SP Fantasy A WHFB Mod for M&B (Recruiting & Mod THEME discussion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastor

Squire
Warhammer Fantasy Battles*needs a name change* : A Mod For Mount And Blade

our game is based on games-workshop's table-top wargame "Warhammer Fantasy Battles"

visit this url to find out more of the warhammer world:
http://www.games-workshop.com

so far the team is:

[size=12pt]Kastor: Official editor

Not Recruiting: Models (Blasius, Yori, Luigi)
Recruiting : Textures ( luigi, Pjoo)
Recruiting : map editor (Octoburn)
Recruiting : Custom Scripter (Pjoo)
Recruiting : Lore... (Adeptus1, Stoned Dude)

we could also use a UV mapper to speed up the modeling process

And a link to the Warhammer fansite forums of Warseer
www.warseer.com/forums

will keep updating this post...

Is this based on the Stanley Kubrick film, Paths of Glory? Probably not I know, but I love that movie!

why does averyone talk about what the mod is rather than reply to the posts which are made? :cry:

we need people...people! (sentients are humans after all, and that is what we ask for) please lend us your talents!

EDIT:that question was Rhetorical! :twisted:

A. they may not know what sentients are!
B. they are not interested if they dont know what Path to Glory is.
C. they are not interested at all.

Lu Bu said:
A. they may not know what sentients are!
B. they are not interested if they dont know what Path to Glory is.
C. they are not interested at all.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

we DO need people for the modding.

what kinda idiot doesn't know what sentients are? and im interested in any mod, even if i haven't heard of what it is before. ive never heard of path of glory, but im still guna play the mod when it comes out. i'd help with the mod. im a modding noob so sry i cant help.

I'm such an idiot then. Or are you? If you don't even know how to anounce a mod properly so people actually know what the mod's about.

you learn something new every day...

worbah,raz no need to get defensive SORRY im a noob to moding and forums but people learn fom their mistakes as im sure both of you have.

you want to know what this game is about here you are:

For the tribesmen living in the Shadow lands in the north,the lands of Chaos, there is no greater glory than to become recognised by the gods themselves and exaulted over other members of the tribe. Though the risks are many and great, they are far outweighed by even the smallest chance of gaining the gods' favor, for down that path lies the chance of attaining immortality

As the coming Chaos incursion grows nearer, more and more warriors have begun battling against each other in an attempt to gain the attention of their gods. This is not only taking place in the far northern wastes, but even in the midst of the lands of Men, Elves and Dwarfs.

our game is based on games-workshop's table-top wargame "Warhammer Fantasy Battles"

visit this url to find out more of the warhammer world:
http://www.games-workshop.com

our mod is based on raising a chaos warband aligning with a certain god (staying neutral will still be an option) and then trying to "gain the favour" of your chosen diety by competing with rival warbands...

anyhting else spesific you would like to know?

I can't see too many plants making competent scripting, but poor expression beside, what do you plan to make the mod about exactly? I think you may have to entice people, or at the very least do something to effect a semblance of interest and response from the community.

What about daemons? Everyone love daemons!

they would have to look humanoid but obviously not be human

like this here Bloodletter >>>

i think i know a way to ad that stuff without having destroy the current meshes :cool:

ok i think its best to stop arguing about sentient beings and explain the mod:

path to glory is a variation on the WHFB game.
it is centered around chaos warbands and tribes (evil bastards ) seeking favour from their twisted gods, essentially by slaughtering people and doing things to please thir god.
of course, if this mod is completed, it would feature some or all of the chaos factions, including chaos undivided( for people who dont want to join any faction)

it could also feature innocent people to kill, as well as rival warbands and tribes, and missions based on pleasing the chaos gods, which would be things like : ''kill a rival champion'', or kill five groups of empire troops ( empire = a more civilised, advanced nation, which lacks the brute streangth and psychoticness of chaos) .

as for a map, there is definately a clear map of the chaos wastes and surrounding country to work from, and units would be relatively simple, as the mod WILL be based on WHFB, so the options for troop types would be laid out already.

the reason why we are not suggesting a general WHFB mod is because a mod based on Path to Glory would work a lot better with M&B.I think of it this way:

Rome total war = massive scale battles = general WHFB

M&B = smaller scale of battles, with more focus on individual troops and upgrades= chaos warbands, empire patrols and whatever else can be included without ''overcrowding'' the mod.

thx for reading, and as kastor said, we still need some help with the modding, but i have already started work on dsome of the models, and it will be *very* easy to post information like actual unit upgrade trees if anyone wants to see them. :grin: :grin:

edit: ok here is some more info.
troop upgrade tree:
this is only at a concept stage, so suggestions to it are welcome :smile:

tribesman>
chaos follower>
chaos maurauder>
chaos warrior>
chosen warrior>
champion of chaos :twisted: >
exaulted champion of chaos.

tribesman>
chaos follower>
scout>
maurauder horseman>
chaos knight>
chosen knight>
mounted champion of chaos.(note no exaulted hamp. of chaos on a horse, as this would make infantry obsolete)

also, if kastor's idea about daemons is right, then here is a daemon tree as well:

tribesman>
chaos follower>
chaos maurauder>
lesser bloodletter/plaguebearer/other assorted evil things >
greater bloodletter/plaguebearer/ etc.

of course, the ranged capabilities will be very limited for chaos, so i was thinking to include javelins within the lower ranks , and MAYBE, the odd maurauder bow, because ranged combat is a great part of m&b.

and, also , maybe 1 or 2 empire border forts, to add some vareity.
empire troops of course, will be differrent to the chaos ones.
maybe ?
peasant>
militia> (yes, very origional...)

skirmisher> (lacking a better name) >archer OR crossbowman> elite ''
OR
border guard>pikeman OR swordsman
pikeman>halberdier>elite '' > err... need a suggestion here.
swordsman> elite '' OR empire horseman

elite swordsman > ...some variation on whatever name comes up for the elite halberdier upgrade.

empire horeman>empire lancer>empire knight> master knight ?

hope i didnt lose anyone there, will keep updating this post.

note : thx kastor :smile:

Im very interested in anythign Warhammer related, while im more a 40k fan i love games workshop stuff :smile: I can model, do maps (especially can do this), im not great at texturing but willing to help and id love to help with the design. http://www.the-schragnasher.com I also have webspace and email i can help with. Please contact me
AIM: schragnasher
email: [email protected]

schragnasher we would be *really* happy if you could help.
i will email you if u are still interested, but what the mod will really need is a map of the chaos wastes, with plenty of towns and unique areas ( like altars to khorne, and stuff like that, places to get missions etc. )

also there will be a faily large amount of models to make, so help with that would be great.

kastor is currently the project leader, so i would email him about most things.
also any other input at all that you would like to put in would be really appreciated. :grin:

Ill look into that, is ther e awiki for warhammer fantasy? I know there is one for 40k. Im not overly familiar with the landscape of fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom