(Updated 10/03/2023) The Necronomicon - Download Page

Users who are viewing this thread

So this mod is kind of bringing Mount & Blade (or should I say Warrider) to its roots?.. maybe over doing it a bit, though.

I really like it.

Food for thought to throw in. Will undead troops and living troops both be commanded under the same leadership skill?

Kasimir said:
I really like it.

Food for thought to throw in. Will undead troops and living troops both be commanded under the same leadership skill?

Yes.

I am having trouble implementing flaming items though - I just made a formal post about it in the modders section of the forums - any help there would be duly appreciated. :grin:

And I am thrilled everybody is so stoked about this mod - I added graverobbing last night, which yields at least graveyard soil (a reagent for some recipes), and randomly corpses, gold, and diamonds. I might add a few more items but thats what I have for now. Also, there is a chance the guards will attack you (ala sneaking into an enemy town), and I am working on giving the player a shovel instead of a pole when fighting their way out.

Fun stuff! I am adding things to the mod so much I haven't been able to playtest it much! Gotta go look for more raw material. *Grabs shovel.* Until next time...

One day the great portal will tear the portal appart.

Twelve daemons riding twelve dragons with twenty four heads will ride down on Earth, searching for one mortal to become a king in very sad and dark place.

That day, modding comunity will lose N0ught.

We will fight to the death for N0ught! The devils will have him only over our dead bodies!

N0ught said:
Kasimir said:
I really like it.

Yes.

I am having trouble implementing flaming items though - I just made a formal post about it in the modders section of the forums - any help there would be duly appreciated. :grin:

And I am thrilled everybody is so stoked about this mod - I added graverobbing last night, which yields at least graveyard soil (a reagent for some recipes), and randomly corpses, gold, and diamonds. I might add a few more items but thats what I have for now. Also, there is a chance the guards will attack you (ala sneaking into an enemy town), and I am working on giving the player a shovel instead of a pole when fighting their way out.

Fun stuff! I am adding things to the mod so much I haven't been able to playtest it much! Gotta go look for more raw material. *Grabs shovel.* Until next time...
Suggestion, if you manage to beat the guards, maeby you could get their fresh bodys aswell? Plus, the rotten bodys ofcourse.

Temuzu said:
We will fight to the death for N0ught! The devils will have him only over our dead bodies!

You think we would stop there? This is a necromancy mod N0ught is working on.

hello, long time lurker coming out of hiding to say: This mod looks amazing!!
I really liked Blood and can't wait to see what you do with this one.
you seem to have a thing for eyes in your logos don't you?

So, will Solid and Shade be set in the native world or will you be altering it?

About grave robbing. Will you add actual cemetery map icons (similar to cattle/farms in Fire arrow) or will the option be available in settlements? Perhaps make old battlefields (the ones you see with pathfinding) lootable for corpses.

Demons - slightly more powerful than zombies, and you get ten for one recipe (Candles, Spice, Blood and Gold). Perfect for padding an army:
Demon.jpg

Golems - the recipe is expensive but its worth it (Graveyard Soil, Blood, Diamonds and Tools). These automatons are the hard-hitters of the troops available to a necromancer:
Golem.jpg

SXIII said:
...Will you add actual cemetery map icons (similar to cattle/farms in Fire arrow) or will the option be available in settlements?...

Graverobbing will be an option from town menus - you have to have a shovel in your inventory (working on getting it to recognize if you have one wielded as well).

Lord_Frodo said:
So, will Solid and Shade be set in the native world or will you be altering it?

It will be set in the native world, with some texture changes (mostlly from my blood mod), and some small changes I would consider fixes. There will be other necromancer armies eventually, but the native troops and factions will stay the same.

I have already implemented a lot, and now I'm fixing things and tweaking things. More soon! :twisted:

Can't wait!!
so how will the crafting work? will we need to use NPCs like in blood? will we find crafting on the camp menu?
what about recipes? will the character need to know them or just the player?

so many questions frodo, maybe he wants to keep this close to the vest.  :grin:

Beautiful creations! I particularly like the demons, they look absolutely wicked.

Will creatures require wages at all? Or food?

I think scythes may become far more popular in this mod. :grin:

Lord_Frodo said:
Can't wait!!
so how will the crafting work? will we need to use NPCs like in blood? will we find crafting on the camp menu?
what about recipes? will the character need to know them or just the player?

so many questions frodo, maybe he wants to keep this close to the vest.  :grin:

The crafting for the most part will be via The Necronomicon on the first camp menu - I had it under reading books, but that took two extra menus to get anything done. It's better now. There will also be a particular npc you have to go to for very high level stuff (and for replacing your Necronomicon if it is stolen). Recipes will be basic "if you have Y items and/or Y troops then trade for X items and/or X troops", though finding the ingredients for some will seem like a quest in itself...

Kasimir said:
Beautiful creations! I particularly like the demons, they look absolutely wicked.

Will creatures require wages at all? Or food?

I think scythes may become far more popular in this mod. :grin:

Creatures will be just like normal troops - even demons have to eat after all, and golems require regular maintenance. :mrgreen:

Plus it's just easier that way. :razz:

I'm rolling around ideas for the ultimate mounts - I might stick with the "nightmares" I have already shown, but I think there needs to be more variety. We will see.

(Insert everyone else's comments here)!

Thanks for all the support guys - I was hoping this mod would be received well. You make something this dark and gruesome it's always a gamble. I guess you could say life for me lately has been... inspiring where this mod is concerned...

And anyway it was about time a COMPLETE horror mod got out there.

And to the guy running 486X600 M&B with all the graphics turned down: that scares the crap out of me, I don't know what you're talking about. :lol:

All in good fun. I'll keep you updated. Writing some major dialogs right now, getting crafting done up, and then troops come next - maybe a Necromancer faction (it could start off with no holdings but a few big undead armies at war with everyone else spawned randomly at the start of the game. Ooh yeah, I like it...). Stay tuned. :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom