SP Native Minimod: greatsword (download now!)

Users who are viewing this thread

[P]aradox

Recruit
This minimod adds a greatsword (yes, there's already a great sword, but I didn't know what else to call it. And it IS great, and a sword to boot) to your regular installation.

This is one monster sword. It's got huge reach and does lots of damage, but it's pretty slow - you'll want a decent agility and lots of points in two-handed weapons.

Download: http://timothyd.com/host/art/greatsword.rar

Instructions: Unrar the contents into your M&B directory.

WARNING: this mod overwrites these three files. Back them up first.

CommonRes > weapon_meshes1.brf
Modules > Native > item_kinds1.txt
Textures > weapons1.dds

If you have already modified your native installation or want to put this elsewhere, just copy the Native directory in Modules and unrar item_kinds1.txt into the new directory instead.

No original content is overwritten by this mod, though. A single sword is added to the game. I didn't add it to any troops, so you'll only find it at merchants.

gsword_screens.jpg

Approximate stats:

gsword_stats.jpg

(This isn't actually accurate anymore.. base cost is actually 760; base speed is 68. Also gets a bonus against shields, and maybe some other stuff. I think it's fairly balanced.)

Feel free to do whatever you please with the mesh and texture; use it in your own mods, repaint it, change the stats, have fun!

Too bad : the mod can be only added to normal version i think.
What about mag7?

Im not a mod creators but im almost sure that these files in this mod will make a bugs in Mag7 :sad:

what do you mean to the normal version? I have 7.4 unmodded and it doesnt work...

when I install it and then load up the game, upon entering a town I get a crossbow bolt error...

I mean that Greatsword Mode should work at 704 unmoded ( im not quite sure)

But rather this mod will not work with other mods changing weapons files and textures

Anyway this huge sword can be called espadon or flamberg or claymore.
I think there was a medieval two handed sword with lenght above 2 meters ( maybe 1,8 meter) used by infantry.

The same with flamberg. Let's clearly : using very big swords mounted wasnt good idea : these swords were to heavy, to big and not very handy.

Claymore was a weapon of scotch clanmens. I dont remember right now , but im supposing this sword was also used by footed troops.

Infantry used these rather big swords against plate-armored mounted ( footed) knights. Impact of these swords was enough to falling knight down.

Hmm... I'm not sure why it won't work. Perhaps it's the BRF, I deleted something from it. I'll look into it.

Alright, I updated the file on the server. Download it again, it should work. If not... well, I don't really have time to get into it right now. I can't think of any reason why it'd be messed up though. It just isn't that complicated!

Might I suggest a bigger pommel or a much longer grip? I'm sorry, it's just that I'm a man for functionality, and as it is it doesn't look very functional. Blade width notwithstanding.

Back
Top Bottom