OBJ to BRF collision model converter.

Users who are viewing this thread

fisheye

Python script takes an OBJ file and outputs a BRF collision manifold based on the mesh in the OBJ.

Python File
Batch (executable) File

Usage: Edit mesh2manifold.bat, change the meshname variable to whatever you like (e.g. foobar). Also change Native to whatever your mod is called.

Code:
set meshname=foobar

Input file: foobar_colli.obj
Output file: bo_foobar.brf
Collision object name: bo_foobar

Usage of collision object:
Code:
  ("my_funky_scene",0,"my_visual_meshname", "bo_foobar", (-100,-100),(100,100),-100,"0", [],[]),

Janus said:
Wow, cool stuff. So this means you've got the manifold format completely figured out?

Ah, not completely. There's two mystery fields that I can't figure out, but plonking default values in there seems to work fine...

This is for creating collision meshes to make objects solid (whether scene meshes, like a cave for instance, or for solid decorations in a scene, like a table) so you can't walk/fall through them.
fisheye said:
Janus said:
Wow, cool stuff. So this means you've got the manifold format completely figured out?
Ah, not completely. There's two mystery fields that I can't figure out, but plonking default values in there seems to work fine...
Well, close enough. As long as it works, eh? Good job. :smile:

Which means our model/texture people can create a whole heap of new items, buildings, trees etc for us to place into our scenes????

Oh WOOT!

Wootalicious even......

When can we start making requests - LOL!!!

Looks like modellers/texture/mesh people just became even more valuable :smile:

DAMMIT your name is almost exactly mine, and were both Australian!
you bastard!

but hey, i want to find out about making new scenes... where the hell is the tutorial?

Battle it out in the arena!

Oh and i look forward to this thing and the things this thing will produce. :cool:

Dreadus said:
Dreadus said:
where the hell is the tutorial?

No tutorial for you! :evil: Go stand in the the back of the line!

--Fisheye, Tutorial Nazi

Just kidding. No tutorial necessary. Instructions are in the post; if you don't understand them, you don't have enough M&B modding experience; I recommend reading Lurb's or Janus' tutorials and making some items first, and making some new scenes using my Newbie Modder's tutorial.

i dont mean that
i mean like, I want to create an entirely new scene, but i dont want to just hack into it without knowing what im doing and how the game handles it.

Dreadus said:
i dont mean that
i mean like, I want to create an entirely new scene, but i dont want to just hack into it without knowing what im doing and how the game handles it.

Try my Newbie Modder's Tutorial on creating new scenes. It's a good place to start for a new modder.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/viewtopic.php?t=6919

it depends what you mean by "newbie modder."
I'm relatively new to the MnB modding scene, but i have been a modeller for about 4 years now, and I have modded for half life, half life 2, torque engine, morrowind, and others.

Depends...if your talking about making a scene with all new models incorporating the tool this thread is for...or just creating a brand new scene using the exisiting ingame stuff

:smile:

Hm, well I'll post a step-by-step walkthrough of how to create a new room for Zendar, once Storymod 0.5 is released (very busy until then), is that ok?

Back
Top Bottom