Suggestions thread (please don't ask questions here!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Formations would be nice. Specifically, a column 5-8 ranks deep. That would be nice. It would also be nice if we could have more specific orders (I.E Crossbowmen and archers rather than just archers, heavy infantry and light infantry rather than just infantry, heavy cavalry and missile cavalry rather than just cavalry.)

PoP hasn´t got an autoupgrade thingie nor will it ever get one.
You may mistake it for the autoloot function which is totally weird and best not used as it´s usually purely taking price into consideration wether or not to equip an item.

That's what i meant.
I understand, I thought it somehow looked at an item's stats or something but if it is indeed simply the price I can see why it's not needed.

the ability to advance villages to towns to cities then to city/keeps would be an awesome thing with city keeps having 2x as much siegely fun (they have to conquer the first wall then the second

I'd like to see more variety and use in upgrading villages, towns and castles - as well as more management options. Basically lots of the stuff from PoP and the custom settlements mod sort of thing.

A few thoughts I've developed while playing the latest beta.

On sounds: I love what you have done here, they really add to the setting. Only one small complaint, the bell sfx that plays in some towns loops a bit too fast, it gets annoying rather fast. Also, no offense to the voice talents but some of the Teuton battlecries (the ones marked 03) are cringeworthy and detract from the overall experience.

I've noticed some economic balancing and I hope you continue this trend. There is a bit of a gap between mission rewards and regular expenses (equipment, wages) that renders missions largely unprofitable and necessary for the relations only. This makes the game rather tough at the start as you have to take missions to get troops, but you can't make any real profits to hold on to troops until you can start looting and taking prisoners. which you don't have the troops for.

While I love the visual variety of armors there doesn't seem to be much actual difference between them, save cost. Aside from looking better there seems to be little incentive to go from common mail armors to the ones that the commanders are wearing. I'd like to see a better progression of armor values from the lowest to the highest, with price and quality translating into effectiveness more clearly. Also because of the relative sameness of armor values coupled with the high troop stats in powerstrike and weapon skills, armor does little more than provide a slight edge in combat rather than meaningful protection.  I'm not suggesting you take the RCM route, but I think some heightened protection is needed to compensate for the high troop stats.

Loving the new missions so far, while a bit obscure at times they are a breath of fresh air compared to the native quests. I would like to see some new marshal/campaign missions too, scouting and finding cattle gets a little old, raid or search and destroy missions would be interesting. Also it would be sensible if there were some kind of progression in missions according to your renown and relations and vassal status,  after all I doubt that lords would ask their peers to go round up cattle or fetch horses for them, though they are entirely appropriate for a lowborn mercenary.

The-Doc said:
Also, no offense to the voice talents but some of the Teuton battlecries (the ones marked 03) are cringeworthy and detract from the overall experience.

More precisely, they sound like they're variations of a small number of base battlecries obtained by changing the speed at which they are played.
So sometimes, it sounds like some of the fierce bearded germans have just took a deep breath of helium...

Sidus Preclarum said:
So sometimes, it sounds like some of the fierce bearded germans have just took a deep breath of helium...

Ha! My first thought exactly! I replaced all those files pretty quickly. When I was playing Rus though there was something vaguely disturbing about having a cacophony of munchkins at the gates.

The-Doc said:
On sounds: I love what you have done here, they really add to the setting. Only one small complaint, the bell sfx that plays in some towns loops a bit too fast, it gets annoying rather fast.
+1. They really make me mad now :smile:. I wrote about this on the official forum about a week ago.
The-Doc said:
Sidus Preclarum said:
Ha! My first thought exactly! I replaced all those files pretty quickly. When I was playing Rus though there was something vaguely disturbing about having a cacophony of munchkins at the gates.
I think that the sounds for several factions will be re-recorded. I guess, you have noticed the difference in quality of Rus warcries (recorded by гЭнЫк, a frontman for the folk-metal band, i.e. a professional) and other warcries (recorded by the mod fans).

The-Doc said:
While I love the visual variety of armors there doesn't seem to be much actual difference between them, save cost. Aside from looking better there seems to be little incentive to go from common mail armors to the ones that the commanders are wearing. I'd like to see a better progression of armor values from the lowest to the highest, with price and quality translating into effectiveness more clearly. Also because of the relative sameness of armor values coupled with the high troop stats in powerstrike and weapon skills, armor does little more than provide a slight edge in combat rather than meaningful protection.  I'm not suggesting you take the RCM route, but I think some heightened protection is needed to compensate for the high troop stats.

I disagree, but your argument does have some validity to it. The hauberaks and old mails are a little strong, making them almost equal to faction specific armor. Other than that take note of the unit specific armor. For example; the crusader ritterbruder armor while having only 2 more armor points at generic level, after improved to lordly armor has a significant degree of better quality. I think if the quality of armor on some of the bandits were reduced slightly and some of the studded leather armors, the faction specific armors would be more meaningful. An incredible degree of tuning is already apparent in that medium cavalry and medium infantry scales quite nicely.

aggietex84 said:
Other than that take note of the unit specific armor. For example; the crusader ritterbruder armor while having only 2 more armor points at generic level, after improved to lordly armor has a significant degree of better quality. I think if the quality of armor on some of the bandits were reduced slightly and some of the studded leather armors, the faction specific armors would be more meaningful.

Speaking of I'd rather see the quality modifiers done away with altogether and replaced with new items to represent the craftsmanship. Who would ever buy a lordly leather jerkin or a masterwork butcher knife anyway? The generic item itself should denote the quality, i.e. elite armor is defacto sturdy, rather than a modifier giving armor a minor boost for a massively inflated price. The mod seems to be trending this way already, with different graphics for different quality levels.

The-Doc said:
aggietex84 said:
Other than that take note of the unit specific armor. For example; the crusader ritterbruder armor while having only 2 more armor points at generic level, after improved to lordly armor has a significant degree of better quality. I think if the quality of armor on some of the bandits were reduced slightly and some of the studded leather armors, the faction specific armors would be more meaningful.

Speaking of I'd rather see the quality modifiers done away with altogether and replaced with new items to represent the craftsmanship. Who would ever buy a lordly leather jerkin or a masterwork butcher knife anyway? The generic item itself should denote the quality, i.e. elite armor is defacto sturdy, rather than a modifier giving armor a minor boost for a massively inflated price. The mod seems to be trending this way already, with different graphics for different quality levels.

That's quite a good point, but then you have to take into account there prolly is an intem number limit somewhere...

Sidus Preclarum said:
That's quite a good point, but then you have to take into account there prolly is an intem number limit somewhere...

Ah, I forgot about that. And considering the number of items in RusXIII they are probably getting there.

also there ARE different quality of the same weapon and not including the blacksmithing it

ive seen rus mechs with 40-43 at the same quality level

Congrats on the great mod,however,you CAN improve it,firstly TACTICAL OPTIONS!!! As someone before me suggested,a battle formation 6-7 columns deep would be sweet!Makes you feel like in a real battle. Love the new looting system.It shouldn't be tempered with.
Secondly,a bit more varied scenes for villages.Maybe implement Polished Buildings...That would also work nicely.
Thirdly,battle ability to shout out a warcry and shake your enemies morale. And battle ability to rally your troops.I have lost like a dozen battles by now,only because my troops keep fleeing and I have no way to stop them from doing so.
That would be it.Amazing job on the mod.If this is a beta,I tremble at the thought how the full version will be like.

Back
Top Bottom