(Updated 10/03/2023) The Necronomicon - Download Page

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, I had seen Death and Disease before (in fact it helped inspire me toward a few things *cough*helmet*cough*), but I was unaware of Darkmod. They both look good, but both also were abandoned. I don't intend to give up on this mod - after all, it is already almost finished. :mrgreen:

Right now the "to do" list consists of:

1: Bonuses for set items. Maybe. I have sets of equipment, so I think a bonus when they are fully assembled sounds right.
2: New banners.
3: Necromancer armies
4: Complete crafting (prob 90% finished at this point).
5: Flaming weapons (i can hope!)
6: Permadeath for everyone but the player (got it implemented for the player already)
7: Killing regular npc's

... and that should be it. Out of time. Talk at you later! :twisted:

If already talking about permadeath for everybody...

...I was always thinking about somehow generating companions in taverns. Like those criminal guys Name-from-list nick-from-list maybe, except that they would join player, ave customizable inventory and would advance slowly. Unfortunately I ended up with reinstalling Mount&Blade

:?:

Well I got crafting completed last night - barring some recipe changes (and I'm pretty satisfied with what I have) that part is done. I am implementing set items, and that is 90% done... I just need to figure out how to check all four weapon/shield slots for one item at a time.

Just so you guys know my life right now consists of:

A: Getting up around 8 or 9 in the morning
B: Modding until around noon
C: Getting stuff done in town for a couple hours, including internet, like right now (if feeling particularly lazy, proceed to step D)
D: Modding until around 3 or 4 in the morning
E: Sleep

I really need a job (*cough*please-hire-me-to-make-models*cough*). But in the meantime, the maintenance my sanity requires is your boon. :mrgreen:

Insomnia is fun, it makes you feel alternately like an evil wizard or a zombie. :twisted:

Seriously though, I am having a lot of fun eating, breathing and sleeping M&B. More soon!

Hey N0ught, you should update your golem screenshot. I saw the new version in The Forge and it looks awesome

Swagg3r said:
Hey N0ught, you should update your golem screenshot. I saw the new version in The Forge and it looks awesome

That's the only screenshot of my golem I have... strange...

Anyway, I have finished adding set items until I come up with more sets - there are five so far.

I am implementing more artifacts for regular use in the game, so they don't just take up inventory space and give you skill bonuses.

*The Ouija Board is required for all summoning spells, but not consumed in the process. I may change it to be consumed by summoning Demons.

*The Philosopher Stone will prevent permadeath, but will shatter in the process - it is also required as equipment for many recipes, but not consumed in the process, and as an actual ingredient for some of the highest recipes, namely the set mounts. Such abominations defy the laws of nature. :twisted:

*The Hand of Glory will make you undetectable when sneaking into a city that hates you, or graverobbing.

*The Evil Eye will probably be required for summoning Homunculi (see below), and will possibly be consumed in the process.

I have also added a midrange shock troop between the Gemons and Golems - the Homunculus. You will get two per recipe. I inverted the lighting on the models so they look all hollow and shadowy. Fun using a common 3d modeling mistake as an actual effect:
Homunculus.jpg

A little bit more for you guys to drool over - each of these sets was designed with the Demon, Homunculus and Golem troops in mind, respectively...

Hellraiser's Set (full name pending): for those of you who like to swamp your enemy with millions of demons, this set is made for you. It will give a bonus to Leadership when worn, and the Hellraiser's Guillotine has some "hellacious" range, and its damage isn't too shabby:
Hellraiser1.jpg

Hellraiser2.jpg

Shadowlord's Set (full name pending): who doesn't like a gigantic shadow sword? None of these set items weight anything, and as a result the sword is very powerful and very fast. I have a feeling this set will be popular. I will add a shield eventually. There are actually thirteen Evil Eyes (a craftable artifact) included as part of the items:
Shadowlord1.jpg

Artificer's Tools: I got to thinking about all of the various means by which a necromancer might extend his life, and technology (from a midieval standpoint) was something I just couldn't get away from. That creepy "german-ninja-zombie" guy on Hellboy, Karl Ruprecht Kroenen, kept coming to mind. And so I present to you the set for the inventive Necromancer - it will add +1 to Engineer when assembled. The Artificer's Blunderbuss will be a four-shot musket, and there will also be a screwdriver for when the going gets tough. I really like the wagon wheel shield, even though it's enormous:
Artificer1.jpg

Artificer2.jpg

I have also added some creepy ambient intro music for the title screen. Things are coming along well. More soon! :twisted:

Wow! You always amaze me. One comment though. The Shadowlord's Set sword should have weight. It is beacause the game engine calculates the weapons weight into the damage dealt. Also a heavier weapon has a greater chance of knocking down an enemy from his feet.

SXIII said:
Wow! You always amaze me. One comment though. The Shadowlord's Set sword should have weight. It is beacause the game engine calculates the weapons weight into the damage dealt. Also a heavier weapon has a greater chance of knocking down an enemy from his feet.

True. I will think about that. Maybe I will make it ultra heavy instead. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom