Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Rory said:
I love thew myth stuff, (Thor has the hammer) and I think that this is an excelent idea for a mod.  The Norse believed that the world would end in Ragnarok where the gods fight a battle that destroys the world, and the Greek gods were constantly bickering.  Both mythologies have clear geographies, unit types and weapons.  I am currently involved in a mod, but I support this idea.
Thor, that's the one. Edited, thanks.

I think the Drenai Tales saga in general would be good, with the Drenai, Vagrians, Ventrians and Gothir, along with the Nadir as the major factions.

Two ideas - Worms 3D mod - funny as hell.

Bored of the Rings mod - Legolam, Goodgulf, Spam, Frito and Dildo Bugger, Giblet, Goddamn etc, Sorhed, would be brilliant.

Surprisingly, there is no Viking mod. Totalcommander didn't want my idea, he has started on "WWII mod". Logo:

knud-bergslien-hafrsfjord.jpg
[/img]

Weapons:

Finnish bow
French steel sword
Dane axe

Troops:

Berserkers
Ørvargarpur (some sort of kings guard I think)
Hirdmann (the same, maybe Ørvagarp  would be one upgrade higher)
Bogemann (archer)
Leiding (I think it's called that. THe leidand is sort of a levy)
Spydsvein (spearman)
Øksesvein (axeman)
Stallare (horseman)
Ulvhednir (crazed guy in wolf skin)
Huskar (footman type of unit)

Late Rome period mod.
Nations migrations, various barbarian incursions, rebellious generals, Huns, Goths, religions  etc. It could be interesting.
And yes, I'm inspired by Marcus Antonius mod and some books I'm reading right now.
Unfortunately I have no time to work on it myself as 90% of my time I spend out of home and city I'm living because of my  job.
Regards

Merlkir said:
hm. try 1066, you'll find plenty of vikings in  there.

Yeah I know, but that's 200 years later, and you don't get the pleasure of seeing them fight eachother.

Maybe we (me and someone else) could borrow the naval battle system from Yoshi's pirate mod, that would be perfect for my mod. We'd just have to change the icon, removing cannons, and there you go.

Swordmaster said:
Huns? Hmm, maybe I can help you. But what are you going to do? Modelling?Scripting? or Texturing?
I'm glad you like my idea.
The sad part is I can do no modeling nor scripting and texturing. Beside this I spend 12 hours a day 5 days a week  in my work far away from home (in another city) and my computer so there is little chance I'll ever do anything :sad: I've just shared my idea.
Sorry to dissapoint you...
Regards

Sorry, I don't know where to write this. I need a modeler for armors, weapons and equipment. But he can only help me, under the conditon that he had played Aoe2 TC more than even one times, best is when he has played it 15-20 times or more.

It would be nice to see more historical mods, like in example XVI-XVII century and Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish-lithuanian_commonwealth
In this period Poland was one of most powerfull countries in Europe, fighting with almost all neighbours - Sweden, Russia, Turkey, Cossacks.
Huge possibilities and  interesting units like hussars (heavy armored, polish cavalry with wings on their armors), turkish, swedish armies, groups of deserters, steppe nomads - Tatars, a lot of mercenaries units ( german, scottish, swedish, hungarian (mainly infantry), equipedd with halberds, pikes, bardiches, muskets).

Plenty of different wepons, including firearms, bows, polearms, and of course SABRES, SABRES and more SABRES.

Pity that i sucks in modeling and programming :sad:

(P.S. - Before you'll start blaming my spelling and grammar, I'm not native english speaker - my polish is much better :razz:  )

Everyone, thanks for continuing to use this thread.

BUT PLEASE - try to take the DISCUSSION of your mod ideas to a new thread / PM.

THIS THREAD IS INTENDED FOR TWO TYPES OF POST

ONE - 'I have a mod idea - here are the details'

TWO - 'I like your idea, PM me and we can start working on it'

It will make it easy for people to see who has had what idea, and if anyone else has already volounteered to work on it.

When the mod idea becomes a mod project, the original poster CAN edit their post to show a link to the dedicated mod thread.

that's all!!!

I have a mod idea, but would never be able to do it because I'm a "computer retard".

My Idea.

Mount and Blade: Indian Wars

Here is the basic concept.
There are two factions. U.S. Army and Native Americans. The US Army's units include Infantrymen and Cavalry (upgrades would be like "Private to Corporal to Sgt to Leiutenant to Captain to Major) or something like that(also, "Buffalo Soldiers" or African-American soldiers could also be recruited). The Natives could have an interesting upgrade tree. You could recruit Navajo's, Apache, and just about any kind of Indian from the West.

The Caravans could be replaced by Settler Wagon Trains and Indian trading parties.
The weapons would be basicaly Bows and Arrows, Revolvers, Civil War Era muskets, Repeating Rifles, various hand held native weapons, various US Army sabers.

US Army Parties could be labeled: Scouts, Foragers, Raiders, Patrol
Natives: Scouts, Foragers, Raiders, War party

Other recruitable people could be White Settlers, and other "less aggressive" Indian tribes for Scouts etc.
You could be free to choose your side, you could fight with the Army, or join with the Indians.
You could find out of Fettermans quote of "With 80 men I could ride through the Souix Nation" is true, or false as he found out in real life when he was massacred with exactly 80 men with him.

I think this would be a simple mod to do, yet an awesome one, because M&B is perfect for it allready. It uses the same kind of warfare (raiding parties etc) that took place between the US Army and Native Americans.

Please make a response if you'd be interested in undertaking this.

Back
Top Bottom