[S] Warband: 15th Century (Released) [Dead for the time being]

Users who are viewing this thread

Ever since I read about the Knights Hospitaller and their fight against the Ottoman empire (Which was about 2 weeks ago  :grin: ) I have wanted to play a Mount & Blade mod taking place around that age, and I think that this is the closest M&B Warband-mod to that time in history. So as soon as I get my new computer (this week) I will definatly start trying this mod out.

I have a small question though- You are able to form your own kingdom, but are you also able to name it?

Any updates?

Just to make it a little more interesting I would suggest adding some period music to the mod (somewhat easy to find, for example, search "15th century" on iTunes. Finding music you could actually use is probably a different story...)

Also it wouldn't take too long to rename some of the companions after various period people like Schott Von Hellingen, but I guess that's just a matter of preference. (I've renamed/redone all of my diplomacy companions in this manner)

SulleDrake said:
I have a small question though- You are able to form your own kingdom, but are you also able to name it?

Yes. You can do that in Native, pretty much every Warband Mod.

Lord Ferdinand said:
Hi, it is intersting for me 'cause I love plate armours!
Can I see more screenshots please? :smile:
Please do not necro. Look at the date of the latest post before posting yourself.

Sorry for just dropping off without a post, but a lot of factors (among others constant updating of Warband and starting in 2 year of gymnasium) meant I stopped working on this and playing Warband. I'm seriously considering getting a second (and probably last) version out during the holidays. Partly because I'm less unsure on how the unit trees will look like and I've got new ideas for how the mod.

No suggestions about changing the Sarranids to be based on the Ottomans.
Take an osprey book. :smile:

Without modellers I would use the sarranid forces as they are but their army size should be doubled but most of them cheap azabs and akinjis.
There should be a lot of akinji. Some cheap one handed sabres, maces and axes if you have proper models. Small shields and nomad bow but not for all. Only clothes/kaftans. Maybe some cheap helmets. They might be improved to Sipahis. There might be a lower level Sipahi type unit.
There should be some azabs the same but without horse.
Sipahis: average-cool armor, khergit bows. There might be Sipahi lancers like khergit ones.
Janissaries: there might be a halberdier type with mails and an archer infantry with khergit bows. They should be very tough. Maybe azabs should be improved to janissaries but without intermediate levels.
Mameluks are OK for heavy cavalry. They were rare.

And remember to use barbuta helmets (see my avatar). Make a steel looking texture for it. Especially for the Italian Rhodoks.

molashkre said:
Herr_Lindstrom said:
Did someone say Ottomans? Werent the Jannissaries in action by this time period?
yes,they were
zwischenablage04wh5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom