SP Antiquity Skirmish: Britannia - beta to download

Users who are viewing this thread

Amman d Stazia

Master Knight
NOW DOWNLOADABLE NOW DOWNLOADABLE

http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/ I found it right there

(thanks for that one guys)

This mod is set in a fictive civil war in roman Britain, shortly after the death of Emperor Trajan. Why then? Because Trajan stripped the Britannia garrisons down to two legions, which historically did in fact lead to some unrest.
I've not managed to do any meshes yet so it's all based around the original meshes, but I think I've done OK.
here's a picture....
skirmishbritannia3ah.jpg

Due to software issues I've been unable to load my own module or work on it for a while, so the gamma version is a long way off. I hope to have fixed the shiny armour syndrome, build a mesh of my own or two for helmets and shields, and MAYBE for armour. And I'll be altering some of the gameplay too, just haven't decided what yet.

I am not sure about a readme - I think I'll do one, but it will only say
@save your original files somewhere else then copy this lot into M&B to replace the original files@ I'll have to think about it a bit.

it crashed during the first upload, sorry about false celebrations, and by scrolling to the right, I found the 'edit' option. All good.

Hmm, it's not listed. Did you take it back down?
By the way, the best link to use here on the forums once the file is uploaded is the "View Full Details" link for it.

Big fat apology here for being a leeetle bit hasty.
My internet connection crashed before the upload finished, so I'm actually uploading it as of this point in time. I will post a confirmation when the upload is complete.

Dontcha just lurv a 56k dialup?

Amman d' Stazia said:
please someone... how does the 'edit' function work? I want to be able to write my updates into the original post....
What do you mean? What are you having troubles with?
Btw, if it would somehow be faster (don't know how, but maybe), you could email me the file and I could upload it for you (I'd of course give you credit and everything). Don't know if that can actually help, but if it can, I'm willing to try.

However, I'm going to bed now, so that would have to be done tomorrow. Good luck--hope it all works out for ya. :smile:

Okay.. I've playtested it. It is unfinished. I can see flaws here and there. Especially textures. I'll put this straight. Not good. Can you came up with more details and sharpness? Armor and even clothes are wayyyy to shining.

Now we come to good things....

I am very impress with the effort Amman put into this mod. I visited 2 town-fort. I can tell you that they are very detailed and unique. A lot better than towns in Hundred years war. Still lack of population but I can understand that there are a lot of issues. So this is not a problem. And there are also forts with siege!! That's right.... SIEGE!!!

With what you currently have. This mod has great potential in it. If you can model and put in some better textures...Model in some roman and barbarian stuffs...We'll see more in the future perhaps?

hmm you got the textures to work meatbag? when i ran the game the shields were white they had nothing on them and the lether armour that the squire starts with was seethrough :shock:

I had a problem when I entered one of the border forts. I appeared in the fortress in a small shed by the gate. As my troops (10 infantry and 13 archers total) appeared around me the defenders were slaughtered. :grin: It would be better if the attacker appears outside of the fortress where the baggage is.

About a third of the defenders where mounted. It looked a bit silly with them on the wall and jumping down into the court, perhaps you should use troop types without horses.

Kastor said:
hmm you got the textures to work meatbag? when i ran the game the shields were white they had nothing on them and the lether armour that the squire starts with was seethrough :shock:

You have to replace the original textures with the new one...

I recommend that you create another M&B folder for this mod only because this will replace your original textures.

Another bug: In the south the terrain falls below sea level with a cliff going up :shock: to the sea.

im really into rome and cant wait to play the mod, but where do i download it? Am i missing the link or did u remove it?

Just extract it in your module folder. copy the files those outside the Skirmish Britania folder to your M&B textures folder...

Ahhh... Soooo confused... Perhaps someone with good English will explain that again... I can't speak English very well.

Amman d' Stazia... next time, please include a readme. Okay? Thanks.

To install it just take the mod folder and put in the modules folder and if it has textures and stuff, just put it in the textures file and overwright everything, i suggest you back it up if ya dont want to loose those textures because they go for native aswell!

At least i think thats right!

Back
Top Bottom