Rest in Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lu Bu

Banned
I dont work on this anylonger...

But i still :razz: want to thank all who contributed to the mod.

[IMG]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1169/shapeshifter2jpgthumb2692026km.jpg[/IMG] said:
Rest in Pieces

Dynasty Worrior...

Is it about the Three Kingdom Era, or Water Margin era (Yuan to Ming)?

Ryuta said:
Dynasty Worrior...

Is it about the Three Kingdom Era, or Water Margin era (Yuan to Ming)?

i read the first book of them, and Dynasty warriors is the 3 kingdoms.

*note: i would have to check for the other rulers, but these are off of my head

for Factions, there was:

Wei- Ruled by Cao Cao, son was Cao Pie, Cousin was Cao Ren (dozens of other Cao's, up until the Jin dyansty took over)

Wu- leaders were (in order)
Sun Jian
Sun Ce
Sun Quan

Shu- Ruled by Liu Bei, a "second in command" was Zhuge Liang (very powerful Tactics, was known as the sleeping dragon)

a odd idea would be able to find the warriors from the game in their respective parts (i know nothing of towns in this era). if it were done in before the era actually begun, yellow turbans could be used for rived pirates. with NanMan's acting as Khergits

also, heres a map of the areas

fresian_3kingdoms.gif

I played the game and got the book, also i watched/watch the TV shows, which gives very good background info together with the game! *laughs*

But remember when the Yellow Turban Rebellion was, the other factions worked together to destroy them, the alliance broke during the war vs Dong Zhuo.

Also for Wei dont forget Xiahou Dun and Xiahou Yuan.

Also i think the heroes should be there and very strong indeed.

NanMans as the Khergits is a good idea.

I actually think of Ma Teng and Ma Chao's Xiliang warriors as a better match for the Khergits, who seem somewhat Mongolian / Middle-eastern to me.

They are more into horses of course, when NanMans are more into elephants ... of course to really bring in the flair of it there would be the need of many scripts and quests and so one!

Also Liu Bei, who later becomes the Shu Leader, dont have any land in the beginning, its just Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, so they must be getting their Land later....

This mod sounds good. Do you know this site:
http://kongming.net/dw4/info/
There are lots of officers, a map and other ideas you could use.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Chinese themed mod with new weapons and armor inspired by authentic Chinese weapons and armor...

But don't you guys think the whole "Dynasty Warriors / Romace of the Three Kingdoms" thing has been done to death by now? I mean really, what game are they up to now? Six or something?

wow, I've been a great fan of the RTK series ever since RTK I on the PC. Although my talents hardly exceed a little scripting and historical backgrounds, I'd sure like to help with that :smile:

By the way, the full novel can be found at http://www.threekingdoms.com/ - and they're at the tenth game right now, producing the eleventh as we speak. That doesn't hurt the fascination of the era though, imho.

Its good to see some people are willing to play and to help in makeing such a great mod! :grin:

Dont forget that they make the 11th ROTK Game and the 6th Dynasty Warriors Game, if you dont count the Extreme Legends, which are more or less extra games.

But i dont think the whole "Dynasty Warriors / Romace of the Three Kingdoms" thing like you said is done to death by now, its becomes even greater due to all the games, books and tv shows! :razz:

The most important thing would be all the different factions, like Dong Zhuo for example, who comes to great power but later loss all of it again, the world map would be in need of quite a flexible way. (strongly changing faction activity and the player would of course have a major effect on this, maybe he could even lead the Yellow Turbanes to glory.

Also leveling weapons, which should be possible, are good idea.
You would to have to choose a special weapon for that of course!

I included levelable Lu Bu Halberd weapon into my game, would need a new model of course. Just a test yet, but the weapon could also change model if it advance just like in the games. :wink:

There would be the need of new models and textures of course, because the current arent really fitting for most parts.

Well the question is on what part of the era you base it. If we take the early time (180-200) for example, We'd have about 10 different factions, including Yuan Shao, Yuan Shu, Dong Zhuo, Zhang Jue, Liu Bei's Mentor (I forgot his name), Liu Biao, Liu Yan, Cao Cao, Gongsun Zan, Sun Jian...
If we base it on the Three Kingdoms era itself (220-260), we'd only have Wei, Shu and Wu.
Also, one should think about the possibility of making towns change their faction. Perhaps someone should post at the forums at kongming.net?

Thats right, it may be easier if it is based directly on the three kingdoms era, but of course then some of the flair would be lost.

And we might post there... but maybe we should have a little more before doing so? Or just tell em straigth and see if they are interested?

Also they would learn about M&B which would be a good thing on its one. So we should post there soon i think! *sigh*

And sure towns will changes factions, it is doable quite easy, just somekind of siege would be needed, but thats not a problem anymore there came a good mod out just today! :wink:

Just wanted to let you know that there is some progress being made. *sighs*

Btw what do you think about the armor there? Notice Chinese Face. Doesnt it look like them?

Very good work, Lu Bus Halberd is be modeled by an good moder btw.

But every weapon will be useful.

if you make commander weapons, you could make slighty different versions of the weapons like 3 models per weapon, so they can change look if they level up.

the weapon's leveling up seems moronic, to get unique weapons that the characters use in DW, you should have to pry it from their dead fingers (not available in shops, add several versions of items in the party to increase odds of getting it)

there should be some basic weapons, no super powered troops killers unless you earn it by taking on a super powered troop killer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom