MP Native WarBand: MMO Persistent World Module!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Good luck with the mod/idea i have not much experience personally in modding but i don't see how it will work out well. but like the idea

Have you given any real thought to how you'll get round the non-linear nature of time in M&B's map-based gameplay?

I've yet to see ANY game pull off non-linear time in a multiplayer game in a manner that was both fair and not completely disruptive.

And that's just a minor hurdle this project will have to face.  More power to you if you pull it off, but there are good reasons why people are cynical about you making real progress.

Algorythm said:
Thats  right folks, you heard it first. Kopi Luwak Studios and the  Timberwolves Consortium have undertaken the development of a full scale  world map module for Warband with a persistent multi player world.

We  aim to bring the beauty and splendor that is Mount and Blade, mix it  with a dash of seductive wonder, season with a multi cultural setting  and serve it to you, the player on a platinum tray fit for a king.

We are currently looking for people to join this project. If you are interested you can post here, send an email to [email protected] or simply join the Timberwolves Consortium Teamspeak @ this address ts22.light-speed.com:8245

Regards
Algorythm

This  mod will be titled "Eternal Sun - Origin of Life". It will be our  version of a persistent campaign map with multiplayer. Included will be  the ability to run your own kingdom, expand your kingdom, recruit other  players to your cause, trade with other players. We will include time  progression, technology advancement, etc. Below is a description of  some of the features to be included, which will be added to as time  goes on.

Features
- The ability to trade with other players on the campaign map
- Players can rule a kingdom with other players and NPC vassals
- The in-game theme will begin with biblical times and move on past dark ages near end of Beta
- Map will be a scaled model of the real world
- In-game technology will be determined by time-period
- Ability to harvest resources for production and trade
...more to come

This is not a joke, if you want to help please feel free to respond. No sarcasm, flaming, antagonizing needed.

Regards
Timberwolf

Fascinating.

If you're just making it as a mod, you can't do it. If you got the source for Warband then you could yes, but it wouldn't be a mod anymore and you must realize that's a hell of a lot of work to do for free and if you can do it, so can they, but apparently they just don't want to.

Do you realize that M&B Warband does not support this, and that you will need to ask TaleWorlds for the source code? 

Impossible  project, You don't simply need the source codes or know python , you also need to understand networking on a fundamental level
How are you going to get 1000 people to talk to each other simultaneously, you would need a monster of a router stack let alone a server.

The greatest limit is not their failure to understand networking over tcp/ip its the cost that would be associated with such a project.

Kopi Luwak Studios and the Timberwolves Consortium are aiming very high and in the weeks and months to come will be posting our progress here.

Thank you to all that sent an email expressing their interest in joining the project (we will be in touch). Thank you also to those who posted a positive response.

A message to those who doubt our capacity to make this project a reality: We do not need to validate ourselves to you nor do we need to respond angrily to your posts as we all know this is the response you trollers and flamers want. You are quite entitled to your opinion and we respect that you have taken the time to troll and flame our post. More Power to you  :lol:

Kind Regards
Algorythm

This sounds like a poorly conceived April Fool's joke. If it's not, then I'd like to point out that for the amount of work involved you could make a new game from scratch, with the added bonus of actually owning it.

Well technically it cant be april fools as its posted at 31.3. even if he would live on Chrismas Islands.

Forum members,
Do you remember the people that said they will multiplayer? We all laughed out loud on it but as you see it has happened we now have Taleworlds Warband and it has multiplayer. Perhaps chances are slim but I am sure their shall be some good progress if not good campagain mode ^^.

Wu-long said:
Forum members,
Do you remember the people that said they will multiplayer? We all laughed out loud on it but as you see it has happened we now have Taleworlds Warband and it has multiplayer. Perhaps chances are slim but I am sure their shall be some good progress if not good campagain mode ^^.
wrong, who said multiplayer was impossible for a mod was right only the developers could do it and this is what happened.

Oh gods they have studio names and a huge opinion of themselves. Tell me why do you have studio names? Have you released a mod before? Have you hacked a game beyond its capabilities before?

I shall take great pleasure in spitting on the ashes of this when it fails.

Back
Top Bottom