SP Native Minimod: Companion Export & Banner Edit (respec companions) updated 4/24

Users who are viewing this thread

bigtoebubby said:
Do you really need to edit quick_strings.txt and scripts.txt for this? or are those two files changed for the banner repicker?

To answer this, I'm not really sure why but my built quick_strings.txt and scripts.txt files fix the only bugs I encountered when using this edit. I'm still pretty noob myself this is my first mod  :lol:

Knil said:
bigtoebubby said:
Do you really need to edit quick_strings.txt and scripts.txt for this? or are those two files changed for the banner repicker?

To answer this, I'm not really sure why but my built quick_strings.txt and scripts.txt files fix the only bugs I encountered when using this edit. I'm still pretty noob myself this is my first mod  :lol:

ok, in that case, my txt changes still have yoru bugs, you wont be able to enter towns.

Yeah, works while you're in the field but as soon as you try entering a town you get the siege screen, and you can't get out of it. It's good enough for me though, I can respec, import, save and then restore the vanilla menus.txt.

Ya you guys are going need a proper update from me to work 100%, I just tried the text edit.

I have it working correctly with my update and right now I'm isolating which text files you actually need so you don't have to override all of them.

Ok done and edited OP

http://www.filefront.com/16195903/Companion-Export--Flag-Edit-1.112.zip/

It requires a couple more txt files to override please don't forget to back everything up.

that's a lot of new files. I was just peeking through comparisons of yours and native and these seem fine as they are:

• actions.txt: cant imagine the bugs affecting the physics of battle, files identical
  • conversations.txt: dialogues seem to be frameshifted +5, native has new text as of 1.112
  • dialog_states.txt: like conversations, this only adds things about ladies rejecting your wedding proposal, seems like general 1.112 things
  • factions.txt: differs from mine because i adjusted my faction colors, otherwise no change
  • game_variables.txt: no change
  • info_pages.txt: no change
  • itemkinds1.txt: red tunic appropriately named green tunic as it should be hahaha and a few heraldic item adjustments. but no bug fixes required here
  • quick_strings.txt: native file seems more up to date

scripts.txt has a whole bunch of numerical changes across the board. lots of frameshifts -1 from native to yours. it's hard to say what the major bugfixes are, but they are most likely in this file. most significant line is the siege belfry--this may be the AI changes for siege ladders or something

menus.txt is needed obviously :smile:

bigtoebubby said:
that's a lot of new files. I was just peeking through comparisons of yours and native and these seem fine as they are:

• actions.txt: cant imagine the bugs affecting the physics of battle, files identical
  • conversations.txt: dialogues seem to be frameshifted +5, native has new text as of 1.112
  • dialog_states.txt: like conversations, this only adds things about ladies rejecting your wedding proposal, seems like general 1.112 things
  • factions.txt: differs from mine because i adjusted my faction colors, otherwise no change
  • game_variables.txt: no change
  • info_pages.txt: no change
  • itemkinds1.txt: red tunic appropriately named green tunic as it should be hahaha and a few heraldic item adjustments. but no bug fixes required here
  • quick_strings.txt: native file seems more up to date

scripts.txt has a whole bunch of numerical changes across the board. lots of frameshifts -1 from native to yours. it's hard to say what the major bugfixes are, but they are most likely in this file. most significant line is the siege belfry--this may be the AI changes for siege ladders or something

menus.txt is needed obviously :smile:

Haha when I get lazy you get more txt files (it doesn't motivate me to release an update for a crashy patch either :razz:), mostly cause it's trial and error to see if any bugs come out of taking out a compiled text file (atleast with the info I know). Thanks for this tho I'll tighten it up. Also I'm curious how you compare the text files are you just manual checking it out or do you have some sort of program?

Knil said:
Also I'm curious how you compare the text files are you just manual checking it out or do you have some sort of program?

someone on these forums suggested using the free opensource notepad++ to edit these heavily coded txt files, and i took their advice. been very pleased with this program's performance so far.

you can download it here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/files/
npp.5.6.8.Installer.exe

once it's installed:
  • open up two files
  • Click the menu Plugins > Compare > Compare

that will highlight and stick an arrow beside lines that are different, then further bold-highlight the specific things that are different between the files. yeah, i just manually scroll through the split screen to see what's different (make sure you enable vertical and horizontal screen lock-sync).

and if you really like the program, you can replace the regular notepad.exe with it :smile:

Here's a little Notepad++ launcher which allows you to replace Notepad completely by Notepad++.

Installation Instruction:

Backup your original Notepad.exe (we never know...).
Copy notepad.exe which comes with this package into 4 directories (in given order) :
[list type=decimal]
[*]c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386
[*]c:\windows\system32\dllcache
[*]c:\windows\system32
[*]c:\windows
[/list]
When you replace notepad.exe in c:\windows\system32 and c:\windows, a "Windows File Protection" message box appears, click Cancel. Then another message box appears, click OK.
Modify you registry (if you use installer to install your Notepad++, you don't need to do this step): Create key \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Notepad++, then add your Notepad++ full path as the default value of this key. In my case, it's C:\Program Files\Notepad++.
Now Notepad++ is your default Notepad.

I make a point of thanking Stépho for his contribution. The source code is available here.

bigtoebubby said:
Knil said:
Also I'm curious how you compare the text files are you just manual checking it out or do you have some sort of program?

someone on these forums suggested using the free opensource notepad++ to edit these heavily coded txt files, and i took their advice. been very pleased with this program's performance so far.

you can download it here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/files/
npp.5.6.8.Installer.exe

once it's installed:
  • open up two files
  • Click the menu Plugins > Compare > Compare

that will highlight and stick an arrow beside lines that are different, then further bold-highlight the specific things that are different between the files. yeah, i just manually scroll through the split screen to see what's different (make sure you enable vertical and horizontal screen lock-sync).

and if you really like the program, you can replace the regular notepad.exe with it :smile:

Here's a little Notepad++ launcher which allows you to replace Notepad completely by Notepad++.

Installation Instruction:

Backup your original Notepad.exe (we never know...).
Copy notepad.exe which comes with this package into 4 directories (in given order) :
[list type=decimal]
[*]c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386
[*]c:\windows\system32\dllcache
[*]c:\windows\system32
[*]c:\windows
[/list]
When you replace notepad.exe in c:\windows\system32 and c:\windows, a "Windows File Protection" message box appears, click Cancel. Then another message box appears, click OK.
Modify you registry (if you use installer to install your Notepad++, you don't need to do this step): Create key \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Notepad++, then add your Notepad++ full path as the default value of this key. In my case, it's C:\Program Files\Notepad++.
Now Notepad++ is your default Notepad.

I make a point of thanking Stépho for his contribution. The source code is available here.

Thanks that will be very useful!

Btw isn't it easier just assigning all .txt files to opened by notepad++  :razz:

this is bad, crashed straight away with an unedited items file, took that out and worked... for a minute.

Great idea, but rolling back to Steams original version...

Crashed dumping Alayen

Ya here's the whole module being that I don't have time sort through the text files that change I'll just upload the whole thing (got class and work tonight.) Also the fact is that until we get an updated module using this mod might disable some of the fixes they have done in recent patches so I recommend just using the module to edit and export then switch back to native. This is until we get an updated module system.

Download: http://www.filefront.com/16209509/Companion%20Export%20%26%20Flag%20Edit%201.113.zip

INSTALL:

1. Make a duplicate of your native folder in your module folder (mount and blade warband/modules/native) you can name it w/e you want. I named it "native 1.113 backup."
2. Within the default native folder override all the text files with the ones provided.
3. Start up your game as usual and export/import and/or change your banner. Exit the game.
4. Now you want to switch back to your default native because this module override some of the recent changes. [outdated module system]
5. So, go back to your module folder and change the name of your default native folder to something like "companion export 1.113" and change the name of "native 1.113 backup" back to native.
6. Run your game like normal. If you ever want to export and import just swap the names again.

LittleJP said:
error item 661....

Mind being a bit more specific? Was it during the first load screen, when you loaded your save, etc?

Edit: I just downloaded my mod and went through the steps and encountered no errors. Are you sure you followed the new instructions correctly?

Some notes On the 1.113 version Knil:

- When I installed the mod, I had a problem when I loaded the game due to some item issue, but I replaced the item_kinds1.txt file with the original Native one, it worked fine.

- When I tried to get to the character screen of either Alayen or Mathield the game crashes. Doing it for everyone else was fine though, does the order of the party list matter because they were on the top of the party list (I was on top :p)

- I only replaced 3 files to get it working though, the scripts.txt, the menu.txt and the quick_string.txt. Though when I replaced the 3 files, I lost also the +20 troops available to me, so one of these files have changed something as well. Not sure what though.

Zhaker said:
Some notes On the 1.113 version Knil:

- When I installed the mod, I had a problem when I loaded the game due to some item issue, but I replaced the item_kinds1.txt file with the original Native one, it worked fine.

- When I tried to get to the character screen of either Alayen or Mathield the game crashes. Doing it for everyone else was fine though, does the order of the party list matter because they were on the top of the party list (I was on top :p)

- I only replaced 3 files to get it working though, the scripts.txt, the menu.txt and the quick_string.txt. Though when I replaced the 3 files, I lost also the +20 troops available to me, so one of these files have changed something as well. Not sure what though.

Hmm I'm not really sure why that's happening, I'm not encountering any errors on my end and I just tried just through a clean install. It probably has to do with the outdated module system.

Ok here's a question from you and might explain why, what version did you start your saved game?

LittleJP said:

Ya that explains a lot, it looks like save games from the newest versions aren't working I need to test some more and see if I can find a work around.

For people getting an eror try what Zhaker did and see if it works for you too.

Back
Top Bottom