordinates

You can try all of what already implemented in custom battle with Braganca
Because English is not my native language you will see much poor naming. If you would not mind - please write about my mistypes.
If you feel that I foget any weave that can be implemented in the mod, please write here in forum.
I will be glad if anyone who wants to help me with creating this mod will send private message to me(quest writers, coders and model makers are welcomed)(for now i do not want to disappoint anyone who want to help because i work on this mod very irregular(sorry Malendra))

for now the mod is suspended( it says that i still thinking on it, but it takes time to do something and if you already want something playable you have to play or Feral's great mod or Mat2Rivs as beautiful as the former one - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147665.0.html

updated on 13/5/11

Last edited by a moderator:
it's in so future plans that i didn't think of it... But for my point of view this weave(teleport) have to be learn on basis of knowlege of One Power... So cheating mode almost not fulfill my needs....

Thank you for your suggestion. I think this give me place where to search piece of code for global teleportation.

wow at this point player is like god, he can summon 500 troops with Marat. Also can summon horses too with the staff. Power drawn sword is invisible. Connection to source is a blast too haha.

Getting error when using Marat :-
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1671 :Invalid Party ID:-1 LINE NO. 6
At mission template mst_lead_charge trigger no. 0 consequences

Marat is like a fruit u throw it and it conjures 6 Ashaman on horse to fight for u. Pretty cool, if u buy from store costs about 30k. I tried updating to 0.4 earlier with the python update and get mesh error, I think the python files need new brf meshes files which the download do not include:sad:

Due to item_kind1.txt calling for 1) z_connection_to_source, 2) ashaman_clothes w/o a mesh file, hence my char has invisible body wearing Ashaman clothes and the wpn is also invisible.

Guys today I will be in the place with good upload and will put 0.4a ver. (mod files). next time if anyone wants to construct mod from sources - put in file module_info.py folder where present the mod of earlier versions.

marat is my wrong naming of a'dam(still not works as i wanted)

I notice that u have created new npc Moraine, I tried to recruit her, and her dialog says she join my party but she wasnt in my party when I left town.

Yes... Moraine for a while is testing NPC. Now I'm concentrating on chanelling system, only after that I will put all ideas in life, I will make NPCs, models and map(sic)...

Thanks.. I will edit this post with my impressions on this mod.

Edit: I don't get it.

The World Map has been changed, there is a option to become the Dragon Reborn when you choose your thing at the beginning, (With a few typos) but other then that I haven't seen anything else to suggest it is a WoT mod.

You have to read what i wrote in first post - its alfa version and i work on adding magic system for now... i will make map but in future releases(and not in the nearests).

Ok this sounds ambsolutly awsome. You actually seem to be focusing on the 'rp' side of it and I hope that doesn't get lost!

Now I'm concentrating on chanelling system, only

Pretty good plan. A native with the ability to learn magic is almost a standalone, and a good start point for a WoT mod.

THANK YOUUUUU!!! And PLEASE tell me that I can play as an Aiel!!!!! PLEEASSEEE! Or even a Shienaran. Seanchan would be cool to play too :grin: riding a torm into battle and wreaking havoc on the poor peasants of Toman Head. But seriously can I play an Aiel? Btw will it work with Warband 1.127? I really hope so lol cause I NEED this mod!

In later versions of course you'll be able to play for any nation that you"ll choose. There will be 2 options: or play for any side as man or woman chaneller, or to make Rand's way, clear saidin, and defeat Dark One. Now I learn about interpretators for making programmable magic...

After I will end my exams I will continue on mod and upgrading of mod to newer version of warband.

About seanchan - all women prisoners who can channel would be hired as domane :smile:

Back
Top Bottom