SP Sci-Fi Apocalypse Age of Ash

Users who are viewing this thread

Can O Soup

Recruit
Here's the new thread.

For reference:
It's the year 2612, and World War 3 has ended. The bombs hit a couple of decades ago, destroying most of the major cities in the world. Washington, Moscow, New York, London, Paris, you name it. The explosions and fallout killed some 70% of humans, mainly the ones who couldn't reach a shelter or lived near the cities. Some, mainly the ones who lived in areas with less radiation, mutated, becoming mindless cannibals with a short lifespan and a great hunger.
The scraps of humanity that survived now try to build a better world, but they still fight over fertile non-radioactive land that has become very scarce. Preyd upon by mutants and their neighbors people have only begun their fight for survival.

looks like a nice mod only are you going to work with guns and stuff? and I should name it age of ashes...

I guess by going that far in the future, you can use beam weapons...easy to convert crossbow bolt or arrow into a beam.

before going into gunpowerder or beam weapons, it would be nice to know that they can exist with bows as well. But those looking to run around with beams and guns, the concept will probably have those as extremely rare...

I was looking foward to an Army of Darkness mod, but post apocolyptic works too. I look foward to seeing what you come out with, if I had any coding skills or patients, I'd offer my services, but lacking those I'll offer moral support.

For future reference, I think cigarettes should be a trading commodity. A good place for those to be cheap would be Richmond, if that's a city that's put in. Phillip Morris is there.

For the weapons you could have clubs and and axes, but very little ranged weapons because after world war 3, hardly anything would be left, military armys and weapons would be destroyed. but you can have a some but not too advanced weapon cashes and military bases would have some old guns.

"its all fun and games until someone nukes the other guy" killer rat

Regions to consider:
Wastelands
Fertile Land
Scrubland
Hilly Terrain
Deep Valleys
Craters

Wastelands: Area directly outside of bomb craters. Highly

dangerous due to mutants etc.

Fertile Land: Most towns are here. Heavily patrolled.

Scrubland, hilly terrain: In between towns and wastelands.

Deep Valleys: Military bunkers could be on the sides of the

valley.

Craters: Bomb impact zones. Sparse, but deadly enemies.

Town styles:
Will we want regular style towns, or our own town icons?
If our own, what kind?

Dark Industrial
Lighter Makeshift Walled towns
Rubbled City
Underground Bunkers

Most advanced ottainable weaponry:
Medieval?
Early Americas/ Civil War/ War of 1812ish?
World War 2?
Present day?
Near future (Basic robot soldiers)?
Far future (Energy weaponry etc)?

Number of factions?

Number of joinable factions?

Faction types?

Preferred length of storyline?

I didn't have much to work on at the moment, so I decided to begin creating and testing stats for various creatures. The first being one I suggested earlier and have dubbed for the moment, Juggernaut. A powerful and large mutant wielding a grand two handed weapon. Possibly a parking meter or stop sign.

I tested it against swadian peasants, I felt that they seemed to represent what the average human in the Post-Apocalyptic future would have. From now on we will call them cattle. Now, the Juggernaut has 2 armor pieces, one on the legs and on on the chest. Both grant it large armor points to the point where most attacks simply glance off him. The armor pieces also have large weight values, making the Juggernaut's movement rate a welcome weakness.

None of what you see below is a representation of what AoA will look like.
2.jpg

*Here we see the Juggernaut himself, ive been testing him with various amounts of peasants, he slaughters groups of 5,10,15, and 20. Though the latter two can create stunlock nightmares.

Taking on a Juggernaut solo can be a challenge for higher level characters, and suicide for lower levels.
3.jpg

4.jpg

I purposely gave the Juggernaut no head armor, this creates a weakness for the player to exploit as constand hacking at the torso usually warrants no damage.

Suggestions? Weaker? Stronger? Slower? Faster? Any ideas on what the finished version should look like are welcome.

Might want to make him a little slower if no damage can be done to his chest. Sometimes it's impractical to go for a headshot with a sword/ table lamp/ whatever.

Some more backstory behind the war:

Year: 2587

The United Federation begins to amass troops for an invasion of its smaller neighbor, the Regional Alliance. Within a year of this massing, war is declared. Although small, the R.A. has advanced nuclear capabilities kept secret from the U.F. Knowing that his defeat is assured if he does nothing, the leader of the R.A. authorizes the use of a last ditch effort to keep his people from becoming slaves. The R.A. launches a salvo of nuclear missiles at the U.F. The U.F. retaliates, but a missile goes off track and impacts in Khantiak, a much more volatile region of the continent. Khantiak retaliates with its own nuclear weapons and fires upon everyone it has targets for. Mutually assured destruction commences, with more powerful bombs than currently exist. Nor are the bombs clean bombs either. Most were designed to explode near the ground to destroy infrasrtucture, while still spewing radioactive dust for hundreds of square miles. Most everything within a major city is dust or slag within seconds. The outlying ares suffer massive radiation overdoses. Birth rates plummet globally. Survivors huddle together for 35 years before radiation levels approach safe. Some land has survived fertile, due to some unknown factor. As it is, scientists do not have time to research what caused this as they are too busy trying to survive. Contact with anyone from other towns was limited at best over the decades, so relations have grown tense. There may be extreme prejudice towards other towns. The people not lucky enough to escape the radiation have just finished raising their 3rd generation of short-lived and desperate offspring.

What do you think? Realistic enough to work?

My ideas for weaponry (I don't think we should use the real names for legal purposes, but I believe most of you know these)

Melee: baseball bat (1h/2h), short lead pipe (1h), long lead pipe (2h), parking meter (2h), axe (1h), hunting knife (1h no block), self-made cleaver (1h), falchion(1h [could we use the one from Last Days? We could retexture it a bit to make it look less rusty]) spiked baseball bat (1h/2h), antique sword (made in 23rd century), sledgehammer (2h), pre-war sword (1h/2h), pre-war hammer(2h)

Polearms: tribal spear (1h), warrior spear (2h [I thought we could ask for the uruk-hai spear from Last Days]), pole-cleaver (2h)

Thrown : bricks, stones, tribal javelins, modern throwing knives.

Bows: selfmade bow(use the model for short/hunting bow with duct-tape on it and a nails coming through the grip between your fingers. the really ****ty ranged weapon that you resort to when you can't get anything else),
pre-war bow (slightly futuristic, but mainly like the ones that are made these days),

crossbows: Self-made crossbow (again, really ****ty and shoddy looking), pre-war crossbow (long loading time, but VERY powerfull. You guys have seen the modern crossbows at work? we should reduce the bolt-stacks.)

Pistols: self-made pistol(rare and uneffective.) Rebetta 92F, Steppe Falcon .50, PSU Strategic, Pre-War Keckler Und Hoch (featureless and powerfull)

Rifles: self-made rifle (you guys know the hunting rifle from Fallout?), Chinwester 2400 (they make rifles these days, why not 400 years from now :smile: ? the actual design hasn't changed a lot, so they still could look the same), sawn-off Rabbet (think about it :smile: ), Pre-War Styre Ranger

So, these are my ideas for weapons so far. I'll post more later. modellers, have fun :smile:

I think that you should have suits of hard metalic armours that makes you look like a robot for the humans and have ragged clothes left by the melitary for the mutants.

the sky and ocean should be green and the battle fields should have no plants and only left over scraps of broken tanks or fallen planes.

the ocean should be like this:

Back
Top Bottom