Sound Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

it doesnt seem to work...

i put em in the sound folder but the sound in game doesnt change i think this has something to do with a sound code or summit

Should work. Just overight the sounds in the sound folder with the ones in the pack, make sure its the sounds folder in your Mount&Blade folder. Replaced almost all sounds with new ones, you should definitely notice a difference.

I'll do some testing of my own, please post back if any problems.

Sorry about this, re-uploaded again just to make sure. Some sounds updated, this should be the last time. URL at top updated.

where do you download it from the webpage? Its just making me browse my own computer.

Konradude said:
where do you download it from the webpage? Its just making me browse my own computer.

Scroll down to the bottom and select the FREE option for download type. When you are redirected scroll to the bottom again for the link (may have a wait time).

Didn't have any problems with the sounds, I've been testing them. Please post if it works for you along with some critique. Be sure to overright the old sounds with the new ones and backup first.

this sound mod is splendid, now when i fight it actually feels like battle, and nothing spells out satisfying more than when you hear the screams of your foe falling to his death.. its great

tsuken said:
I hope it's not a hoax with a virus, I'll just not try.

I know what you mean but I have updated virus scans and it checked clean. Yes, I know they can all be defeated but it does increase ones confidence.

I like it. It's very subtle and a bit more real-sounding. The only sounds that I kind of disliked were horse-galloping sounds, they were deep-sounding but just not quite loud enough for my taste. It was hard to hear other enemies coming up behind you on horseback. Make it a little louder and I'm happy. My favorite sounds are shield-hits and sword-blocks. :smile:

bloodmerc said:
I like it. It's very subtle and a bit more real-sounding. The only sounds that I kind of disliked were horse-galloping sounds, they were deep-sounding but just not quite loud enough for my taste. It was hard to hear other enemies coming up behind you on horseback. Make it a little louder and I'm happy. My favorite sounds are shield-hits and sword-blocks. :smile:

Thanks for comments.

The game seems to play the horse-galloping sounds at a low level and I've had trouble making them hearable.

I'll update the pack in a bit with louder hoof sounds and new hit sounds.

Edit: Updated first post with a seperate pack of louder horse-gallop sounds.

:smile: Thanks. I like the new sounds especially the deeper more vivid "thud" or "clang" when a shield is struck. Before the wooden sound was perhaps appropriate but too too low - as though the shield had block a small stick instead of a heavy axe. The deeper sound of charging hoofbeats is more enjoyable to me also.

I'm using six speakers and I admit M&Bs are still somewhat...lacking. There are a few occasions when there's no sound at all - a problem that seems local to this game as the sounds are good otherwise. It doesn't happen all the time - probably no more than 1 of 10 starts - but when it does, I'm in a relatively silent movie. However, restarting the game often brings the sound back. Just FYI.

I don't suppose it would be possible to host this somewhere else, because the current hoster isn't letting me download from my IP, apparently i have already used it too much even though i have never heard of them before.

Back
Top Bottom