FileSize : ~620 Mb unpacked, ~350 Mb download size
M&B version : Warband 1.134

Downloads:

Fix for the Tulga Tavern Crash
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,129716.msg3139490.html#msg3139490

Additional Modifications / Community Creations:

MrEx&Robis Add-on http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QKGH10TM
1. Download the add-on.
2. Extract to your Scaedumar root folder.

Everything should work now, if not check number 3

3. Find your module.ini and add these three lines. If you don't, some armor will be invisible, so it'll be pretty easy to see if you mess this up.

load_mod_resource = pino_peasant_armors
load_mod_resource = pino_rough_armors
load_mod_resource = pino_banded_armors

Where you put them doesn't matter a ton, but I put them under the last block of resource files. In the future there could be more armor/weapon
packs added, so make sure you update your module.ini file if you add anything to the resource folder.

More Info about this : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,109601.msg4590314.html#msg4590314
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,109601.msg4599520.html#msg4599520

Cause of my limited time (and work on other projects) i decided to make the code OpenSource, so everone who wants to try his hands on this (or just want to see how i integrated/modified some of the kits) here you go:
The code is slightly commented, remember if you use certain code-pieces from here to give credit to the respective creators.

"Scaedumar" means something like shadow - tales. Its a made-up word based on old scandinavien language

The goal of this mod is to polish native game-play.
It provides graphical and game-play changes for both early game play and mid to end game play, combining a huge range of Open Source Kits from the Taleworlds Forum and refined / self-developed scripts.
You will have the freedom to choose from a wide range of tactical options for battles and strategic planning, managing your kingdom and interacting with NPCs.

Video: http://www.moddb.com/mods/scaedumar/videos

Screens:
scaedumarscreen1.jpg

A top-down view showing the figure 8 layout of the town

scaedumarscreen2.jpg

A shot above the roofs

scaedumarscreen6.jpg
Praven at night, showing new Normal-Maps on Buildings (best visible on the left tavern wall) and wielding torch with emitting light and fire-particles
scaedumarscreen3.jpg
scaedumarscreen4.jpg

A lovely autumn picture =) what you cant see is that these trees have fallen leafs, i love the atmosphere there

scaedumarscreen5.jpg

Close-Up from the farm

New Screenshots from the beta version
scaedumar001.jpg

Vaegir Armour, better normal maps and ambient occlusion on models
scaedumar003.jpg

Features:
  • simple install through NSIS installer system
  • Polished Landscape with LODs
  • Polished Buildings (new Normal-Maps, using Warband Shaders now, LODs and less demanding shader for lod3+4)
  • New Horses, Armours (all from Kits from the forum)
  • DiplomacyMod
  • Prebattle Deployment & Order, Weapon Type Switch, Order Skirmish
  • Camp Entrenchment
  • Unique Battlescenes and Bridge-Battles
  • Polished Reports (Companions Overview and JRiders Presentations)
  • Viewable Troop Tree (under Reports)
  • Fog of War (you can choose at the start of a new game if you want that feature or not)
  • Deployable Pavise
  • Borderless Player-UI
  • Ambient SoundTrack
  • Deco Stuff like Turning Windmills, Sailing Ships
  • Reworked Weapon Proficiency Loss
  • Reworked Wound Recovery System
  • equipable, light-emitting, fire torch.
  • Factionized Merchant Inventory
  • Random Events (you can toggle that feature and also choose the style of presentation, either via message or dialog-box)
  • Exhaustion System for Map-Speed (this will forces the player to camp/rest in town regularly)
  • Unique Horses for each Faction (based on Heavenly Horses Mod)
  • Camels, Horses react to Camels
  • Sea Trade
  • Sea Battles
  • Foraging
The mod comes with a Manual located in the mod directory once installed (Scaedumar Documentation.pdf), you will find a more detailed list and more indepth informations about the features in there.

• Diplomacy Mod … Wahiti
• Polished Buildings / Landscapes … Gutekfiutek, LODs by Abhuva
• Companions Overview … JedediahQ
• Camp Entrenchment … Tempered
• Ambient Sound Track … Adorno
• More Horses, More Warhorses … Wanderer949
• LongBardedHorses, Cataphract Horses … Wanderer949
• Normalize Weapon Proficiency … Garnier, Abhuva
• PreBattle Order, Deployment … Caba´Drin
• Order Skirmish, Weapon Type … Caba´Drin
• Turning Windmill, Sailing Ships … Abhuva
• Wound Recovery Scheme … Chel, Abhuva
• Fog of War … CdVader
• Spouse Talk … Ashmond
• Deployable Pavise … Cartread
• Narfs Armour Pack … Narf
• Borderless HP Bar, Critical Shield … Abhuva
• Unique Battle Scenes … Abhuva
• Bridge Battles … Arch3r, Abhuva
• Jriders Presentations … Jrider
• Viewable Troop Tree … Rubik
• Random Events … Lynx, Abhuva
• Face Textures … Aquil
• Exhaustion for MapTravelSpeed … Abhuva
• Sea Trade ... Duh
• Sea Battle ... Ruthven
Pictures for Loading Screens
• Salomon van Ruysdael, Riverview with a ferry, Minneapolis Institute of Arts, 1656
• Salomon van Ruysdael, Farmbuildings in a landscape, Fitzwilliam Museum, 1628
• Salomon van Ruysdael, Riverview , 1645, collection Kaufman
• Paulus Potter, Stable with figures, Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1647
Used during Development
• Quick Scene Chooser … JabdiMelborn
• QuickStart … Kovas
• OpenBRF … mtarini
• Warband Mod Installer … Janus

You can also visit my site at :
http://www.moddb.com/mods/scaedumar
http://www.indiedb.com/mods/scaedumar
http://www.desura.com/mods/scaedumar

Thx all for the feedback and suggestions =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice.
The link to "Face Texture ... Aquil" leads to Ambient Soundtrack, but thanks for the PR  :smile:
You should at least spell Tempered's name right  :smile:

But enough with the nagging. It looks really interesting.

"Scaedumar" means something like shadow - tales. Its a made-up word based on old scandinavien language linguistically, very interesting. :grin: Considering "skaad" is Frisian for shade/shadow and "mearke" is a fairytale.

Mod itself sounds interesting too. :wink:

Adorno said:
Nice.
The link to "Face Texture ... Aquil" leads to Ambient Soundtrack, but thanks for the PR  :smile:
You should at least spell Tempered's name right  :smile:

But enough with the nagging. It looks really interesting.

Thx, its corrected now =) Guess i was way too tired yesterday. Also noticed there are some things missing in the initial release (the modified HUD isnt there, also some changed scenes are missing) - guess i was a bit rushing with it, but atleast it was a good decision to finally upload it cause now i feel pushed to work even harder on it =P

I think i will upload a patch in the next days with the missing things, and a more detailed Manual - so people dont have to download the whole huge file again (it was actually a pain to upload - was taking hours and it was already so late :wink:)

FrisianDude said:
"Scaedumar" means something like shadow - tales. Its a made-up word based on old scandinavien language linguistically, very interesting. :grin: Considering "skaad" is Frisian for shade/shadow and "mearke" is a fairytale.
Actually "mar" reminds me on several things, "tale / story" but also "sea/ocean" - so either tales from the shadow, or  "shadow-sea" and also "nightmare". Its actually the name from a mediaval/traditional music group consisting of some friends and myself.

Correct. "Mar" is Frisian for lake, and "meer" is Dutch for the same. And German for sea. :lol: I didn't mention it because that seemed less relevant.

New patch available (patches from version 0.1 to version 0.11).
The patch notes aswell as the link can be found on the first post.
I have also updated the Manual. It informs now about nearly all main-game feature more in-depth, aswell as informing about some bug-issues.

Hope you enjoy it =)

FrisianDude said:
Correct. "Mar" is Frisian for lake, and "meer" is Dutch for the same. And German for sea. :lol: I didn't mention it because that seemed less relevant.
"Mar" is Portuguese for sea.  :lol:

Glad you decided to share your mod with every one, Abhuva.  Congratulations on your first release and patch. Downloading now  :grin:

Just noticed in the credits, you should add Adorno for any Ranger Company scenes you are using. He really polished them up nice for me.

ragni said:
screenshots?
Give me some time =) My first goal was it to upload a stable first release. I will try to make some good screenshots during the next days.

@Tempered: You are totally right, still struggling to get all things sorted. Its way more complicated now than before cause i have to be really careful to dont forget anyone in the credits and have all data sorted real good to have the ability to make good and stable patches without forcing the people to constantly redownload that much data again. But i am learning really much how to better organize such things and i really love that.
Also my greatest thanks for your support, i guess without it, i had not done the step to release it  :lol:

Just had the time to actually play a bit instead of mostly editing stuff and realized that the gameplay is more complex now than i thought. For all who may have trouble recruiting villagers:
Its now way more based on your relations to them - together with the daily chance of normalization (meaning a positiv relation will go towards zero, a negative also -  the chance is set to 10% atm) you have to make a good use of the ability from Rangers to spy in villages and build up relation during it (the spy spread some goods story's about you while he is there). You cant rely on doing some quests, your good relation will decrease over time so use your spy's =)
I will try to have some time testing this a bit more and balance things out (that also can mean that i will increase the chance of the normalization  :twisted:) -
Also i realized there are many features that i didn't really described in the manual, i will try to update this also in the next weeks.

Edit: found the bug which causes Ramun the slave trader to act strange, will include that in the next patch. Till then it may happen that he pays you ridiculous amount of ransom (and even negativ ones) ... sorry for that, just ignore it until the next patch is ready

Played a little bit last night and it does seem a bit difficult to recruit villagers.  I think that maybe giving the player party one or two rangers right at the start, or some other troop type, would help balance out the start game.

Overall, I really like what you've done.  I think that you need to make a new world map, though.  Everyone knows by now where all the cities and settlements are on the old map, so hiding them at game start doesn't really do much good. I do like the idea of hiding the cities and having to discover them.

Tempered said:
Played a little bit last night and it does seem a bit difficult to recruit villagers.  I think that maybe giving the player party one or two rangers right at the start, or some other troop type, would help balance out the start game.

Overall, I really like what you've done.  I think that you need to make a new world map, though.  Everyone knows by now where all the cities and settlements are on the old map, so hiding them at game start doesn't really do much good. I do like the idea of hiding the cities and having to discover them.

Noticed the thing with the start too =) it was possible but a bit difficult, i agree on that. The thing with the map is also true, i was thinking over redoing the map totally but hadnt the time for that till now, maybe i give it a try. Its still so much work (mostly on the scenes, there are so many =P ). i also want to improve on the hiding thing, atm every location shows up once you are near, i hope for future releases to have things like places which only appear once u got some hint where they are (and you still have to search them then).

Hello.

Sorry for my terrible english, but im hungaryan :eek:

I don't unterstand how why decreased of the relation with my king if im help for him in the battle, when alredy have warring situation with the enemy?! :xf-mad:

I hope so clear my question, and please give me answer.

@Pearson de Saap: I guess you stumbled across the daily honor/relation normalization. Basicly i intended to make the gameplay a bit more dynamic, so that high relations tend to go down over time. At the moment the script is set to normalize relations with every lord/town/village everyday with a 10% chance. So over time you could say that every 10 days your relation points go down for 1 point. For villages/towns i think its needed to balance out the immense relations gain through spy´s (seeing that a spy give + 1 relation every day). If you think that its too hard for lords then tell me so, its supposed to be harder than native, but it shouldnt kill the fun/playability. The numbers arent balanced out totally (i was my only tester for a long time and till now i dont have too much feedback =P ).
I can imagine that the original 10% chance per day relation-loss for the lords is to heavy, so i can turn it down to maybe 2-5% in the next patch.
Thx for the feedback tough, i hope i can pull out the next patch in the next week (including new map, wound system and some new horses)

Edit: Btw, the normalization works in both ways, so when you have negative relations to a lord (or town etc.) there is also a chance everyday that the relation will rise. All in all, relations tend to go toward zero in the long term and you have to be very active to have really high relations with more than only a few people.

Abhuva said:
Tempered said:

Noticed the thing with the start too =) it was possible but a bit difficult, i agree on that. The thing with the map is also true, i was thinking over redoing the map totally but hadnt the time for that till now, maybe i give it a try. Its still so much work (mostly on the scenes, there are so many =P ). i also want to improve on the hiding thing, atm every location shows up once you are near, i hope for future releases to have things like places which only appear once u got some hint where they are (and you still have to search them then).

You could just spawn the place when the right conditions are met.  You can't find something if it isn't there  :mrgreen:

Thanks for the answer, and  help...by the way, i'm more than 1 years ago played with M&B, but this mod far more interesting than anything else before seen earlier. Seriously outstanding :idea:  I'm waiting the next patch...

Apologise again my "english" but i'm still hungaryan :cool:

Back
Top Bottom