The Clans League!

Users who are viewing this thread

longbow93

Sergeant Knight
The 22nd Regiment of Foot is glad to present you:

The Clans League

This tournament will be a perfect occasion to show your value on the battlefield and to have good fun with other people.
Here come how the tournament will be made:
First of all, we will build up a council, made by one member for each clan partecipating that will be able, with the majority of votes, to change one of the rules that will be shown below ( this is also a perfect way to avoid any attempt to accuse us of unfairness).

Tournament rules:
- Every clan that wish to partecipate must send me a PM with clan name.
- After the council gathered up, it will have some days if it wish to discuss about changing a rule.
- Every match will be made by twelve players for each side.
- One mercenary allowed only if they will lose one of their players at match begin or during the match, if another one will have to leave, they will be forced to proceed with one player less or retreat.
- After the match will be decided, the two clans will have to decide when to do it and will have one week to play it and three days after having done it to send me the screenshots proving the winner.
- If an opponent won't show up but there was no warning about his absence then a faithful council member will come to see and check that the other clan is actually missing.
- As the league is tought to be EU based, every other clan that is only american or asiatic/ocean will be able to partecipate but will be forced to play on a european server as long as the clan they are facing won't accept to do the first ten rounds on a EU server, and the second ten on a server located on the non-european clan.
- The tournament will be based on a direct-elimination way to avoid it taking years to complete.
- The challengers will be chosen randomly of course.

Match rules:
-100 % gold.
- Dead cam completely locked.
- No spectators as long as they are not council members or are allowed to stay there by both clans.
- No glitching.
- No hacking.
- No offending.
- There will be twenty rounds to be played.
- After five rounds switch spawn.
- After ten rounds switch map and factions.
- The screenshots that will be sent to me must be taken at the end of each five rounds.
- About choosing map and factions: for the first ten rounds, the clan A choose map and faction, then clan B choose faction. For the second ten rounds, the clan B choose map and faction, then clan A choose faction. All those will be decided before the match start.

Clans partecipating:
22nd Regiment of Foot
Armata Brancaleone
More yet to come.

Always a nice idea, but out of curiosity i have some questions to help you out...

I'm accustomed to european football league, so i assume 3 points for a victory and 1 point for a draw ? ( loose is 0 points ofc )

Plus, the tournament format takes into account teams of 8 plus 3 spares? I think less than that just isn't enough and ideally would be 11 plus 5 spares.

There's the need for a referee corps then, to avoid mess ups. Like in any other game, they are the GM's and they are unbiased.

:cool: :arrow: :?:

I'd be much more interested in a proper MP campaign, similar to what the Ozzers have going on, than a regular tournament, which strikes me as a fairly boring idea. I'm sure we'd be able to rally at least some of the troops for that one. :razz:

okiN said:
I'd be much more interested in a proper MP campaign, similar to what the Ozzers have going on, than a regular tournament, which strikes me as a fairly boring idea. I'm sure we'd be able to rally at least some of the troops for that one. :razz:

Kudos. RP RP RP RP RP RP RRRRRRRRRP !

( sorry gents, wrong thread for this but i had to support this one )

Yeah, unbiased and neutral referees and "council"-members are needed. I don't have anything against the 22nd, but "The 22nd Regiment of Foot is glad to present you:" let's this league seem a bit biased. Same would be true for any other clan of course. A tournament shouldn't be hosted by a clan, but rather by neutral individuals or groups, or by a constituted assembly of clans that is lead or moderated by someone neutral.

The MP campaign, as far as I know, was the Battle For Calradia which was taken on by Arch3r... Now answering Hethwill I'd say that we could do or 3 points for win, 1 point for draw or direct elimination. This may be decided by Council if and when it will be formed.

That's exacly why the Council is there. The 22nd Battalion will have 1 vote only as all other clans. The text at beginning means just that we tought about it and we're glad to present you our idea.

a League is a pre-set of games, 2 per team, 1 at Home turf, 2nd in Away, counting points up the league ladder.

Elimination isn't part of a league at all, but more for a Cup elimination competition like the World Cup for example ( taking out the groups phase )

Actually, after thinking on it, it would be more interesting with points, as you may lose against someone but still win the league.. :smile:

Yep, Hethwill is correct. Your terminology is wrong. I guess I just didnt think of it before.

However to reiterate as Harlequin said. It is not a 22nd thing, we just wanna get something like this moving so we got regular matches. Every clan that participates will be involved in its running and have a say in each decision made.

As i previously said, the council will have the maximum power which neither me nor whoever will be able to stop. This is just an occasion to have some fun and regular matches :smile:

The Home/Away game means to play on "the server/map/faction" you and your opponent setup at the beginning of the league. I'm not into "rigid" setups but a 2 faction prior selection per clan wouldn't hurt at all, now that we can use the same faction vs same faction.

Also it would make the League games more versatile in time ( 10 rounds in a map takes 1 hour ), and on another day the team could do the Away match.

Meaning you can win 3 points @ Home and another 3 @ Away.

Same as football i reckon.

longbow93 said:
The MP campaign, as far as I know, was the Battle For Calradia which was taken on by Arch3r...

There's that, but from what I've seen it seems to complicate things too much for my liking in a lot of ways, and on the other hand it appears to be missing a lot of the stuff I'd like to see. I really like the Oceanic Campaign model, and I think that'd be good to build on.

okiN said:
longbow93 said:
The MP campaign, as far as I know, was the Battle For Calradia which was taken on by Arch3r...

There's that, but from what I've seen it seems to complicate things too much for my liking in a lot of ways, and on the other hand it appears to be missing a lot of the stuff I'd like to see. I really like the Oceanic Campaign model, and I think that'd be good to build on.

It's awesome and simple :smile: , especially that rule where you can assign different army sizes. Uneven battles FTW !

Yeah, TBfC is a very ambitious project, and it seems like it still needs a lot of work before it'll be ready to take off. I think it'd be much quicker to make a start on something like this.

No, thats not what this is about. The Battle For Calradia is about your clan doing battles, not matches and having fun gaining a powerful empire etc, we all know how it works. That does not show, however, the best clans, and there is no "ranking" or competition feel to it.
This league is a competition, not a game-mode. They are completely different, and frankly, if we dont set this up now, someone else will, because it is fun, in a completely different way than the battle for calradia is. This will give clans a goal, to get ranked up among the best clans in the world, that is what this is all about, to put the training and fun into an organised ranking, and feel proud of what you have achieved with your brothers-in-arms.

Back
Top Bottom