SP Native Battle size changer - update 10/08

Users who are viewing this thread

Hardclyff

Recruit

I made a little utility which allows you to change the battle size beyond it's designed bounds. To use it, unpack it in your M&B directory and run. .NET Framework 1.1 or 2.0 beta is required. (You can get .NET Framework here.)

Update 10/8
- .NET 1.1 is now needed
- Battle size is now shown as an actual number, not a percentage.

Update 10/5
- 0.7xx compatible

Download at the MB File Repository site.

Other remarks:
* If you wonder how to change it yourself with a HEX editor, it is a float value, by default ranging between 0.0 and 1.0. You can find it in a file called options.dat at bytes 0x50 through 0x54.

IT MUST BE PSHOPPED. BURN THE HERETIC!

No, just please share the ancient wisdow of yours with us:

How on earth do your peasants always slaughter vaegir top notch troops?

Yay this is fun with the 200% version, here my army walks almost in a formation,well not quite but...

asdgf.JPG

Hardclyff said:

The battle size is a float value, by default ranging between 0.0 and 1.0. However it can exceed this limit if you manually edit the options.dat file. So for those who can HEX-edit, it is a float value at bytes 4c through 4f, and it has reversed byte order for some reason.

The rest can download my config, which has battle size 5.0, that is 500% of the max value. However it crashes randomly :smile:, so I suggest you should rather download this 200% battle size version. Simply backup your original file in the M&B directory and replace it with this. Also you will have to set up your options again (but don't touch the battle size slider, who knows what would that do).

Last note: I hope you guys have better computers than me, because it was unplayable on my poor AMD 2400+/GeForce 6600/1GB Ram.

Very cool, I looked in options.dat for a way to do this when I was first messing with the .rsf files and I figured it was there somewhere but I didn't bother looking hard.

This is very cool. Can it be used with mag7? I guess it should not do anything to the m od, but i better ask before i install this!!!

Blade said:
This is very cool. Can it be used with mag7? I guess it should not do anything to the m od, but i better ask before i install this!!!
Sure.

I'm gonna write a small program which will let you set the battle size while preserving the settings.

Very nice job Harclyff.

I have a 3.2 GHZ, 512 RAM, 9600 ATI Radeon, do you guys think that will run 200% or 500% any good? I was waiting a long time for this, and now it's here, but I prolly cant run it :sad:

Now only if there could be formations like single or double line so they wouldnt clump together, and so if you have 20 archers, now all of them would shoot instead of the 3 in front :razz:

Ok, I downloaded the 200% one and the file is options.dat ... now what exactly do I do with this to get it to work?

You might be able to run it, but be prepared for lag. Turn off video options until you get the armies killed off a bit, then turn them back on.

Blade said:

Should be able to be used with Mag7/HugeMod/any other mod, yes.

Back
Top Bottom