Mount&Blade Iron Launcher for Warband [ + Vanilla Compatible ]

Are you happy with the rebuilt of the program? What did you think about the new functions and bugfix

• +++++ Cool, All the requested functions are fullfilled, and there are not big bugs! Perfect :D

Votes: 52 35.9%
  • ++++ Good, The program is very nice, but have some perfomance errors... :P

Votes: 19 13.1%
  • +++ Hey, It's a good program... but only for advanced modders... not for me ¬¬

Votes: 17 11.7%
  • ++ I'm very indiferent with this piece of bytes! :|

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • + Iron Launcher? What is that? Where am I? :)

Votes: 70 48.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I haven't voted yet... I'll make a WB mod after I finish TBS for 1.011.
But I'm pretty sure you've done something good.

And, sorry to say this - it's my defect professional deformation:
Swyter in the first post said:
Special thanks goes to Wookie Warlord, if he had not been interested in a new version, this version doesn't would exist right now.
Wouldn't, please. And please don't be angry with me...

Lumos said:
Wouldn't, please. And please don't be angry with me...

He he,  :smile: Don't worry, this is a challenge for me, I never learned/reached that level of English in class, pure practice, some of the objectives of my postcount are to improve my "internationalization" If you see some of my first topics..., that was truly understandable crap... But thanks for the point Lumos, it is a sort of cheap unofficial scholar exchange...

Swyter

i dont get it, it says that i can customeize units (basicly) but how do i do that, every time i run it the launcher for warband start upp

So, I cant mod the game. For say, I can't turn off dust using ini without losing blood splatter, and make the physics more higher?

mssun425 said:
So, I cant mod the game. For say, I can't turn off dust using ini without losing blood splatter, and make the physics more higher?

Use the module system
Code:
Particles PY
file to replace or get rid of the dust effects. Physics? The TW Added some physic momentum, weighting and velocity commands/optcodes. Not sure if you're talking about NPCs.

The
Code:
Module.ini
file it's the basic module loader. Where you specify the resources (BRFs) to load, its order and some basic hard-coded options like camera zooms and so. Iron Launcher doesn't affect those values.

Let me know if you need help.

Thank you Swyter, I was just wondering, what do you mean by the particle py system? and also, I want to change pretty much the ragdoll kind of setting, such as when i shoot a person with and arrow or strike at them, the person's reaction will be more exaggerated; say i shoot them with an arrow and they fly a couple feet back.

You'd need the source code, I'm guessing.  You could always try OpenMLK, but atm it's full of bugs and starts Warband twice... :razz:  (Because the IL starts it and so does the WSE) 

Lumos said:
Swyter is currently developing a WSE-friendly version. In the meantime, how do I make the IL start WSE?

Awesome. 

Swyter, have you actually managed to use a different video for one of the intros?

I think I have everything set up properly (on old MaB), but my new intro only plays for the same (short) amount of time asi the video it replaced. And there's no sound for some reason.

Help? :grin:

(I was thinking that we could perhaps have the video play before the Launcher launches MaB itself)

edit: Nevermind, we figured out a way. :smile:

erennuman_mb said:
How do we use it?

The latest and greatest version is over here:

Code:
https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/iron-launcher/

Now in open source flavour and rewritten in C as a DLL with IAT patching.
In Warband it just replaces the mod videos with a custom version.

--
I made it mainly for the Mount&Blade 1.011 version of The Last Days of The Third Age 3.3 and above.

Makes the installation of the mod a breeze, much simpler than before... Allowing them to use custom shaders, data, videos and core resources without disturbing other mods, or having to use a second M&B installation just for that mod.

It reduces mod installation to just copying the module folder and adding a
Code:
dinput8.dll
file to the game's root.

Swyter said:
erennuman_mb said:
How do we use it?

The latest and greatest version is over here:

Code:
https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/iron-launcher/

Now in open source flavour and rewritten in C as a DLL with IAT patching.
In Warband it just replaces the mod videos with a custom version.

--
I made it mainly for the Mount&Blade 1.011 version of The Last Days of The Third Age 3.3 and above.

Makes the installation of the mod a breeze, much simpler than before... Allowing them to use custom shaders, data, videos and core resources without disturbing other mods, or having to use a second M&B installation just for that mod.

It reduces mod installation to just copying the module folder and adding a
Code:
dinput8.dll
file to the game's root.

erennuman_mb said:
Csatádi said:
What is this tool?
I don't know either, but it's no longer needed since 1.127

It was a launcher to workaround limitations with the engine.

Things like custom videos, custom shaders, materials and UI elements weren't modular, meaning that unlike other assets like textures and BRFs you couldn't make the game override them by dropping an alternative version inside your module folder. That really sucked for advanced mods that used custom skeletons and such.

With Iron Launcher one could effectively use shaders and custom fonts in vanilla Mount&Blade without much fuss. Or avoid having to replace files every time you needed to switch mods.

--

After Warband was published I actually rewrote it as a tiny DLL hook/redirector (which is open source C code in the same spirit than EMBSeries, DSfix or SweetFX) exclusively so that TLD 3.3 could be installed painlessly in vanilla M&B while coexisting with other mods and Native. Right now is still the only way of installing The Last Days in Mount&Blade 1.011 without having to resort to creating a separate installation for it, or replacing core game files.

Is it clear now? I have been modding Mount&Blade for a long time, things were a lot more limited in the old days. Even custom animations were a pipe dream until Marco released OpenBRF.

Back
Top Bottom