[S] Calradia Divided - a Warband+ Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

The latest test version can always be found here: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1803

Calradia Divided
----------------------------------
Calradia has always been a land of strife and territorial feuds. Since the days of the old Calradian Empire's fall many nations have risen up in its place to attempt to unify the land under one banner.

Calradia Divided fleshes out the back story and enhances the gameplay of M&B Warband by implementing a large myriad of new factions with unique personalities and troops that fit into the current canon. It attempts to explain the history of the region and why the world is how we know it. It also seeks to make war more dynamic, when your nation is faced with the prospect of a war on 3 fronts, where do you turn?

Progress
Alright so as you can guess, the mod definitely died for a bit. My sincerest apologies, I got caught up in a lot of things IRL and hit some issues with working on the mod and didn't finish it.

I'm in a stage of free time again, going to be toying with modding Mount & Blade some more. I'm still trying to get up to speed (updating M&B, getting new Module System, importing my old work into it).

What I've decided to do for now (until a better map editor is released since Thorgrim's is dead) is release the mod as a Native Mod, that gives some cities to new nations for now (IE: Tihr went to the Anglisians, Dhirim to the Merovians). For now I'm not aiming for a huge scope (adding all these factions/troop trees is big enough). Basically by the time its said and done each faction will probably have one capital city and a couple castles/villages. To note, this does mean the Boat system and new world map are on the backburner for now.

I don't want anyone to get their hopes up particularly, I'm prone to not finishing things. I'll be uploading versions of the mod as I go for you to enjoy if you wish though.

Progress:
The Holy Swadian Empire - CC6600 (Orange)
Ruler: Emperor Harlaus II
Vassals: Elector/Electress
Basis: Holy Roman/German
Harlaus I was a senator and high priest under Emperor Parlinus of the Calradian Empire, however when his sons began feuding over the claim to the throne and with famine gripping the land, Harlaus laid the groundwork of a new Empire using his followers in the Church and the Senate. The Holy Swadian Empire quickly seized many lands and remains one of the larger claimants to the rulership of Calradia to this day under Harlaus I's son, Harlaus II.

The Vaegir Tsarate - 339900 (Green)
Ruler: Tsar Yaroglek
Vassals: Boyar/Boyarina
Basis: Slavik/Russian
Northeastern Calradia has never been an easy place to eek out an existence. The people of the mountains and forests have always been hardy and stoic people dedicated to survival first and foremost. When the other provinces began to fall apart, Yaroglek gathered together the various chieftains and made a formal declaration of independence from the Calradian Empire. His nation, the Vaegir Tsarate, still remains a threat as they continue to bring the full force of the mountains to bear against their foes.

The Khergit Khanate - 9966CC (Lavender)
Ruler: Sanjar Khan
Vassals: Noyan/Hatun
Basis: Mongol
Always a foe of the Calradian Empire, the eastern steppes were always the home base of the Khergit Raiders, notorious tribes of horsemen who would strike swiftly and steal everything. The Calradians managed to subdue the Khergit with tribute and military force and kept them at bay. With their power waning however, the Khergit Tribes have united under Sanjar Khan and begun forming raiding parties in the Calradian Empire's former holdings again.

The Nordic Kingdoms - CCCC00 (Yellow)
Ruler: King Ragnar XII
Vassals: Jarl/Grevinne
Basis: Viking/Norman
The Northern Nordic Peoples were a great asset to the Calradian Empire when it formed, their hardy warriors and vast sea trade routes proved profitable when the Empire pacified their aggressive tendencies. For years they had been used as a tool against the Emperor's enemies, however with his death King Ragnar XII has begun pushing inland and conquering much territory. Their powerful military might is something that shouldn't be taken likely by the other provinces.

The Council of Rhodok - 33CCCC (Cyan)
Ruler: Doge Graveth
Vassals: Count/Countess
Basis: Italian
The Rhodok are a people of merchants, traders, and artisans. They were born and bred for aristocracy and nobility, not for war. However when the Senators began doubting the succession of Prince Arelius, the Trade Princes of Rhodok knew civil war was brewing and they wouldn't have the might to stop it. They pooled their resources, gathered mercenaries, and secretly laid out the groundwork for the Council of Rhodok. The Rhodok's heavy economic power and masterfully equipped soldiers give them an edge over some of their lesser neighbors.

The Sarranid Sultanate - CCCC66 (Tan)
Ruler: Sultan Hakim
Vassals: Emir
Basis: Mamluk Sultanate
The Sarranid Sultanate hadn't ever been an issue for the Empire before the Civil War. Their Sultan would hold lavish parties and meet with the Emperor to discuss trade and conquest. However the Sultan never held favor with the Church and the Senate, as they saw him as an unwelcome outside influence. As such with the Emperor's death all trade and diplomatic matters with the Sultan were cut off. When Calradian Imperial Guard began sacking border towns the Sultan took it personally and began incursions into the Empire. The Sarranid Sultanate has, and will continue to be, a threatening force looming over Calradia.

The Merovian Empire - 99CC66 (Olive) - DONE
Ruler: Emperor Arnoux
Vassals: Marquis/Marquise
Basis: Franks
Arnoux was the youngest brother of the Grand Emperor of Calradia, and when the succession issues began (like the Senators) he grabbed his holdings and family and declared himself independent and neutral in the matters. The warring princes would often seek opinions from him but his indefinite silence earned him their hatred. His loyal men are some of the Imperial Guard's finest soldiers, and he won't back down in the face of Calradia's strongest foes.
Code:
The Merovian Empire [Merovian - ]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Recruit -> Footman  -> Axeman   -> Warrior (Axe/shield or 2h)
                                -> Axe Thrower (2h and throwing Axe)
                    -> Spearman -> Partisan (Spear and Shield) 
        -> Charger  -> Knight   -> Paladin (Heavy with sword/shield)
                    -> Lancer   -> Heavy Lancer (Heavy with Lance/shield)

The Anglisian Provinces - 0000FF (Blue) - PLACEHOLDERS INGAME
Ruler: King Fairholm
Vassals: Earl/Countess
Basis: English
Anglisia has always been a land of contempt for Calradians. They're land was always fertile, always free from disease, and it seems as though God himself blessed them with everything they could ever want. When the Emperor subdued the Nordic nations he used them as a tool to take for his own people what the Anglisians wouldn't give. With the Calradian Empire faltering, the Anglisian King Fairholm has sought to retake what Calradia has stolen from his people.
Code:
The Anglisian Provinces [Anglisian - ]
Trainee -> Militia  -> Man-At-Arms -> Guard    -> Royal Guard (Sword/Shield)
                                               -> Champion (Two-Hand Sword)
                                   -> Spearman -> Templar (Spear/Shield)
                                               -> Halberdier (Halberd)
                   -> Knight       -> Paladin (Sword/Shield Cavalry)
        -> Hunter  -> Longbowman   -> Yeoman (Archer)

The Salujan Shazade - 996633 (Brown) - 0%
Ruler: Shah Mirzehr
Vassals: Satrap
Basis: Persian
The Shazade and Calradia have been long running enemies. They've never seen eye to eye on religion, trade, and a myriad of political and territorial issues, so when the Emperor passed they were one of the first to rejoice and began gathering their forces for a massive war against Calradia. Luckily for the Calradians, civil war, internal strife, and political corruption plague the Shahzade. If that were not the case, the whole of the continent could fall under their banner.
Code:
The Salujan Shazade [Salujan - ]
Militia -> Footman -> Soldier  -> Guard     -> Royal Guard (Spear/Shield or Mace/Shield)
                               -> Mubarizun -> Immortal (1H, 2H, Shield)
                   -> Bowman   -> Archer (Archers)
        -> Raider  -> Nomad    -> Bedouin (Archer Cavalry)
                   -> Lancer   -> Heavy Lancer (Lance/Shield Cavalry)

The Falajid Caliphate - FF99CC (Pale Pink) - 0%
Ruler: Caliph Umek
Vassals: Sheikh
Basis: Arabian
The Caliphate's mission has always been a more peaceful one, their leader humble and generous. He has never been at odds with the Calradians, nor has he been their ally, however when the Empire collapsed and his neighbor's armies positioned elsewhere, the Caliph sees his chance to settle age old territorial disputes with swift and brutal force.
Code:
The Falajid Caliphate [Falajid - ]
Recruit -> Militia -> Soldier  -> Veteran   -> Warrior (Shield/Sword or 2h)
                               -> Spearman  -> Pikeman (Shield/Pike)
        -> Hunter  -> Archer   -> Assassin (Archer + Sword)
                   -> Nomad    -> Bedouin (Horse Archer + Sword)
                               -> Cataphract (Sword or Lance + Shield)

The Western Calradian Empire - 9933FF (Purple) - 0%
Ruler: Prince Arelius
Vassals: Senator
Basis: Byzantine
When his father passed Arelius was assumed to be the heir to the throne due to his age, he was stunned however when the Senate and his younger brother rose up demanding he cede the throne. He gathered his forces and began a great purge of the interior ministry and assassinated many political rivals. The result however was a massive power vacuum which divided the lands even further. The brutal reign of Arelius and his loyal Imperial Guard is all that holds together some of the shattered lands of his father. However it is not winning him many friends.
Code:
The Calradian Empire [Calradian - ] (East and West)
Recruit -> Militia -> Private  -> Sergeant -> Captain (Shield/Sword, Bow)
                                           -> Pikeman (Pike)
                               -> Guard    -> Imperial Guard (Shield/Spear)
                                           -> Champion (2H)
                   -> Horseman -> Knight   -> Paladin (Sword/Shield Cavalry)
        -> Bowman  -> Archer   -> Sharpshooter (Crossbow)

The Eastern Calradian Empire - FF33CC (Pink) - 0%
Ruler: Prince Garlone
Vassals: Senator
Basis: Byzantine
Garlone was the generous and quiet son of the Emperor, and when he passed the Senate pushed for him to take over for his father even though Arelius was assumed to be the heir. Garlone wanted no part of it truthfully, he was a man of the people. However the sway of the Senate forced his hand and when he saw his brother's oppression of the people he gathered his followers and moved on the capital. The result was a land divided in two and the strife that followed left old rivals to begin their own claims to Calradia.
Code:
The Calradian Empire [Calradian - ] (East and West)
Recruit -> Militia -> Private  -> Sergeant -> Captain (Shield/Sword, Bow)
                                           -> Pikeman (Pike)
                               -> Guard    -> Imperial Guard (Shield/Spear)
                                           -> Champion (2H)
                   -> Horseman -> Knight   -> Paladin (Sword/Shield Cavalry)
        -> Bowman  -> Archer   -> Sharpshooter (Crossbow)

The Order of the Divine Sword - FFFFCC (Pale Yellow) - 0%
Ruler: Grandmaster Philus the Devout
Vassals: Grandmaster
Basis: Marshal
The Church of Calradia was established long before this age. It grew to prominence during the Calradian Empire's reign when it defended border settlements against invasion and pillage. Their lord, Philus the Devout, was notified of the King's passing and his son's conflict. He withdrew his forces from the capital and established a base of power near the borderlands. He wanted no part in the coming war, his war was with the southern nations, not his fellow Calradians. However his hand can be forced, and sometimes in the name of God and country, some lords must be put in their place.
Code:
The Order of the Divine Sword [Order - ]
Initiate -> Squire   -> Knight   -> Champion -> Templar (Shield and Sword)
                                             -> Exemplar (2H)
                     -> Regular  -> Sergeant -> Commander (Sword, Bow)
         -> Horseman -> Paladin  -> Crusader (Sword/Shield Cavalry)
                     -> Priest   -> Warrior Priest (Hammer/Flail)

The Principality of Ruscovy - 993333 (Reddish) - 0%
Ruler: Grand Prince Dresnov IX
Vassals: Prince/Princess
Basis: Russian
The Ruscovian Princes are well established lords from the far northeast. They are a jolly, happy people known for their elaborate cities and their prideful culture. Though they were never a part of the Empire they treated the citizens of it like neighbors and brethren. With the fracture occurring throughout the region however its a wonder if Dresnov IX and the other princes will find themselves dragged into a conflict with their former neighbors.

The Jun Xi Dynasty - CC3300 (Burnt Orange) - 0%
Ruler: Emperor Zhao
Vassals: Prefect
Basis: Chinese
Trade through the Khergit lands used to be prominent in the old days, well before the Calradians. The far eastern dynasties sought the food, spice, and metals of Calradia and in turn Calradians sought the brilliant jade and silk the East brought them. With the Khergit moving farther West and their armies stretched thin, the Jun Xi Dynasty has begun pacification campaigns to bring their ancestral territories back under their sway and attempt to subdue the Khanate. They may find themselves dragged into the strange politics and wars of the Western lands however.

The Osagaki Shogunate - 0000FF (Red) - 0%
Ruler: Shogun Mokitoro
Vassals: Daimyo
Basis: Japanese
Silent and honorable, the Osagaki Shogunate is a proud clan of warriors from far in the eastern lands, tales tell of their heroic warriors and honorable leaders and mercenaries from the land have been seen all over Calradia during the old days. Their ships have begun landing in Calradia again, seeking trade and business with the Empire, but what they find is conflict, strife, and death. Whether or not they'll join the war in an attempt to bring peace and stability to the land remains to be seen.

Kazzan said:
Sounds good. Good luck.

Though i can't see why you changer Khergit to Kherjits.

That would be a typo <.< my brain mispelled it I guess.

I'm mostly setting up resources and everything so that when the module system goes live I can begin work right away. I can do some of this through text editting but the larger bits definitely need the module system.

Rhendin said:
hey just wondering how long do you think it'll take to finish?
No shorter than the time it takes for the module system to be released
Shadowclaimer said:
I'm kinda torn on how to reorganize the world for the additional factions... still working on a way to get it to work.
I'd suggest using a historical map?

Kind of how Caladria already resembles europe.

LittleJP said:
Rhendin said:
hey just wondering how long do you think it'll take to finish?
No shorter than the time it takes for the module system to be released
Shadowclaimer said:
I'm kinda torn on how to reorganize the world for the additional factions... still working on a way to get it to work.
I'd suggest using a historical map?

Kind of how Caladria already resembles europe.

Actually I'd like to steer away from the historical map a bit, I mean keeping nations in their general locations works, but I feel like having it identical to history kinda messes with the feeling of Mount & Blade being its own world. I think what I'm going to do is redo large portions of the map, I've got a lot of it set up right now on my module, just don't have the factions to implement yet.

Worldmapnations.jpg

There's the new world map, roughly.

Tuckles said:
Your southernmost coast is pretty jagged.

Also, IMO all factions should be landlocked by at least one opening, unless you plan on making boats easy to come-by/free.

Intending to make boats just a system that whenever you touch water it changes your icon into a boat and you can move across it, so that way it doesn't break Lord pathfinding etc. However the boat combat system will be quite awesome, but that's a bit later on down the line.

The coasts and such are jagged for now, I intend to fix that up, it was just a general layout.

Looks very nice, I just hope travelling around with 70+ troops won't be a hassle. (without any path finding skill, ofc)

Back
Top Bottom