Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Morgh said:
kraggrim said:
@Morgh Have you thought about adding a feature which updates the cheat-menu when new items are added? For myself it's not an issue as I know the text tweak off by heart, but seems like others would benefit from it a lot.

No, because the code handles only troops, items, factions, templates. I f I want to access now menus, which I think is necessary, its not just a little thing. It's like you say a tweak, accessing other text files. Theoretically no problem, but so much work, that i won't get into it.

Fair enough, didn't know how much work it would be :smile:.  If you want I can write up a wee guide for folk on doing the text tweak you could stick in the FAQ or first post.

hi,
"Error no.#6 occurred in function show troop".
when i clicked on companions in troop editor; reporting error as directed :neutral:

kraggrim said:
Kaladin said:
hi,
"Error no.#6 occurred in function show troop".
when i clicked on companions in troop editor; reporting error as directed :neutral:

Was this for Viking Conquest?

Yeah same here, it's been an issue with VC since forever, I've been using MB Barracks editor for VC

Nice to see this old tool is back in development, hope for full VC support soon... let's spam Morgh to do it fast while he's into updating it lol
Missing skills need to be added and the companions editing error fixed...

VC uses new operations that allow you (when using the MS) to add attributes to items assigned to NPCs. AFAIK it's just bandits and companions who use this, to give them rusty/tattered stuff. Morgh's editor doesn't account for this so you get the error message and it fails to load some of their inventory.  You can probably just re-add the stuff (use MB barracks or the MS to check what they had) but it won't have those attributes.

thanks for your reply,
another que.--
when i edit a troops' stats{using morgh} ,it doesn't change in game. ex.-norse warrior archer's ironflesh changed to 10 via editor remains as 6 in game {even after proper "update troops" and "save changes" click in editor}.Is that supposed to happen???Do i need to start a new game for that??
Rarilmar said:
Missing skills need to be added
Don't know what are those but i second that :lol: :lol:

Kaladin said:
thanks for your reply,
another que.--
when i edit a troops' stats{using morgh} ,it doesn't change in game. ex.-norse warrior archer's ironflesh changed to 10 via editor remains as 6 in game {even after proper "update troops" and "save changes" click in editor}.Is that supposed to happen???Do i need to start a new game for that??
Rarilmar said:
Missing skills need to be added
Don't know what are those but i second that :lol: :lol:

Troop changes only take effect on a new game...

And the 'missing skills' are:
Reserved skill  9 = Weapon Maintenace
Reserved skill 14 = Navigation
Reserved skill 15 = Sea-King
As seen on MB Barracks Editor

Rarilmar said:
And the 'missing skills' are:
Reserved skill 15 = Sea-King
As seen on MB Barracks Editor
:meh:was hoping for some cool ,undiscovered,"not-yet-implemented" abilities{ like hardy,sprinter as in silverstag} :smile:

Hi Morgh. I would please like to ask you , I have the latest Europe 1200 Mod for Mount and balde warband. I want to edit the files of the garrisons and troops etc.  but I am facing a problem of 'ERROR #9 OCCURED IN FUNCTION'    I think its because there are too many items.  Can this be fixed? or maybe extend the range perhaps?

How would I change how many parties can spawn ?

Say bandits can spawn a maximum of 15 parties given the time to do so.

How would I change that to 5 parties?

This option doesn't seem to be available when attempting to edit them.  I can change troop composition but not amount of individual parties able to spawn.

kraggrim said:
Tweakmb should have an option for that.
That was actually my first thing I turned too knowing that.

however: 

25ro0a1.png

It doesn't load.  Bandit Party sizes however does load.

I have tried loading it through all of the different databases as well.

I'm not above doing it manually but I have no idea what value it would be, or what file:  (party or party_template)?

Load up native in tweakmb with the latest native database available, then open the tweak viewer feature at the top and find that tweak. Should give you an idea of how to proceed.

kraggrim said:
Load up native in tweakmb with the latest native database available, then open the tweak viewer feature at the top and find that tweak. Should give you an idea of how to proceed.
That was very good information thank you.

I am very puzzled however.

Looking at the appropriate value, it's saying these bandit factions can only spawn 2 max parties each.  However I have seen much more than two spawning Forest bandit from one Forest bandit hideout.  (in the module I am attempting to make the changes in, Empire III)

Not sure where to go from here.  The tweak viewer helped me identify the lines but there's no way these are correct (they are for the native script file of course).  And I still don't know how to find them myself.  There's no identifiers.  It's just strings of numbers representing ID's and other conjoining values I have no hope of translating without a third party tool.

I think I will take this to the mod's own subforum instead of derailing the thread further.  Maybe the creator will shed some light.

I'm not sure where that 2 from. In native in the spawn_bandits script in scripts.txt there are 6 instances of 2147483678 2 1224979098644774912 16, with 16 being the number it's checking for bandit parties. Your mod will have something similar, paste the script from both into winmerge and compare them, you should be able to figure it out.

Every time I download this from any source, I get an error trying to unpack the file saying that it is damaged, anyone else having this problem?

Morgh said:
Morgh's Mount & Blade WB/WFAS Editor v1.50 released!

Morgh is back! After almost exactly five years of doing nothing with the code, I'm back with an update. Never say never :wink:

General changes:

- Extended compatibility, troop and item editor can load more community modules
  for example: "The last days of the third age"

This can fix a problem which crashes the editor at some community modules. "The last days of the third age" was one of them.

Text item editor changes:

- Added flags to be compatible with Module System v1.165:
  itp_covers_hair
  itp_force_show_body
  itp_force_show_left_hand
  itp_force_show_right_hand
  itp_cant_reload_while_moving_mounted
  itp_has_upper_stab
  itp_kill_info_mask

You can download it here:

DOWNLOAD PAGE

Donation is motivation! It honors the work. Thanks to all the people who donated some money!
Download links do not work. Where can I get the last version?

Back
Top Bottom