(ORIGINAL THREAD) maw's murder mod LOCKED

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maw

Sergeant Knight at Arms

Maw's Murder Mod (m3 v808.x)                                      "Where everyone dies. Alone."

It's coming. Yesssss...

It's coming.

:lol: :lol: LOL Okin, HaHa!!

actually a pit fight would be easy, just copy all the arena stuff and don't give them blunt weapons.

Wow, this is tough. i got beaten in the arena training loads! maybe its a bit too hard though, theres not really anywhere to hire men from and the river pirates are 17 men strong and armed with many throwing weapons. i enjoy it though, very good. makes m&b much better. i love the map too, except that on the edges it falls appart and blows my mind.

The mod seems pretty promising but i have a problem with it. I don't know if this happened to anyone else but when i went into the world map and walked for a few seconds the game crashed (it was that static memory buffer error or whatever)

valen,

had that too from previous mods, changed my configuration a bit and had no prob since then with any mod. i changed:

render_buffer_size = 16

use_pixel_shaders = 0

texture_detail = 50

one of those settings seemed to have fixed it. i have ctd on rare occaision with a conversation, usually after i've done some python work with the game on, but i think mosta the complaints will be from the 'roughness' of the mod since i just kicked it out.

i'm trying to get a few quick fixes in today before i leave for the holidays, so there'll be some cosmetic/conversation/scn changes.

remember, mostly i threw this out for the "now-i-will-die-when-i'm-stupid" crowd. and, as always, any creative criticism will be thoughtfully considered. maw

ps... i know the world map edges get whacky as you approach them on higher zoom out, any ideas how i can change this so it stable and not distracting?

You need a bigger map. If the map is too small you can see beyond the camera boundaries to the edges which look swirly. You need lots of empty land around the camera zone.

rob...

how can i specifically designate

1. character uses his own weapons in the pit
2. 'no use' (restriction) of ranged weapons
3. opportunity to claim opponents weapons, armor and cash upon victory
4. 2v1, 3v1 odds at increased winnings

i can do the rest, but this is what i'm shooting for "in the pit".

jockey,

i still usually die before lvl 10. onct or twice i got a bit higher before i improved the game a bit. new map in v.2.

i survive by
1) assisting others in their combats, wait for ally engages enemy, then join in
2) try to get the (presently) free npc's at various locations... theres our buddies Marnid and Borcha, Ardenius, Rodney, and Dannae. instead of throwing armor on them, i spend money on shields and ranged weapons, that seems ta work if you ride them with tactic, keep them together.
3) you can hire some kherg raiders and sea raiders which are pretty good assist, although expensive. also attack weak enemy that have prisoners.
4) i think the best hireling path is merc path: townsman/peasant-sellsword-hiredblade-merc-merc sgt-merc lt, mod was actually designed around it. vaeg archers are always a good investment. manhunter path is good too, and bountyhunters start having has tournement practice bows to knock out at med range, good for making money but crappy when nose-to-nose.
5) run-hide-use terrain. use ranged weapons to soften them up, then charge when close. keep your boys and girls together until final rush. kill ranged enemys first.
6) swear a lot. that helps me, too.

thanx, maw

"GET IT ON!"

All of the stuff you're wanting to set up for that is in two files. In module_dialogs.py the tournament master dialog sets up first part of arena match, including opponent selection, mission to use, and scene to use. In module_mission_templates.py it lays out how the mission/match will go, including removing/assigning equipment, winning conditions/results and other triggers, and so forth.
Hope that helps. If you want more help setting up custom fights, shoot me a PM. I've played around with doing just that a fair bit with my mod. :smile:

k, thanx janus. i'll look it up... i also recently downloaded the python file for the arena mod, and i'll look through that too. maw

I hold this mod in high reguard, I think that the world map could be smoothed out some bit but the gameplay is alot more challenging than vanilla MB. Keep up the good work im looking foward to improvements! :grin:

this is a freakin awesome mod. It makes the gritty combat of M&B into a gritty life-or-death struggle. I'm lovin it.

i'm tryin' like hell to get debug and clean up my next little tweak...

i have found it takes ten times longer ta do anything in my life. blech.

maybe tonite...

glad someone likes it. i try out other mods, blatant plaigerist thief and hack that i am, but i always find myself coming back to be killed. fraudien? hmmmm...

anyhow, after hours of playin, i think i gotta avoid tweaking 'eye candy' an' start pumping in quests. the first one that works will allow you to help a lady escape from zendar to sargoth, chased by constables and bounty hunters - and later, she should provide additional unsavory political tasks...

also got recruitment of deserters, refugees, and farmers on map ta work.

so, its a little to look foward to.

also, i seem to have the most fun non-aligned with any faction, if i keep my troops down to 20, including the 5 npc-sergeant types. when i join a faction, i really gotta beef up to fifty or so.... so now i'm trying to get a trigger to work that toughens up your opponents or changes compositions of the party_templates to meaner, well armored, and more experienced troops. i got great ideas, a thousand at least, but they all seem to take 100 hours to make work, an' my unborn great-grandchildren'll be playin' by the time i finish all of them.

maybe tonite, or at least by this weekend, i'll have the next installment. maw

How goes the development, Maw?

I've been trying this puppy out and I love the 'hard core' factor of it. The perma-death reminds me of roguelikes; get as far as you can with this char, and when he dies, see how far you can get with the next. Awesome.

Holy **** on a stick the world map is huge! havent seen a city for 5 min! :shock:

But i like it, how about an option to see the entire world map when u travel.

nice mod, :grin:

this...OWNS.
when i get it :razz:
a question. do you have, of will you implement raptors weapons....i am a raptor weapon junkie. i needzz my swordzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom