[S] Calradia Divided - a Warband+ Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I guess I should note progresswise..

Merovian Empire is implemented
80% of their troops are finished
Their King is finished
Lords need implemented
Cities need implemented (currently have them in a test city)
Color is correct
Code in place to allow you to start at their cities (like "take a caravan to" on character create) for when I do get their cities done

To do today:
Finish their damn cavalry
Add more equipment variation on their troops
Add in their Lords
Add in their cities and place them for the most part

Updates:
Merovian Knights, Paladins, Lancers, and Heavy Lancers implented
Equipment variation slightly done
Map detail work done, almost finish entirely

To Do today:
Towns need rearranged, default town layout on current map = lol
Lords for Merovians and their actual towns need added (working on this right this second)
Find some boat code
Fix starting in the Merovian Empire, at the "meet with merchant" scene it puts you in a field.

Can I suggest that the Holy Swadian Empire be renamed to the Holy Calradian Empire? If this is based upon the Holy Roman Empire of Medieval Europe...
The units and everything else can be kept as Swadians or renamed to Imperial etc.

Von Winterfeld said:
Can I suggest that the Holy Swadian Empire be renamed to the Holy Calradian Empire? If this is based upon the Holy Roman Empire of Medieval Europe...
The units and everything else can be kept as Swadians or renamed to Imperial etc.

The Western and Eastern Calradian Empire are what remains of the former Calradian Empire (Oh **** didn't post that in the original post)

Yea going to have a story that the Calradian Empire ruled the entirety, broke into two, and then the provinces rebelled (The Swadians being one of them that rebelled first, took the most land with them)

Now the Western/Eastern Calradian Empire only own small countries in the west and east.

Alright Merovian Troop Test is up, follow the instructions found on the Repository if you're interested, this is mostly a Merovian Troop Balance Test more than anything, and basic world map opinions.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1803

Just a couple of things I've noticed so far.

The map is great looking, I really like the difference from the original.  Some of the lakes and rivers near Durquba are a little blockly though.  When you move to the side of the map, it shows the sky texture behind it.

The towns are very nicely laid out as is Durquba (the palace in particular)  Very nice look for the city.

I am currently training up new soldiers and ill write more once I have more experience with them.

Jameyyed castle is kind of hanging off a mountain and most of the Rhodoks cities are floating.

Under notes/factions there is no statement or picture for the new faction.

Could you post the troop tree for the new faction?  (i didn't see it in this thread)

For the opening quest, the Kidnappers' Hideout happened to land on the side of a mountain where  I couldn't get to it.

Can you make a Japanese/Chinese style faction too? They could be on a island/group of islands like the Anglisians, I think a non-European/Arab/Mongolian(?) faction would make Warband better.

The addition of boats will be great, I hope this mod does good and succeeds.

The new map looks good.

Alright let me address it bit by bit..

- Towns are in native locations, I moved all I could for now, gotta get a list together to manually move the ones in the water as they are unselectable in map editor because of where they are.

- The Bandit Hideout being on a mountain would be an issue I'll have to fix later on, I skip the starting quest when testing so I wasn't aware, and the hideouts will have to be manually moved.

- Merovian Empire lacks image on Factions page isn't something I can fix immediately its superfluff work for a later date.

- Sadly Durquba isn't going to stay there, I'm in love with that valley (its beautiful, tends to fog up constantly) but some other nation will be going down there (the Ossirian Prefecture and the Eastern Calradian Empire will be in that general area, as well as the Zhodai Dynasty to the North slightly)

- As for Troop Trees and other Factions, here's the list that I intend to do eventually:

The Provinces of Calradia
-
The Holy Swadian Empire (Emperor, Elector/Electress) - Orange
The Vaegir Tsarate (Tsar, Boyar/Boyarina) - Forest Green
The Kherjit Khanate (Khan, Noyan/Hatun) - Lavender
The Nordic Kingdoms (King, Jarl/Grevinne) - Yellow
The Council of Rhodok (Doge, Count/Countess) - Cyan
The Sarranid Sultanate (Sultan, Emir/Sayeda) - Tan

The Merovian Empire (Emperor, Marquis/Marquise) - 339900 (Olive)

The Anglisian Provinces (King, Earl/Countess) - Blue
The Salujan Shazade (Shah, Satrap/Satrap) - Brown
The Ossirian Prefecture (Prefect, Nomarch/Nomarch) - FF6699 (Pink)
The Western Calradian Empire (Western Emperor, Governor) - Light Green 
The Eastern Calradian Empire (Eastern Emperor, Governor)
The Zhodai Dynasty (Emperor, Prefect) - Purple

The Bandit Kingdoms (Bandit Lord, the Brigand)
-
Sons of Greenhallow (Forest Bandits) - Dark Green
The Raiders of Atla (Sea Bandits) - Dark Gold
The Scorpions of Mija (Desert Bandits) - Dark Red
Killian's Rats (Mountain Bandits) - Dark Grey
Nomads of Kalun (Steppe Bandits) - Dark Purple

Troop Tree
Code:
Recruit -> Footman  -> Axeman   -> Warrior (Axe/shield or 2h)
                                -> Axe Thrower (2h and throwing Axe)
                    -> Spearman -> Partisan (Spear and Shield) 
        -> Charger  -> Knight   -> Paladin (Heavy with sword/shield)
                    -> Lancer   -> Heavy Lancer (Heavy with Lance/shield)

Thanks for the input Shadowclaimer,  I will keep monkeying around with those new troops.  One suggestion I would like to make though is that there are only 4 levels of troops for the new faction, will you be having the same amount of for all factions?

ajen said:
Thanks for the input Shadowclaimer,  I will keep monkeying around with those new troops.  One suggestion I would like to make though is that there are only 4 levels of troops for the new faction, will you be having the same amount of for all factions?

Eventually that would be the hope, I'm going to restructure the old ones once I get the new ones done.

Well maybe after the Anglisians and Merovians, currently doing work on the towns and cities, as of now each faction will start on equal ground. So each faction will have 3 Cities, 9-12 Towns, and I'm contemplating making castles not come with a village and just having the cities related to towns, its something I'm still playing with.

City wise, these are being "removed".
Khudan, Dhirim, Narra, Bariyye

GenericSoldierX said:
Are there going to be deserts/snowy areas or is the whole map going to be green?

The Steppes will be taken away to be used in the new boat code I'm looking at, snowy areas I may expand slightly and the deserts as well, not sure yet.

Update Log:
Lords of the Merovian Empire implemented, strangely enough the game autodetermined their families, causing them to inherit some land belonging to their fathers (almost all their fathers are Emirs of the Sarranid Empire strangely enough)

Back
Top Bottom