How to change weapon stats?

Users who are viewing this thread

DC0

Recruit
I've done some searching but no results. Could anyone please explain how do I change weapon statistics?
I want to add damage to crossbows (any type of of them, including masterwork). And I want to decrese Power Draw skill bonus from 14% to 5%.

If crossbows were that powerful, then you could shred cavalry. So I would also add damage a horses charge. Now that would make it more realistic. I mean think about how many times you can run over a dude and he just jumps right back up and spears you. You ever been stepped on by a horse??? It ain't pretty...

I don't want to make crossbow powerful like ballista. I'd add only 10 ddamage to each type of them, except for 14 to siege.
Horse charge could be revised, too. But thinking about it, I believe I should leave it intact, since AI doesn't properly react to horses - enemies almost don't dodge horses. So if horse charge would be increased, all the fighting can be like driving a bulldozer.

Probably the easiest way. the item editor http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,27735.0.html

Or you can edit them directly.

It's in item_kinds1.txt, search for: itm_hunting_crossbow to get to the top of the list.
itm_hunting_crossbow Hunting_Crossbow Hunting_Crossbow 1  crossbow 0  6357001 5637160960 22 131082 2.250000 100 0 0 0 0 0 47 50 0 1 284 0

itm_light_crossbow Light_Crossbow Light_Crossbow 1  light_crossbow 0  6357001 5637160960 67 131082 2.500000 100 0 0 0 8 0 45 59 0 1 290 0
etc

Those numbers at the end are the damage. There is 256 for each type, 1-256 = Cutting, 257-512 = Piercing, etc. So just up those by 10 each (and 14 for the Siege) and there ya go.

Thanks to all for good advices. I've used item editor. Upped all crossbow damage by 5, also gave metal bolts +5 damage. +10 damage to crossobws turned out to be too much.

If you use Morghs Editor, use Item editor then search your item and there's 'Accuracy' on the right

egP5sYE.png

If you want to change weapon, armor, horse or item stats, you must download Morgh's M&B Editor. Now, when you start editor, go to TXT compiled files I think, this is on bottom, and find your mount and blade module. Than ok, than ok again. So module config are saved. Now go to items, and choose what you want stats to edit. Example: Find arrows change name, and on right side you can edit cost of arrows, damage, weight, gravity... When you start editing you will see. When. finish every item or anything go on update item or something like that on right top. When you finish editing class which you choose go to save changes and twice click yes. When you finish at all. Go start new game and changes will be loaded. If you load previous what you saved Edited items or whatever won't be loaded.

This is link of editor: http://www.mountandblade.mircon.de/wp/morghs-mb-wbwfas-editor/morghs-mount-blade-wbwfas-editor-en/

Back
Top Bottom