~The Hundred Years War Mod (v4.0) for M&B 0.751~ (former thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
parcheminua2.jpg

Version 4.0 :
An de Grâce 1371, already thirty-four years of War in France...

Features :
:arrow: Everything that was in the previous versions (except Laura), plus...
:arrow: Completely new unit trees.
:arrow: Whole new map.
:arrow: New map icons.
:arrow: Recieve rewards as you progress in the hierarchy.
:arrow: New models and textures, including Luigi's helmets and RR_Raptor65's Weapon Pack.
:arrow: Arena Expansion 1.6 included.
Savegames from Native or from previous versions are not compatible.
The mod is fully self-contained and therefore doesn't affect the vanilla module.

Note that HYW 4.0 is a 'mere' conversion of the vanilla Mount&Blade at the moment, since I wanted to release it before my departure. It will be completed later with several updates such as improved textures, strategic war system, castle owning, extra quests, new items, new heroes, bonus-giving troops and much more.

Download here (Unofficial Repositiory, WinZip needed) or here (FileFront). .

Make sure to download the Music Patch for the mod. Tracks from Kings and Kingdoms by Edgen (Justin R. Durban).

Have fun. :wink:
-GandalfTheGrey.

Models: helmets by Raz and Luigi, weapons by RR_Raptor65 and Raz, map icons by Thorgrim.
Textures: -GandalfTheGrey, Raz, Ryuta, Thorgrim, Cataphract, RR_Raptro65 and DaBlade.
Mod included: Arena Expansion v1.6 by Janus, DaBlade and Taurandhir.
Special thanks to Janus for his Installer Script and his inestimable help, to Thorgrim for the priceless BRFEdit, to Effidian for his Unofficial Editor, to Scion for his pieces of advice for texturing, to the modding community and its tutorials, and of course to Ipek & Armagan for creating this awesome game and kindly releasing the Module System.

Version 3.0 for M&B 0.711 :
An de Grâce 1353, already sixteen years of War in France...

New features :
New models created by Raz & Assyrian, including helmets, banners and weapons.
A third recruitable hero in Nantes, and the possibility to recruit the marquis Jacques in Brest under certain conditions...
Both French and English heraldric armor included in game.
An enemy hero, Aymerigot Marchès, who appear if you reach the rank before grandmaster-knight.
Town centers for all the cities, each being different from the others, and new names for taverns.
Slave traders in Amiens and Clermont.
Slightly modified map with new icons from Thorgrim.
New interfaces and backgrounds + custom font.
Fixed bug with French noblemen.
Fixed balance issues.
An easter-egg !
The mod is fully self-contained and therefore doesn't affect the vanilla module.

Version 3.1 :
Backgrounds removed, except for the main menu.
Font improved, more flowing.
Laura's bug fixed.
3.0 savegames compatible.

Version 3.2 :
RR_Raptor65's Weapon Expansion 3.5 added. I didn't change the weapons stats, it'll be done in version 4.
The new weapons have been given to the French and English troops (melee and mounted), not the brigands. It might also alter the balance and make low-level troops harder to kill.
Savegames from 3.0/3.1 should be compatible, but the weapons won't appear immediately, and your army will keep the old equipment unless you hire new men.

You need to have winRAR to extract the file.
Then, replace the original 'Textures' and 'Native' folders by the one I made.

Uploaded on the Repository (thanks Janus) :
http://www.fenrisoft.com/mb_repository/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=7&lid=47

No prob, glad to have you onboard.

As for it being in RAR format; I use WinRAR myself, but as most people don't, it would be better to have it in ZIP format. WinRAR can output to ZIP. The filesize might grow a little, but IMO that's better than requiring people to get a program that can handle RAR files.

I'll have to give your mod a try in a little bit, thanks for sharing it. :smile:

EDIT: By the way, if you want help getting it set up using the installer script I've released, I can help if you're interested. Since it adds textures and such outside the script will need a few modifications though.

Alrihty, I have it istnalled. Now I have two complaints, alot of the blunt weapons, and quivers are shiny! Did you paint them with gloss? X.X

And the weapon speeds, it seems sorta ridiculous having 42 strength and swing a knife as fast as a 2 year old. >.<

Remove the cross from the monk. It's looking ugly and one could guess it's monk anyway. Alternatively make it smaller. Another question, as i didn't try it yet, is the monk not armed?
As to scandinavian raiders, i'd leave them as sea raiders or replace them with normans, alemans or something similar, since scandinavian sounds a little strange. Anyways, good work! :grin:

I had some problems with shininess, I advise you to play without dynamic lightning for now, until I can fix that...
Weapons speed is correct for me, and it depends on agility, not on strength I think.
The monks have staffs, but it's not really useful anyway since they suck. I also think that the cross is too big, I'll probably change that. About the sea raiders, it's not a bad idea... :wink:

YOu do not need a texture importer to add multiple textures to a mod. Ask ancientwanker, because he somehow made mulitple heraldric textures within his hugemod. it may have been n00b +some random numbers there. I think extra horses got in too. Regardless, I really like the idea. You could change the dark nights and khergits to be one faction, and make it the conditerri (spelling on that? that is the italian version, do not know the french or english). Essentially, they were soldiers who had deserted or been released from service, so they roamed the country in bands, occasionally even holding cities at ransom.

Also, i second the conversion to WinZIP, if possible

Unfortunately, HugeMod is for 0.632. I would have used it to implement my new textures if it was compatible with 0.7xx.

New link added : Zip version.
I'm also making an auto-installer, thanks to Janus, it should be ready soon.

I seem to have a weird problem where most of the armour doesn't appear at all, leaving me with an invisible body, and lots of other people with invisible bodies or feet. In the stores, those bits of armour just appear as blank black squares - it includes plate armour and leather armour. Any idea what's going on?

To me this mod seems very... Biased towards to English. Maybe it's just me, but the French armour is alot better looking and more of it. There is, in general, more stuff for the French. Also the English City names sound very French to me. Except Saint Denis ( :???: ) And well, yeah. I just think maybe using real place names for the English as well as the French would work nice. :razz: Apart from that good work.

ps. Oh and maybe retuxture the English Heraldic Armor to Red with a White Rose in the Center, or White with a red rose? Just a suggestion.

All towns are French, but the English conquered half of France during the war (even Paris). The cities are relatively accurate and correspond to the Normandy area : I didn't want to put London on the continent. That's why all the towns got French names, some have merely been conquered by the English.

About the heraldric armors, I want to give the vanilla one to England : red with a lion (maybe with a bigger lion, like the one on the menu). Unfortunately, the French heraldric armor (flower of lilies) already uses the mesh... I'll add the English one as soon as HugeMod v3 is released, or when n008's texture importer is available. For now, the leather jerkin mesh is used. The Rose was not the major symbol for England at that time, but it's a good idea, I'll probably add it on a kite shield.

You are probably a bit right after all, there seems to be more stuff for France... because I know more things about it. If you have other ideas for England, feel free...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom