Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Neutral Evil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chaotic Evil

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Lawful good... /Sarcasm

On a more serious note how would you classify Griffith? Chaotic evil? Or maybe neutral evil?

Very much lawful evil.  He does what seems right and justified in his own eyes.  Summed up by making the decision that all the band of the hawk's lives belonged to him and he could send them to their deaths at will.

Berserker Pride said:
Very much lawful evil.  He does what seems right and justified in his own eyes.  Summed up by making the decision that all the band of the hawk's lives belonged to him and he could send them to their deaths at will.

Is it still considered lawful to kill someone when the person doing the killing thinks it's alright in his eyes? No. Lawful is decided by what the society deems as correct or back in medieval times the king :smile: But I might be looking at this too black and white.

That's why I don't see Griffith as lawful I'd say he's more neutral evil because nothing else matters to him but his dream.

Good/neutral/evil is moral
Lawful/neutral/chaotic is societies outlook

On this perspective, I'd say gutts is Chaotic/Good, he helps people when he can, doesn't follow silly rules, and only hurts people that get in his way.

Chaotic Neutral.

I don't think he's that good. I think he does what seems to be a good idea (neutral) but takes it to another level (chaotic). It's not like he's upholding the ideals of good.

That said, I don't think he's that evil either.

bloodymerc said:
Chaotic Neutral.

I don't think he's that good. I think he does what seems to be a good idea (neutral) but takes it to another level (chaotic). It's not like he's upholding the ideals of good.

That said, I don't think he's that evil either.
Good doesn't have ideals, it's just about helping those who need help, which he always seems to do. Plus, his entire cause is selfless, rescuing the girl he loves and killing the man who killed all his friends.

Evilknightz said:
Danny-Q said:
Honestly I've never been fond of the D&D Alignment Scale.
It makes sense though, How you act, and your intentions, that is all you need to know about someone.

And yet it is shallow, as it only considers the outlook on entire groups (society) and does not consider behaviour based on emotions (help towards friends, emotional bonds, etc.). In fact a person could be perfectly chaotic evil and still care for a few friends and loved ones - but completely disregard the entire rest of humanity and do nothing then to bring chaos, death and destruction.

In real life, the scale obiously cannot be applied. Behaviour in RL is situational, emotional and directed, not general and core-driven. Principles exist, but they can be ever changing and subjected to entire turns.
The scale does not consider this, in fact it is based on the expectation that humans morally, emotional and social remain at a standstill.
And intentions change every day.

Considering that Berserk is fiction, I would judge Gutts to be chaotic neutral.
- Gutts does not value human life, and while he is not free from consciousness, he has commited things like assassinations (going as far as to kill a boy, because he became a witness)
- He only feels alive in battle and is deeply emotionally disturbed due to the experience with his father, his own rape, and the betrayel of griffith and its consequences
- He consideres killing his opponent the best way to solve a situation - he does nothing as outragously stupid as trying to negotiate with his enemies
- He is a killer and takes pleasure from it
- He almost/mostly raped Casca
- But he has a number of people he cares for and he protects
- He is not interested in the destruction of society, mankind and similar things - but also has no regard for it and disliked the class society

kuraiken said:
Evilknightz said:
Danny-Q said:
Honestly I've never been fond of the D&D Alignment Scale.
It makes sense though, How you act, and your intentions, that is all you need to know about someone.

And yet it is shallow, as it only considers the outlook on entire groups (society) and does not consider behaviour based on emotions (help towards friends, emotional bonds, etc.). In fact a person could be perfectly chaotic evil and still care for a few friends and loved ones - but completely disregard the entire rest of humanity and do nothing then to bring chaos, death and destruction.

In real life, the scale obiously cannot be applied. Behaviour in RL is situational, emotional and directed, not general and core-driven. Principles exist, but they can be ever changing and subjected to entire turns.
The scale does not consider this, in fact it is based on the expectation that humans morally, emotional and social remain at a standstill.
And intentions change every day.

Considering that Berserk is fiction, I would judge Gutts to be chaotic neutral.
- Gutts does not value human life, and while he is not free from consciousness, he has commited things like assassinations (going as far as to kill a boy, because he became a witness)
- He only feels alive in battle and is deeply emotionally disturbed due to the experience with his father, his own rape, and the betrayel of griffith and its consequences
- He consideres killing his opponent the best way to solve a situation - he does nothing as outragously stupid as trying to negotiate with his enemies
- He is a killer and takes pleasure from it
- He almost/mostly raped Casca
- But he has a number of people he cares for and he protects
- He is not interested in the destruction of society, mankind and similar things - but also has no regard for it and disliked the class society

Well than, what scale would you use?

Back
Top Bottom