Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

If you didn't mind disabling a weapon type to use those animations, then yes. It would be a bit weird though, combat would feel broken because damage is only usually dealt by handheld weapons intersecting enemy hitboxes, so you'd have to script it semi-manually.

Looking forward to your tennessee mod though.

video_plushie said:
jacobhinds said:
Diplomacy and native expansion etc. aren't outdated. Every new patch is backwards compatible with any mods made after 1.143. The newer patches only add things, and the things they add are completely nonessential to the player.

There aren't many calradia mods because modders tend not to want to make them. Most people want to create a mod in a setting they're interested in and are willing to sink years into, and very few people are that interested in Calradia.
[/quote

you mean the mods with some nasty glitches, including a crash glitch and 2 non-functioning quests with no word from the original developers, admitted by one of the developers? I understand people want to make their own setting, but I just want to see more love for Calradia you know...it may function but all the native based mods are not supported at all.
Look, I understand people are attached to their world and what they are interested in, and I wouldn't dream on magically taking that way from them. But that doesn't mean we should ignore Calradia either. There's a -lot- to be written there, heck look at Sword of Damoclese for that lore-wise, and so little is said about the nations canonically you can go crazy with t; I just can't belive there is zero interests.

I appreciate you helping me put my thoughts more clearly, but I still really want to see a long-running native-based mod you know?
Some mods that add new troops to calradia:
Azgad
Evlat
Calradia 1050 A.D

You could check Phantasy Calradia too , its calradia mixed with fantasy(Mostly D&D)

I want to create a mod that is set in the 1200-1300 in a medieval european like society. I don't want it to be europe but I would like to have it have many parallel's especially in culture. I really think the cultural thing is an important part of the mod, I haven't thought about it to much but maybe I would have like 3-5 culture? Anyway enough of this introduction let me skip right ahead to the features I want.

1. Diplomacy (Obviously)

2. Some sort of terrain advantage mod, I think something like this exists

3. New, interesting quests with interesting characters who actually effect the war or one of the lords etc

4. This is the long one, forgive me  :ohdear:
I would want to have a completely revamped recruitment system because the old one is incredible time consuming
and historically inaccurate (plus it just doesn't make sense). Its not original, its been used in two other mods that I know of
Blue Blood, and Anno Domini, but it is how the feudal system worked so yeah.

First of all villages, towns, and castles would be converted into Baronies, Earldoms, and Duchies (or some fictional title we come
up with). Each Barony will represent 10 villages so you have ten knights. These knights each have a squire or two and somewhere from 2-4 men at arms. In addition they each have 16 peasant levies. If possible i will want to make the death chance for knights 10 percent chance because want the player to have to ransom them back. I don't want knights to be just popping out of holes because it ruins the immersion (at least for me). I'm even thinking of making the knights each have their own id much like the mod Troop Ids or maybe make them companions... I dunno.

Anyway moving on to Earldoms, they will have 20-30 knights they provide the same amount of men though maybe less levies...
Finally Duchies or Dukedoms? Since they are towns they will be slightly different relying more on mercenaries or maybe a town watch? Maybe some levies in the mix to. The lord will certainly have some household knights who live with him in the city. The Duchies them self are the town which is like a city and all of the villages or baronies around it unlike earldoms which are independent.

5. LORE: i want to provide a lot of lore and stuff, really its those extra features that drive the player. Maybe have some quests related to the lore, I know I certainly want to invent some new lore. There will be 6-7 kingdoms I think with maybe some minor factions like thieves, renegades, etc.

6. PRICES: Ok so I know A suit of full plate armor was expensive... but 50k dinars? are you serious? you do realize thats like 5 weeks of a towns revenue? These smiths that make the stuff must be richer than the lords! I would say move the 0 over for most of the items and get some realistic prices in along with adding people at a market who will buy stuff for more than its worth.

7. ARMOR: Eliminating most of the eastern european/middle east type armor. I dunno I just don't like it in the game, This is going to be a relatively small place not the entirety of europe. In addition to this i would like to get rid of most of the leather armor (MOST NOT ALL) and replace it with gambeson which is more historically accurate, more useful, and to me, just looks better. I also want to stress that gambeson was worn under plate and mail and sometimes mail was worn under plate too so you can put that in the item name or something which would explain why the prices are slightly hirer. I also would like to add a new plate model probably from one of the preexisting mods and remove the native one because I don't think it looks all that great. Finally I want to add heraldry to the armor, for foot soldiers it can be a simple badge on their uniform. I also think it should be possible to have heraldic plate.

8. RECOURCES: Im one of those guys. I really want there to be some sort of resource collecting thing, Such as wood camps, mines: coal/iron/gold/silver/salt, Quarries, and other things. I want you to be able to build them from a menu in your fief. I also think fief taxes should be raised or something of the sort. In addition I really want to revamp the economy. I would have towns have a lot more things to sell and i would have villages produce stuff for YOU so that YOU get flour from your village.

9.Formations self explanatory

10. Trample damage: I want horses to actually push people out of the way, I want them to inflict mass amounts of damage on those it tramples. If its realistic, I want it.

11. Stamina:I want the player to have stamina. They can run out of it and than they can't really do anything, I don't want them to get exhausted from walking and maybe add a sprinting feature. I want the stamina to be realistic, not go down to fast, not go down to slow.

12. Weapon break: I want the weapons to break when you use them to much in battle

13. Improved Siege: Maybe some improved sieges?

14:Events: I want semi random events involving real characters to happen around the map. Like with lords and companions and stuff for example maybe a group of mercenaries is terrorizing the countryside, or maybe an important noblewoman is captured (or royal) by an enemy faction and you can try to rescue her or something. Or maybe there is a plague/famine that effects everyone. I think I want to make tournaments some kind of events or feasts with lots of social interactions with the lords and ladies.

15: DEATH: Yes, I want death for players and for lords. I know its possible because i've seen it done in mods before the most notable being The last days of the third age in which even the player can be killed. When you are killed you basically can't move on the map anymore and you get a death message. Lords get banished and they have a funeral pyre or something of the sort and its announced and all the npc react to the death.

16: BRYTENWALDA MOD PACK: so theres a modpack or I dunno that I saw used in Brytenwalda, and a game of thrones mod (Not the clash of kings) and it adds a bunch of good things that I would want in my mod

17: New banners: they should make sense and look like  banner and not like a piece of paper

Some things I DONT want in the mod:

1:Unrealistically powerful players who can kill 50 troops before taking any damage

2:Unrealistically powerful troops who don't take any damage

3: Extremely colorful armor (Heraldry is a different thing)

4: Female troops or armor or vassal/monarchs. Some mods do this but I want to try to make mine as realistic as possible

5: Poorly textured armor

6: Imbalanced economy: already said this

7: I don't want the player to be being constantly attacked by bandits because its just unrealistic: maybe give the player some dialouge options so he can get himself out with out fighting if he doesn't have any money. If they are taken prisoner I want them to actually FEEL like they have been taken prisoner: have dialoges happen like a quest give them chances to escape and give renown for escaping; maybe even have the lords say "I heard you escaped from..." and increase relation or something.
Thanks for reading this. I know it looks like a pretty tough challenge but most of this stuff has been done before, I just want to combine it all together for the ultimate experience.

Vraelomon said:
So you know how there's directional swinging? Is there any way to implement directional kicking?

Now that's very interesting. It would be super fun to fight those drunks with kicks and punches, or fight that way in an arena or in battles with a cheated superhuman character.

well when i finished read 30 years war on the internet so i have an idea and make it by alone but i need more companions
but there are some of items resources etc i have already made ,here is the detail that i want to make

+More new horse
+new more musket and clothes
+new map icon
+New more scenes
etc
If there you guys want to join with me contract me  :grin:

Hazzardevil said:
Take a look at Europe in Flames in the Warband released mods section, someone is already working on it, so you may want to work with them.

i know that but i want my mod is more futher than him you know and make different from him and i have made this mod before

Greetings to dear Modders and mod leaders

we{ iranian mount and blade fans}  having a new idea for making a mod , a mod in 19th century {1850 } victorian age with world map ,
it was an important age in world history , Golden age of British empire
in iran { persia } there was Qajarid dynasty in age of Nasereddin shah , Russians and british governments made iran as a slave , and fall of Mughal empire
in the mod player can start as a king or  prince { like sands of faith and hispania 1200} , we can give you all information about this era
uniforms pics of different countries , flags , cities informations  , guns pics, governemnts of the victorian era and everything about it
it can be so cool to play a mod in 1850 a.d with a world map ,
i have an idea about the map too , maybe its able to make railroads on it
european railorads until railroad of Baghdad
also add this future to player be able to make railroad in his/her kingdom
add animations in taverns for people
make the own player's city or castle
kings have childs { prince and princess} and player be able to have childs
modern cities and buldings in All cities
Diplomacy , constraction and make your own troops
real connons { look like europe in flames and l'agile mods}
bank system
invite kings of other factions to your feast or be invited by them
more trade abilities
revolts by people for high taxes and etc
add religions
Lords revolt
Special songs for every faction { like this qajarid song https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Salam-e_shah_1906.ogg for Qajarid Iran}
and many other things that if you are agree we should talk about them

i and my team are ready to help you about all information about victorian era and it events { uniforms , pictures and everthing}

Qajarid Flag

Muzaffer Ed Din Shah { heir to throne}

Qajarid Military symbol

thanks for reading

with honor
Ali Kawoosi

Hello, not sure if this is the best place I should ask, but nevermind :grin:

Is there any mod, or is it not complicated to let player create and use his own troops as a vassal or bind them to specific village/castle/town ?

Thanks in advance for any response :smile: 

Hello guys, just a random player here, but I think I got a pretty good idea for a mod and hopefully I could get some feedback from you.

So the main idea is "A Real Time Multiplayer Campaign" for the future M&B, Bannerlord

This mod would be server based, featuring the Campaign map. Players entering the server would enter the campaign map (yeah, I guess this would be the main problem)
Since I have almost no clues in programming I can't do it myself, and with the new engine I'm certainly not sure if this will be possible.

Once in the map, ingame time is the same as "real" time. Or it could be tweaked faster. But that's the concept.
This would make the game a kind of MMORPG while also ending all the problems and paradoxes of playing a multiplayer campaign, "oh my god does the game stop for others if I start a battle or enter town and so on"

After the game concept is established, comes the details, for example:
- A player comes to the server the first time. How does he go from X to Y in aceptable time? Player speed would have to be tweaked or the map size would have to be greatly magnified and customized.
- The player leaves the server or the connection drops. He leaves the map and his character and progress are saved. If one leaves while in a battle, AI takes over and battle continues versus the opponent.
The number of players in the server should be adequate to the server computacional power. Even harder (programming?) challenge because the server could potentially be holding many simultanious battles. This could only work on the server side OR I guess the battles could be hosted on client side, just giving the server the troop count to be updated on the map view and thus saving the server a lot of trouble. But then again if it's hosted in the client, how could other players in the map join the battle. (I'm just giving the ideas here)

I believe this would be one of the best multiplayer mods for the game to come, who would not love to play in Calradia with 10 - 100! other players competing for domination or just pure fun. Players could even become kings, forge aliances, be vassals, marry, and the list is endless...

There are many many details and concepts to be developed further, I'd just like to get your feedback on this and hopefully take you little time ^^

PS: About the server lobby, I know this is a totally different concept, you don't join a server and go to a scene, you join and go to the map, so the viability of this idea is pure speculation

Yep, this is the correct thread for posting this sort of thing. Not my inbox, which I forgot to mention in my reply. :razz:
Which was, for the sake of discussion, this:
Lumos said:
- Everyone has wanted to do this since the dawn of time
- Your broad idea makes sense, yes
- Hosting "instances" (battles) client-side is technically both possible and easier to do
- Writing "netcode" is extremely complicated (I've done it for a few "real" non-mod games)
- We don't know if it'll work with the new engine, that depends, we'll have to wait and see
- No worries, someone will make it. That's a concept that at least a hundred people will try and implement, if it's techinically possible.

Another idea for a small modification:

Like weapons have attack directions, also make shields with defending directions, for example:

Defending with your shield up would make you vulnerable to stab. Defending down would still defend you from all directions, but your head would be more revealed and you could get headshot. Defending right or left would make you vulnerable to oposite attack direction.

All of this would be awesome to make in a formation type of war. The character animation would have to be changed of course.

Here's an idea i came up with the other day:

Backstory
You are the King of a nation simpily known as The Republic, a nation filled with honest, hard working individuals and fair rulers. This nation was created by you, after a long brutal period of petty wars between fuedal lords and when bandits roamed the land unopposed. You are the son of a small fuedal lord who commited suicide. In your father's suicide note, he left all he held to you and wrote a sinister final line: "If I were you, my son, I would follow suit...for I could never live in such a world." So, at the tender age of 17, you were thrust into this unforgiving world; holding responsibilities no young one should ever have. But despite everything, you swore you would fight this cruel destiny, and create a world where your father could have lived happily.

By the age of 20, you had grown your small fuedal holdings left to you by your father into a formidable force, slowly growing your holdings. As you released the people from their often cruel lords, you established a council and a democracy to run affairs. Soon you were no longer just a simple fuedal lord, but a King. During your endevor to unite the land, you met a woman, whom you fell in love with and marry. She gave birth to 3 strong sons, all of which became great generals in your cause. Together you conquered the land and brought peace to its people at last.

But good times never last forever... for a menace approaches.

Present Time
"Why? Why is peace not allowed to exist?" you cry as you stand over the charred bodies of your family. Fire surrounds you, the room filled with pitch black smoke. You are in the Throne Room of the castle in The Capital, which has been sieged by The Empire. As the room begins to collapse you run towards the hidden exit, looking back once more only to see your family crushed by a fiery beam.

You awake from your hellish nightmare screaming, a cold sweat running down your body. Ever since that day, you've had the same dream almost every night. As you stand, you look out the window, down at the Final Stonghold. After the successful siege of The Capital, The Empire quickly took control of the remaining castles surrounding The Capital. You remember the horrors you heard of the actions the Empire took against your soldiers and people. After you realized many of the castles were unprepared for such a large scale assault, you ordered any attacked fort to surrender. Sadly, The Empire took no prisoners and brutally executed any soldiers who surrendered and enslaved the local people. Now, the only safehaven of The Republic is the small city of Final Stonghold on the east coast.

Many years have passed since the siege of The Capital, and you are battleworn from countless lost battles and grief striken from the lost of your family and many friends. The people grow increasingly restless as the days go by and The Empire approaches. You realize this is the Final Stand against The Empire. You call for an assembly of the people and deliver a passionate and emotion filled speech. During the speech, you beg for 50,000 men to take up arms and follow you for an offensive against The Empire. You plan to take back The Capital in order to gain a foothold on the war; hopefully enough to push back The Empire. You give the men one week to decide if they are going to fight and tell them to meet near the river leading towards The Capital.
During the week before the offensive, a man in strange clothing appears before you as you sleep. He claims he is from the islands off the coast. He tells you he has heard tales of an evil Empire approaching his island and he even suspects they have already landed on the island. He offers me a deal: take out the small force sent by The Empire on his island and he will send as much troops as possible to assist in the siege of The Capital. If you were to accept this, you would risk The Empire hearing word about your planned offensive and reinforce The Capital. Should you help the strange man or continue the invasion without his help?
As you approach the river, a messenger appears. He informs you that 100,000 volunteers had enlisted, but despite this seemingly wonderful news, the messenger did not appear happy...Climbing over a hill you look down at your Army, all 100,000 of them. Slowly, you begin to shead tears. Your Army consisted of women, the elderly, children, adolescents, and wounded soldiers. Many of the "soldiers" carried no weapons and the few "weapons", much of them being farming equipment, being used were in terrible condition. "All hope is lost...perhaps I should have followed suit, Father." you whisper. As you begin to think about disbanding your Army, a woman approaches you. "Do not lose hope, for that is the name of my child." she says as she looks downwards, "I chose to fight for Hope, for a better future" Her words echo in your head, giving back your lost hope.. You look ahead, towards The Capital, and begin your march.

-----------

That's it. This will be a story of sacrifice, hope and patriotism. You will begin the game with the 100,000 soldiers (plus some trained troops) near The Capital, which will have 5,000 troops garrisoned. The whole idea is to retake all of the lost land taken by The Empire and restore order and implement unity once again.

- During the story I repeatedly stated the character is male, but a female option is open. I just wanted the story to sound better.
- I would like this mod to take place after a fictional dark age in a fictional world. The name would be <insert year>: The Final Stand. As for the name of the Empire and any other name, that is a placeholder name.
- The number of troops is also subject to change, i know M&B can"t handle huge battle sizes. But i would like to refrain from only having a final stand force of only 200, thats just silly  :neutral:
- I know the child soldier prospect is a bit graphic, but i want to create a sense of desperation and show this is really the final stand.
- Many will die in the siege, but i would like for the volunteers to at least desl some damage to the Empire troops, not like 1 damage each hit, maybe 5 or 7, make them have a chance of winning.
- The whole map will be small, only including The Republic, The Empire, and the Island (hidden by Fog of War). The Republic will only have a few castles and cities close together and the Empire will have one city in the north, untakable until the end (also hidden).
- I'm not sure what to theme the 2 (maybe 3) factions on or what time period to model them after. I was thinking about having the island people have guns, or advanced crossbows, so not to much into the past. I was thinking The Republic = typical european nation; The Empire = Chinese/Japanese--from an island, that'd be cool; Island = french?

- a small mod, with a lot of work to be done

------------
I would work on this mod myself, but I'm terrible at modeling and graphic design. I believe I can figure out the coding aspect myself with some tutorials here and there. I would love to have custom scenes for each Republic city and custom map icons!

Thanks for reading!  :grin: :grin: :grin:
sorry for the crappy ending with the pregant lady, i suck at endings. also, i know i use "and" a lot, its a bad habbit.

Hello all! New face here on the forum. Interested in the creation of a proper three kingdoms period mod using the viking conquest engine (if thats even a remote possibility). Too colorful, interesting and fun a time period to be left in the dark imo.

Back
Top Bottom