Age of False Innocence - old thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Dain Ironfoot said:
Just wondering why the long land pattern is so short :razz: Those things almost come up to a man's chin.
That's actually a good point. Upon further review, I think I may have accidentally mislabeled that. I think it's really a short land pattern. :oops:

I must say that during the 18th century every cavalry regiment in Europe with the notable exception of hussars and several Eastern European Cavalry forces used a straight saber which was left to become blunt to make up for the shock of an impact from such fearsome weapons; they were normally the length of a persons hand to the top of their head as shown in this picture.

Henschel2b.jpg

Ignore the fact that the picture above is based on Napoleonic Wars, there was only some change in the design of a blade since the turn of the 18th century but none of it was significant

I noticed some cuirassiers using curved sabers; not to mention such weapons are unreliable when slashing at short distances and to control effectively. From my estimates at looking at the picture with the cavalrymen holding those sabers; I suggest reducing its height by lets say 20-25%. I know this mod is anachronistic and not meant to be exactly in place with history but those sabers are just to awkward.

BobSels said:
I must say that during the 18th century every cavalry regiment in Europe with the notable exception of hussars and several Eastern European Cavalry forces used a straight saber which was left to become blunt to make up for the shock of an impact from such fearsome weapons; they were normally the length of a persons hand to the top of their head as shown in this picture.

Henschel2b.jpg

Ignore the fact that the picture above is based on Napoleonic Wars, there was only some change in the design of a blade since the turn of the 18th century but none of it was significant

I noticed some cuirassiers using curved sabers; not to mention such weapons are unreliable when slashing at short distances and to control effectively. From my estimates at looking at the picture with the cavalrymen holding those sabers; I suggest reducing its height by lets say 20-25%. I know this mod is anachronistic and not meant to be exactly in place with history but those sabers are just to awkward.
Thanks for the info. As for the length of that one sabre, that's been addressed multiple times in this thread. :wink:

I assume you've figured out your way around the module system?

If so, the multiplayer function is very easy to put together.

LittleJP said:
Are you going for a more ranged or melee gunpowder mod?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I guess guns will be the main focus, since that's how it was in this time period.

Austupaio said:
I assume you've figured out your way around the module system?

If so, the multiplayer function is very easy to put together.
Yeah, I've already edited some of the multiplayer items and troops. Like I said, there's a very good chance that it'll be both multiplayer and singleplayer.

Wow, three days, three pages. I wish you all the best and hopefully we'll see this gunpowder mod succeed :smile:

Shredzorz said:
LittleJP said:
Are you going for a more ranged or melee gunpowder mod?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I guess guns will be the main focus, since that's how it was in this time period.

I think he was referring to whether guns will overpower melee (swords, axes etc...) weaponry. This has been a problem with gunpowder mods in the past because the AI simply don't use the guns and start using swords. They need to set up a firing formation, or at least intelligently use the guns, not disregard them.

If I remember correctly, melée still played a huge part in warfare at the time, most strategies involved marching torwards one another to unleash a volley at the last possible movement, ten charging.

I would love to test this mod for you, if you need someone to do so. I've got a gunpowder fetish when it comes to mount and blade :smile:.

Very nice Mod. I like the idea , one thing I noticed .. Sabres are too huge. Sabres were medium , thin one hand weapons.

Lord_killzor said:
Very nice Mod. I like the idea , one thing I noticed .. Sabres are too huge. Sabres were medium , thin one hand weapons.
As I've said two or three times before, it was just that one sabre that I accidentally made incredibly massive, and I've already completely replaced the model. Anyway, I finally took that picture out of the first post so no one will be confused over that anymore.

Shredzorz said:
Lord_killzor said:
As I've said two or three times before, it was just that one sabre that I accidentally made incredibly massive, and I've already completely replaced the model. Anyway, I finally took that picture out of the first post so no one will be confused over that anymore.
Hey, just fyi, one of your sabres is too long. :mrgreen:

Hello again, everyone. I've decided to ditch the idea of the time period being vague, so now it's firmly rooted in the Seven Years' War. Because of this, I'll have to rethink most of the uniforms and troops.

Here are some of the new uniforms.

4569209270_13256bd9cf_b.jpg

4569209680_8bfdcc3f50_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom