Add New Items to Mount and Blade: VIDEO TUTORIAL

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, here's a video tutorial on how to add new items to Mount & Blade, otherwise known as "BRF editing" (or RSF editing for your pre-7.xx old timers).

Download
You can get the tutorial here [M&B Unofficial File Repository]: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=50

Instructions for viewing the tutorial:
The tutorial is in Flash SWF format.  The tutorial comes in a zip file, with a folder named BRFTutorial.  In the folder there should be four (4) files, including Untitled.html, Untitled.swf, Untitled_config.xml, Untitled_controller.swf(and a 5th file, readme.txt, which is just a copy of this post).  Just open Untitled.html in your favorite browser.  You'll need Flash Player first, however.

You'll need the following tools to complete the tutorial:

A brain,
Lurb's BRFView model importer/exported,
A hex editor (I prefer and used Hex Workshop in the tutorial),
A Mount & Blade install,
A computer,
Hands.

I suggest before doing this, make a back up of your M&B install, especially if you have save games that you don't want to lose.  I'm not responsible for anyone screwing up their save games, or not being able to follow the tutorial, etc. disclaimer blah blah blah.

Also, if any of you take offense to my voice, you can kindly piss off :grin:

LMAO. That's a closely guarded secret!

[This is what he's talking about]
horsewolf.jpg

I'm going to release future tutorials showing how to edit the more complex items (i.e. those that need to have environment maps defined for their materials). Hope you find everything in order Ancient, I know you and some of the other guys have been waiting ages to be able to edit this stuff.

just want to say good stuff :smile: although i think i will wait around for a bit till he fixes the material editor, i'm not very confident when coding. Expically with Hex :razz: bite me

Well, I started banging away but couldnt get it to work yet. At first I tried a weapon but noticed that it wont accept my renamed copy of weapons1.dds (to weapons9.dds) as a legit texture. After I do the hex stuff and come back it says its unable to find the texture.

So I tried horses to keep it simple, this time it will accept it as a texture on the horse and even shows me the texture on the horse. I save and try to load the game and get the old <str error that ive had for the past week when monkeying with this stuff.

I made sure I replicated everything bit for bit and even used names that didnt require the changing of the name length bit. Im starting to wonder if this is an OS issue (ME on this one) so Ill try it on my XP laptop later today.

EDIT: ok, Ive got a horse in. I really dont know what the issue was. There is still something that Im missing with the weapons though. Ill try it later when I get back.

Thats the first ive heard about the shader files and whatever else. Does that go for armor/costumes as well? Also, im only adding shields from the weapons file but I guess it uses the same format.

So what files are required to be changed?

I don't recall what all files need to be edited off hand. It holds true for any item that is shiny, and it's done by material file, so if the file is capable of shininess, it has an entry.

Henderson said:
I lurb you very much yoshi, very much :grin:

ps. Say, were you the Yoshi boy who joined BF2's Wild west mod? :smile:

yes, for a small amount of time, but the leader was a nitwit. I was partly trying to sort the whole mess out :razz:

DynastyFenix said:
where can we find Lurb's BRFView model importer/exported and A hex editor (Hex Workshop)?

Just google 'hex editor' - I forget the url offhand - it comes up at the top of the list.

For everything else check Sheek's thread Mod/Tools updates - stickied at the top of the mod forum.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/viewtopic.php?t=6332

DE

Hrmm...ok...bit of progress....got my new mesh ingame.....looks fine on inventory screen...but ingame its bloodywell invisible?!!?!?

TEH?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom