[M] OPEN_FIELDS warband mp maps

Users who are viewing this thread

well here is the deal: because of the last updates to the main game, this mod is not playable, and to make it playable I will need to remake the mod from scratch. And for each new update I would have to remake the mod again, so I tired of it and for now it has been put on ice.
However, now since it is possible to download individual maps in MP, I might extract the maps and post them in a pack for other modmakers to use. The only problem is that Taleworlds at some point changed the mapping for auto-generated trees in the terrain code, wich means that some maps now look different than when I made them. I don't know if maybe this has been corrected, but otherwise it would mean I have to go through each map and remake them...

So the short answer is yes, the mod is dead for now.

I am here to thank Guttorm for giving us at cRPG_Australia the permission to use his maps on our server.

Well it should be possible but it requires you to edit your Native module with the module system. Adding multiplayer maps won't change gameplay but I am unsure how an edited Native module affects compatability in multiplayer. I know I have had issues with this at some point. Also there have been several upgrades to Warband that changes the way multiplayer works since I was actively modding, so things may have changed. At any rate, if you are going to edit Native, always remember to store a backup copy for safety. For info on how to add maps using the module system, I wrote a small guide that you can find further up in this thread, that might help.

Back
Top Bottom