Mod discussion thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Would it be possible to put the mod in different download links to speed up download?--Such as one link for Textures and another for meshes etc. etc.. I'm downloading it right now and its going to take 4 hours. If it was split up into different links where we could download and put in the main folder, it would greatly speed up download time.

Damn i miss this mod. I'm building a new computer in spring and i will be hardcore playing this all summer along with Vikingr.

You're right. I just got an urge to play it again.
And Vikingr is also one of the best MP mod.

I hope this mod's devs will continue to improve it, even if takes them 10 years.

A stable single and multiplayer version for Warband (with all the features you may add now) would be my dream as well!
Maybe with enhanced lithuanians and prussians as minor factions.

Do not read only the first sentence from wiki. Please, read the whole article, carefully.
And sure, you will get the answer, why there are Mindaugas and Lithuania in the mod, but is no GDL in the 1237.

Actually it'd be cool to have something for the pagan balts, I really liked the simplified yet effective solution of generalized crusaders or rus faction. A stable, ported version is still my main dream, tough. This is one of my favourite mods, it has a unique, amazing atmosphere, splendid scenes and equipment and a setting I'm much into. A pity old mb can't handle it.  :wink:

Lithuania as a mirror faction ? I can't understand this ... Why ? in XIII century Lithuania was a Country with king , lords , army and lands. 

Lithuania NON-PLAYABLE
Poland PLAYABLE ..

PEOPLE YOU are crazy. Polish was like Lithuania in XIII century exept the religion but all was the same ...

Lukas_Sidla said:
Lithuania as a mirror faction ? I can't understand this ... Why ? in XIII century Lithuania was a Country with king , lords , army and lands. 

Lithuania NON-PLAYABLE
Poland PLAYABLE ..

PEOPLE YOU are crazy. Polish was like Lithuania in XIII century exept the religion but all was the same ...
Yeah sure and they both are comparable by the size of their territories :grin:

hey i like the mod it look great..but i dont play mount&blade there is any way you can do this mod for mount&blade warband? :grin:

I fired up this mod the other day, and it looks pretty impressive, although there are a few details that were never finished.  A shame that it wasn't completed.  Was it ever completely ported to WB (which I don't have)?  That was apparently still in progress (beta?) when this thread more or less stopped being updated.

Getting started seems to be a challenge, especially if your combat skills as a player are less than stellar (my reflexes are not what they were 30-40 years ago - my character died twice while trying to equip a sword to complete a "go kill..." task, and never even got a swing in).  I spent about 4-5 hours over two evenings trying to find some way of making some coin, and the only bandit parties I spotted were either 17 Sea Raiders, 24 Deserter Knights, 14 Steppe Bandits, etc.  A lone and under-equipped rider on a slow horse stands no chance against them (I've been killed from behind more times than I can reasonably count), and I can't seem to get a mission that I can actually do, to earn either cash or the positive relations to recruit a party.  I apparently don't have the trading skills to make a profit buying and selling anything.  Any advice from someone who's played it, other than "JUST get a 3000 denar sword, some 8000 denar armor, and a 2000 denar horse and kill everything", which is kind of impossible with about 1000-1500 denars and mediocre reflexes.  Thanks.

[ In retrospect, aside from the too-frequent complete lockups of the game (which require a hard reboot of your PC), several dialogs which you can't get out of (and require shutting down the game with Task Manager), and the "usual" bug plaguing most mods that consistently and repeatedly crashes your game after some number of hours (which was corrected in several other major mods after this one was abandoned, but not this mod), the most odious and unfortunate "issue" is the persistent "advertisement" by the mod developer that remains in the upper left corner of EVERY Mount & Blade game from then on, appearing in vanilla M&B and every other mod.  The only way to remove it is to delete and reinstall Mount & Blade.  That's not an accident, it's an intentional affront to the user.  Since then, I've discovered the 1257 AD "Middle Europe" mod to the 1257 AD mod, which covers a roughly similar timeframe and region as this.  Considering the amount of effort and care that obviously went into this mod, it's a shame to see it end up in this condition. ]

-------

Later edit:
Fired up this mod again after a year or so of playing other mods (1257 Middle Europe - a variant of the 1257 mod, and The Eagle and the Wolves - a loosely "Arthurian" Britain mod), and have a more experienced view of it now as a player.  There are several aspects of the mod that are very good, detailed, and historically accurate.  There are also several issues that I have with balance and personal preferences of the mod author.  Most critically, Lithuania and Russia are heavily buffed compared to Poland, the Crusaders, and Mongols: I built up a 30+ man party that could easily take on a Polish, Crusader, or Mongol army 50% larger than my own with only trivial to light casualties, but facing a small Lithuanian or Russian patrol even half my own veteran party's size was a guaranteed disaster.  In one instance, I took on a group of 15 Russians, and managed to personally lance or bow-shot around 8 of them before taking a javelin hit that inflicted close to 150% of my hitpoints in a single shot.  I needed 3 hits to take out one guy, they put me out of the fight with one.  The remaining 7 Russians then proceeded to wipe the floor with the rest of my 30+ man party, and only lost another 2 men in the process.  One Russian faced off against 4 of my own troops at once, and killed all 4 of them: 4 swings, 4 kills.  One sided, a bit?

I'm STILL steamed up about the shameless bit of advertising that the mod author puts in the upper left corner of the screen ("....narod.ru") in red, which is NOT removed by uninstalling the mod; you have to wipe the program completely and reinstall to get rid of it.  I like playing either Poles, Crusaders, or Mongols against each other, but as soon as Lithuania or Russia get involved, it's just not fun.  They get higher stats, longer and slightly higher damage weapons for their own factions, and other bonuses which are simply not realistic or fun, in my opinion, but make playing Russia relatively "easy mode" (Lithuania isn't playable, and the player character begins with them being hostile, so you can't even visit their towns).  It's well worth seeing this mod for all of the excellent work that went into it, but annoying that a few details limit the enjoyment, and the stupid ad means that you've got to jump through hoops to get rid of it afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom