[B] TEatRC Warband 1.134

Users who are viewing this thread

Nope, not working on it right now.
However, I do have all the needed assets.

I'm just too busy with my PhD currently to learn coding, and the interest seems to be too low.
We could try it if Khan's in for it, but I just need someone who's more experienced at M&B coding than me at the moment.

But I did get a better laptop last month, so I might be able to continue.
The old one was 8 years old and well used so modding turned into a test of patience instead of a hobby.  :razz:

A small update:

I've started coding and I'm entering all the new items into the module system right now.
Should be done by the end of the week.

After that comes modifying troops, so at this rate I might have the first playable (alpha) version some time in September.

Hey, I don't have a lot of time on my hands these days, but if you still need help then what I can offer is to take a look at the code, and you tell me what needs to be done - and I'll be able to say yay or nay on whether I can meaningfully contribute in the near-future.

I think I'll do the bulky part of the work myself, but I might need some help with testing new additions to code.
I'm using Somebody's version of Diplomacy for 1.174 as a base, but it'll need some additions.

I'll need a lot of help for scening work later on if you're up for that too.  :grin:

If you can handle the coding, then there really isn't much I can do to help - sceneing and testing take more time than I have (and I'm no good at building scenes anyways); I'm just good with code. If you do need help there in the future, feel free to ask me.

But I'm very happy to hear that you're working on it all  :grin:

Actually, if you could isolate all the TEATRC specific village rumours and party greetings that would be great.

I'm also thinking of a new way of obtaining unique items, probably by talking to imprisoned lords who own them or defeating special party spawns like in Prophecy of Pendor for example.

Cannons would be amazing too, but that's not gonna happen in the first few versions for sure.
Or maybe I can just turn them into siege scene props.
That would be the easiest way to handle that.

Love those ideas! I know a big part of TEatRC is the unique faction items. Also super unrelated I just happened to check out my forum stats. Even though TEatRC hasnt been playable for WB yet I still have double the posts/comments in this board than any other lol.

I halted the development on something close to alpha version.

The interest is low, I was not able to find any help when it comes to coding and Bannerlord finally has a release date.
Also coding from scratch is too time consuming and I feel like my time is better spend on other projects at the moment.

I might restart this when Bannerlord comes out.

I halted the development on something close to alpha version.

The interest is low, I was not able to find any help when it comes to coding and Bannerlord finally has a release date.
Also coding from scratch is too time consuming and I feel like my time is better spend on other projects at the moment.

I might restart this when Bannerlord comes out.

Sad, what a pity.

I think it's the best option, since Bannerlord seems to have all the features I wanted to add to this game from the start, which means that they'll be integrated seamlessly into the game.
The new engine also seems to put higher quality models to better use.

I wonder if you guys can recognize what these are supposed to be:

ducal_companion.jpg

ducal_winged_hussar.jpg

But keep in mind that these are very early non-rendered WIP conversions of Warband content to Bannerlord format.
They should look much better in game with all the shaders and normal maps applied.

Firts one is one of those legioneers from a special group under the Radiant Cross?
Second is a Winged Hussar from the Grand Duchy. Also, holy ****, is that a Skyrim breastplate from the Steel Plate Armor? Also, those pauldrons are not that unfamiliar... Nilfgaardian pieces from The Witcher?

Since I just mentioned it, CDPR has all assets from The Witcher games available to be ported and used in mods for other games. Maybe you should take a look there. There's some awesome stuff for late medieval european countries (just like the Holy Swadian Empire)

The first one is actually one of the variations of a Ducal companion.
I'm trying to maintain colour schemes all throughout the armies in order to get that more uniform feeling.
The roman-styled armour might be a bit misleading, but I wanted to give every faction some unique little twist.

Yeah, the breastplate was inspired by Skyrim's steel plate armour, but it was modeled from scratch.
I am currently using modified CDPR Witcher 2 assets on the majority of armours since CDPR gave modders permission to their assets in non-profit projects. Good eye for detail btw. :grin:

Hi, this was one of the original mods I played on M&B 1.011 back in 2008, 2009. Thank you for all of the hard work you've put in so far! If anything ever does make it to see the light of Bannerlord, I'd be delighted.

Hi guys,

I would like to ask one question, regarding the M&B 1.011
I am currently playing a Native Expansion v0.568 mod and would like to export my character.

I have done everything so far, what was available on the forums:
1. Clicked on character
2. Statistics
3. Export
4. etc. ...

The problem is that I was never able to find the txt file with my characters name.
I can remember, when I was using Win 7 OS, that I had to go to C:/User/Documents/Mount and Blade/Characters ... and there, I could modify my character. Is this happening because I am running the game on Win 8, please?

Moreover, after I exported the character, I was not able to import it in another gameplay - the message was that the file had not existed.
If a solution exists for that, could you please kindly direct me to the thread/website/etc.?

Thank you
Best regards
katox

I would like to ask one question, regarding the M&B 1.011
I am currently playing a Native Expansion v0.568 mod and would like to export my character.

To be honest, I'm kinda rusty at this but I think that you're only able to import a character from the same module?
In other words, I'm not sure if it's possible to export a character form Native Expansion into TEATRC.
I might be wrong though.

- - -

And a bit of positive news during these confusing times...

After getting my Bannerlord beta key and playing just one game I can say that it's everything I ever dreamed of.

The assets are just amazing and I probably won't even need to convert most of the models I made so far just because they have so many well matching equivalents in the game. So what I would need are some sceners to help out, some additional architectural assets (which I could make on my own) and a way to implement firearms and cannons into the game. Right now, it seems like the job is an easy one, with new animations being the only possible exception (Bannerlord's animation quality is way out of league).

Back
Top Bottom