SP Musket Era Wild West Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

[P]aradox

Recruit
I'm working on a Wild West mod right now. Until models can be imported, it won't really work, since guns are going to be a big part of it, but I'll get texture and map work done in the meantime. I've replaced the Swadians with the United States and the Vaegir with the Sioux Nation.

As soon as I manage to change place names (this is possible, right?) and get a map together (haven't decided on the exact map yet... but lots of midwestern USA in the end) I'll compile something for download.

Right now I'm thinking of adding Comanches as khergits and maybe Crow or Shoshone as dark riders. Blackfoot as mountain bandits, perhaps.

Zendar troops
farmer/townsman > trapper > hunter > explorer > frontiersman

United States troops
settler > militia > regular > cavalry > heavy cavalry
settler > militia > regular > veteran > sergeant
settler > militia > rifleman > sharpshooter > sniper

Sioux Nation troops
tribesman > brave > warrior > spear rider > war chief
tribesman > brave > warrior > spirit warrior > dog soldier
tribesman > brave > scout > archer > horse archer

Other faction troops
outlaw > bandit > desperado

New weapons
Bowie knife
Tomahawk (melee & thrown)
Rifle, shotgun, revolver (various types/brands) i.e.
  • Spencer Carbine
    Sharp's Rifle
    Mississippi Rifle
    .45 S&W Schofield
    .44 Colt Dragoon
    .44 Army Colt
    .45 Colt SAA Peacemaker
    .38 Colt DA Lightning
    .36 Navy Colt
    .44 Walker Colt

wildwest1.jpg

nice textures, good use of the nobles coat. This idea was kicked around for awhile and it looks like you are off to a good start.

Once you can bring in models and Armagan whips up a bit more firearm support (hopefully..), you should really have something.

Wow, I actually had the exactly same idea (wild west) last night. And now I open the forums and see pictures of indians and US cavalry.

Great work matey!

I would be happy to help you create a world map for this mod along with world map textures. If you want to find me some kind of referance pic i will get along with making the world map and new textures.

I may also be able to edit the trees, if i can have some referance pics for that.

*shakes head* Um... No, okiN that really does look like the Wild West.

Pretty good resemblance to me!

well the majority of the map is the dry grass, steppe texture and this is pretty much what it was like. I have been to california and areas around there. Thats what its like.

Yeah, that seems pretty accurate, from my semi-limited knowledge. BUT, I'm an American, so I'm an authority on the matter. :razz:

Why not have the setting between the Mississippi river and the Arkansas River?

You'll have half of present-day Wichita, along with Kansas City, Topeka, Manhattan, etc.

You'll also have St. Louis, and other Missouri towns n stuff.

:smile:

EDIT -

Pic of the area I mean -

I threw it together in MS Paint, so it looks like **** on a stick

However, the key in the upper left corner says -

Red Lines - Borders

Blue Lines - Rivers (act as borders as well)

White Dots - Possible locations of Cities

Wichita / St. Louis - Capitals for the Factions (Wichita = Sioux Nation, St. Louis = Settlers)

EDIT 2 -

YoshiBoy, you said you've been to California. Great. The Sioux we're nowhere near California. Think... the Dakotas. Ever been to South Dakota? In SOME places it's all dry, arid, and with little vegetation. However, in other areas it's more like the Great Plains, which is where I live.

Going with the Great Plains area is the best and only way to go, seeing as how the Sioux Nation wasn't down in Florida or California.

Do some research. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom