M and B Enchanced (Suggestion)

Shall we do these kind of big task?

• Bloody GOOD IDEA! Lets do this!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bleh! Thsi sound like bad idea! Even I dislike your such of useless idea! (ouch... this will hurt.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Eagle114th

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Since modders have done an amazing jobs on heavy scripting jobs that added black smith, farming, expansing arena, adding new weapons and other objects to orginal M and B, so I have an suggestion that everyone who enchance m and b itself would start working together to pour whole of enchanced mods of m and b into this big project, known as "Mount and Blade Enchanced".

Not only it would enchance the completely new experience of M and B, with permission from authors of several mods, these other mod such as LOTR "The last day", hundred year war, and other mod could benefit from it by adding M and B 'enchance' as their standard features in each of mods while credits MUST be included in their readme and if possible, 'credit' on main menu of M and B.

I am hoping that everyone would read this and would consider about doing this, this would be huge help to M and B communities, especially even boost the inspiriations to Armage, his wife and dev. team!

:grin:

Eagle out...

I wouldn't be surprised if it got a warmer reception now with the integration of the arena mod and the talk of integrating the farm mod.

It would be cool, to see lots of little things from other mods incorporated into one uber mod... Maybe that's just idle dreaming though!

This is not the first time this sort of ubermod will be suggested, nor, I'm sure, will it be the last. The simple fact is that every last one of us modders spends our free time doing this, for the enrichment of the M&B community and to make M&B a better game. Time is precious. Fisheye is totally out of commision. Ancientwanker has his hands full with The Last Days. Onin no Ran is my baby. Another project, despite the good intentions and grand scope, is just out of the question.

This would require practically no effort, if your mod is coded efficiently. I'm assuming the topic starter has the knowledge to compile it all, if he's making the announcement. In fact, the arena mod is IN ancientwanker's LOTR mod. I'm glad he took the time to do it. He isn't talking about piling Last Days, Hundred Years wars and your precious Onin no Ran together. He means the arena, the farming, and maybe that economy one. I'm all for it.

An arena, farming, weapon, and blacksmith mod would be a wonderful mod to have. Right now I am trying to get all of those features into a mod I am trying to start, and it is hellish for someone who has never modded ANYTHING (beyond my nerfgun). If this gets done, it would make my life much easier, and the economy mods combined would be a benefit to those who want to play them all at once. I say, go for it.

One different approach to this, has been mentioned once or twice previously - that is creating a MOD extensions source code repository.

If there is a good way to modularize components of Mods (I'm thinking of something like "include" statements maybe?)

The folks who have created these nice extensions could modlularize them and document them - and post them to the repository.

That way anyone who wanted to include one or more of them, would be able to.

Just something I heard mentioned once or twice a while back. Don't even know if it would actually be feasible though...

DE

Not very easy, since Python doesn't do preprocessor statements.

You'd need some way to stick an import statement in the middle of an array, which I don't think would work.

Good old-fashioned cut-and-paste would be easier, which puts you squarely in "we already have that right now".

I call them mini-mods or specialty mods and I plan to include any that I like once it passes a certain threshold of bug-free-ness. Its important that they really have their P's and Q's down as I dont really want to go in and monkey with someone elses script. The best to date is obviously the Arena mod.

It seems likely that many of these mods will be incorporated by the larger theme mods over time. I doubt there will ever be a "definitive" compilation as there will always be new ones to add and everyone will have their own standards of what is good or interesting and what isnt.

Deus Ex said:
One different approach to this, has been mentioned once or twice previously - that is creating a MOD extensions source code repository.

If there is a good way to modularize components of Mods (I'm thinking of something like "include" statements maybe?)

The folks who have created these nice extensions could modlularize them and document them - and post them to the repository.

That way anyone who wanted to include one or more of them, would be able to.

Just something I heard mentioned once or twice a while back. Don't even know if it would actually be feasible though...

DE

Mod mods......... :???:
I hope it can be done one day.
Also, what happend to fisheye, what did I mis?

Great idea, but we should have one thats reserved for more...well...unique mods like that crazy fish mod. We can call that whole thing "The ROFL Mod"

before this compilation is made i think we need to decide which mods and what content to include. is this basically trying to combine every mod? obviously it won't take both the last days and hundred yrs war maps, but how much of those total conversion mods do we want? just the models or other things as well? if there was a compilation of every custom object or armor retexture all into one brf file so that people could have any reskin or model they want and give it whatever stats they want in the editor. that would at least be a good starting point. it would really help amateur modders like me, who only know how to mess around with the unofficial editor.

Actually, read my first post of suggestion top of 1st page, this special big mod project would only enchant the M and B by arena, farm, black smith, more equipments, in order, to give orginal M and B MORE of features/options while actually using the same orginal maps. Other mod such as LOTR, hundred year war, and other of big mod would 'BENEFIT' by importing these new M and B enchanted mod as their mod as 'standard' features of normal M and B.

Think of this as our 'unofficial patch' for M and B, thank to these all of modders that worked hard with full efforts for this community of M and B.

:cool:

Eagle out...

I'm not against it as I've said one hundred times before.

Right now Maw is working with me on the economy thing. I don't know who else is making mini/gameplay mods. I have suggested Janus and I integrate our stuff because his jousting/tournament mod is what I was going to do with fairs...

Lets stop just talking. If someone wants to merge source files then PM me.

The weapon mod, farm mod, and arena mod are the ones I can think of that don't detract from the core gameplay but add to it (since that is the purpose of the enhancement).

Back
Top Bottom