Maintenance thread (bugs, glitches, errors, problems etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

noosers said:
Eg. I got the "bring me andalusian horsie wannahavemusthave quest". While I went off to Cherson purchasing one and coming back the Crusaders launched a 15 lords war party into Poland and the lord in question got himself captured and ever since rots in Wroclaw. The quest is soon about to expire and I´m really looking forward to what will happen. I hope nothing. Poland and Crusader are at war, so sneaking in was an option but what would a lord do with a 15k denarii war horse in a prison?
It sounds crazy, but you will be able to finish this quest if you sneak there and talk to the lord in the dungeon. :grin:

I have a problem when attacking some of the cities
my game crashed
and I write this - "RGL ERROR" with info: "unable to lock vertex buffer" or "unable to restore vertex buffer"

JoG said:
It sounds crazy, but you will be able to finish this quest if you sneak there and talk to the lord in the dungeon. :grin:

Well, I took the -1 relation penalty and kept the horse. Seemed the finer solution to creeping through half the damn Pols countryside.

Btw:
The bandit ambush is pretty nice, but 445 bandits is a bit overkill jumping out of the bush like that and chopping my poor small 55 head party to even smaller pieces. How about tuning this down to three or four times the actual player party size?

Reporting a nasty one:
After agreeing to take the quest to deliver goods to another city the dialogue freezes. Player character accepts the quest but nothing happens when I click the mouse to go to the next line of the dialogue. That's not a crash as the character moves - so the game keeps on working, but there is no way to leave the dialogue. And I have to restart M&B.

Ulfhednar said:
Reporting a nasty one:
After agreeing to take the quest to deliver goods to another city the dialogue freezes. Player character accepts the quest but nothing happens when I click the mouse to go to the next line of the dialogue. That's not a crash as the character moves - so the game keeps on working, but there is no way to leave the dialogue. And I have to restart M&B.

SO that makes 4 of us :p

Sidus Preclarum said:
Ulfhednar said:
Reporting a nasty one:

SO that makes 4 of us :p

5 :razz:

And i also want to report another bug/crash. When i get close of Velikiy ( Rus city ) The game always crash. Probably something to do with NPC dialogue or something like that.

noosers said:
Btw:
The bandit ambush is pretty nice, but 445 bandits is a bit overkill jumping out of the bush like that and chopping my poor small 55 head party to even smaller pieces. How about tuning this down to three or four times the actual player party size?
This should be a very tough task for the player. Yeah, as I understand, the number of bandits has already been decreased since 0.550 (where you could have a nice meeting with 900-1000 bandits :grin:). Probably, the number of bandits should be decreased but their troop quality needs to be increased. Don't forget that the bandits make an ambush on the particular person because they want to punish him. Thus, they should have an advantage over player (noone will attack if he is at a disadvantage). The thing is that the advantage in troop quality could be beaten by the factor of the player participation (he is mounted, so theoretically he can kill several dozens of high-tier troops alone). So, they need to have the significant advantage in troop quantity.

Ulfhednar said:
Reporting a nasty one:
Just press Tab and retake the quest. Everything should work fine in this way.
Surprisingly, I didn't have this bug in 0.610, but I have it in 0.620...

Another one - this time a crash
After a pretty hard battle with 100 participants on each side the game crashed when I wanted to make a save. Popup window said something about C++ visual I believe, but I can't recall it exactly.

JoG said:
This should be a very tough task for the player. Yeah, as I understand, the number of bandits has already been decreased since 0.550 (where you could have a nice meeting with 900-1000 bandits :grin:). Probably, the number of bandits should be decreased but their troop quality needs to be increased. Don't forget that the bandits make an ambush on the particular person because they want to punish him. T

You need to take into consideratino WHEN the player encounteres the bandit ambush. He´s nowhere close to fielding anything high enough in quality or numbers to ward off a 10 times ambush as you do these quests early game when you  need the relations with the villages to acquire cheap garrison bunk troopers fast.
I´ve got the suspicion this quest gets triggered after something like 5 or 6 free village from farmer quests. Even if you reload and avoid the trap, you´ll get the same quest with the next farmer again so basically you need to avoid all farmers till you can field large enough quality troopers to make up for the bandit numbers.

Even against 450 instead of 1000 odds were 9vs1 and you start with something like 5 troopers vs 75 if you play standard size. Killing 75 troops on your own is quite a feat - be it low garbage chunk troopers like the average bandit or heavier troops. It´s unwinnable on 100%+ difficulty as you´ll be swarmed and overwhelmed. Quantity beats quality. Your horse won´t live forever. I was using one of the best mounts available and was able to take out 45 opponents before I got trapped in corner,  *****slapped, downtrodden, squeezed up and cut down as you need minimal space to manveuver around, avoid horses and swing your weapon. And 500 accumulated bandits ain´t a ambush anymore, that´s a friggin horde invading a country. The largest AI parties I´ve seen so far are roughly 250 troopers for Royals, 300 maybe for Liuthian.

Whatever, if you link the amount to player party size and tactics skill to say three times the player party size and another twenty for every point spent on tactics you´ll STILL end up with a really tough and tight ambush situation, but a winnable one.

Again, this is a pure balancing issue but I don´t think anyone seriously regards this a lategame quest when you flood anything with a gazillion Ritterbrueder, so a further downgrade like I suggested may be approbiate. But thats just my point of view.

For anyone encountering the infinte loophole smith quest:
Reject it.
Leave the scenery.
Speak again to the Guildmaster
Take it, get the goods, deliver them.

noosers said:
For anyone encountering the infinte loophole smith quest:
Reject it.
Leave the scenery.
Speak again to the Guildmaster
Take it, get the goods, deliver them.

Sorry for quoting myself. This should help you or anyone else, graycloak.

Ok about that "RGL ERROR"
I've turned off all shadows - Shadow Quality = Low, and turned off "Use Pixel Shaders" option.
Now it's working fine, didin't get any CDT's anymore

I have other problem, when i begin battle:

Error: Unable to load mount_and_blade_title_screen.ogg

I have 4GB RAM 2GB VRAM and Windows 7(Maby this is a problem)
Can U help me?

aggietex84 said:
New bug, party members with paintable shields, Shield changes art every time you see them. Therefore you can't equip your party members with a consistent shield art. Only yourself.
The above is just a bug report.

Do need help with the following.
I can not find the file "effect.txt" and after loading the game, in the upper lefthand corner I get the error message "effect.txt status fail." Any thoughts?

pasterz861 said:
I have other problem, when i begin battle:

Error: Unable to load mount_and_blade_title_screen.ogg

I have 4GB RAM 2GB VRAM and Windows 7(Maby this is a problem)
Can U help me?
mount_and_blade_title_screen.ogg normally can be found in mound&blade_directory/music
So it's not a part of the mod, it's part of the game itself.
Try reinstalling M&B

aggietex84 said:
Do need help with the following.
I can not find the file "effect.txt" and after loading the game, in the upper lefthand corner I get the error message "effect.txt status fail." Any thoughts?
AFAIK effect.txt is part of the HDR mod. It enables some processing-power-hungry post-effects, therefore Damon decided to exclude it. Apart from annoying message, it's harmless.

Did the Bloody Knife Quest to prove a guy's innocence but when I hand it in, it's still in my quest log and I still have the bloody knife (despite getting the actual rewards).

Back
Top Bottom